Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2014, 12:16   #436
BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I guess you're referring to Suman's X1.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3200731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
If your battery is ok any car should "survive" two weeks of standing still without any problems. If it doesn't there is something wrong with your battery or you have some electrical problem that is putting an additional drain on the battery. Relatively easy to find.

Jeroen
Thanks vb-san for pointing towards the correct thread.

My apologies for assuming it to be two weeks, it is actually six weeks that the X1 was not driven for.

I feel more relived now.
the_skyliner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 10:21   #437
BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Saw this Polo TDI on a flatbed heading towards their workshop at Mahadevapura. Couldn't speak to the driver to know the cause of the breakdown. Since I do not recollect seeing any leakages underneath the car, I suspect it to be an electrical malfunction or simply a case of wrong fuel being filled. Anybody's guess this.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-rsz_img_20131221_155537.jpg
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 02:43   #438
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend spotted this PB registered SLS on a flatbed in Andheri today. No visible damages to the car - so guess it may have just broken down.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img20140203wa0001.jpg  

v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 14:47   #439
BHPian

Taken this photos yesterday while at Skoda service center, Bangalore.

From what I heard, it had problems with engine heat-up and AC not working.

Hope this comes out all fine!
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-wp_20140306_11_50_29_pro.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2014, 17:13   #440
Team-BHP Support

A Land Rover Freelander. Perfect member for this thread considering the number of sour Land Rover ownership experiences on the forum:

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img_3091.jpg

Do checkout these Land Rover ownership experiences:

Mad Monkey's Discovery

Ranjan Gupta's Range Rover
moralfibre is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 07:53   #441
Senior - BHPian

Here is a nissan sunny on the truck. I was little surprised to see a japanese vehicle . But I dont know the reason for it. It was not a crashed vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-1395714144460.jpg  

undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:47   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Here is a nissan sunny on the truck. I was little surprised to see a japanese vehicle . But I dont know the reason for it. It was not a crashed vehicle.
Nissan is more French now than Japanese.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:54   #443
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it is just coincidence, but lately almost 90% of the vehicles I spot on Flat-beds in and around Delhi, while driving, are Japanese brands.
The following cars I can off-hand recall having seen recently - Toyota Corolla, Honda Amaze, Honda Civic, Nissan Sunny and a Toyota Fortuner.
None of these were accidental cars.
I also remember seeing a VW Polo and a Skoda Yeti within the last month.

So, seems like Japs are also as good business at least, for the Flatbeds, as the Germans.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 16:16   #444
BHPian

A 5-Series at Worli Naka yesterday evening.
I wonder if the E-Class just happens to be behind it, or is it waiting in line to get on....
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-20140328_174348.jpg
Old 29th March 2014, 16:40   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys also keep in mind that many dealerships use Flatbeds to transport cars from one workshop to another or for further diagnosis.

For example, I know of an SLK from Chandigarh which was transported to Delhi on a flatbed for some further R&D.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 16:52   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Guys also keep in mind that many dealerships use Flatbeds to transport cars from one workshop to another or for further diagnosis.

For example, I know of an SLK from Chandigarh which was transported to Delhi on a flatbed for some further R&D.
Audi offers free flatbed pick up and drop off for all R8's under their free road side assistance pack for the initial years.
This is done only for the R8 as workshops are often located in interiors of the city where the roads aren't equipped well enough for that car.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 17:18   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Audi offers free flatbed pick up and drop off for all R8's under their free road side assistance pack for the initial years.
This is done only for the R8 as workshops are often located in interiors of the city where the roads aren't equipped well enough for that car.
True. Also, Porsche Gurgaon's location is in such a place, a sports car simply cannot drive there. Ferrari gurgaon also is located in a terrible terrible place!

Simply dont understand why people dont open the workshops on the main road!! If you are anyway spending crores of rupees opening a new workshop, you may as well make it accessible to your customers!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 16:17   #448
BHPian

Came across this A4 on my way back from work yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-photo-1.jpg  

Old 11th April 2014, 17:56   #449
Senior - BHPian

I see scores of these every day, today I bothered to click. The mighty ol' W221.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-1397219472630.jpg  

FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 18:08   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Maybe it is just coincidence, but lately almost 90% of the vehicles I spot on Flat-beds in and around Delhi, while driving, are Japanese brands.
The following cars I can off-hand recall having seen recently - Toyota Corolla, Honda Amaze, Honda Civic, Nissan Sunny and a Toyota Fortuner.
None of these were accidental cars.
I also remember seeing a VW Polo and a Skoda Yeti within the last month.

So, seems like Japs are also as good business at least, for the Flatbeds, as the Germans.
Pardon my ignorance,. But how do we know that these are tow trucks and not trucks used for relocation. The other day, I saw a Honda City on an unmarked and flat bed truck from my house balcony (facing the main road) and thought that it was stranded somewhere and was being taken to the service centre. Only after the truck unloaded the car at the apartment complex adjacent to mine did I realise that it was being relocated rather than being towed away to the garage.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed