Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 12:04   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Spotted this ML being loaded onto a flatbed in Bangalore this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-mercmlflatbed.jpg  

Old 5th March 2011, 00:05   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

For a change, spotted a Red Octavia vRS on a flatbed truck on nagar road in pune today evening. Unfortunately, it belongs to some BHPian (don't know who), it had multiple Team-BHP stickers including a transparent one on rear number plate.
Old 7th March 2011, 08:45   #183
BHPian

Between it is difficult to agree that all these cars had a breakdown. The Merc on the first seems to have temp reg plate and probably it is being delievered to the owner at his place.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:48   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Between it is difficult to agree that all these cars had a breakdown. The Merc on the first seems to have temp reg plate and probably it is being delievered to the owner at his place.
+1.
I too have the same opinion, not all flatbed riders are ailing German vehicles.

Since the thread heading is neutral about what causes them to ride the flatbed trucks, -breakdown, -delivery, -registration, -whatever? its safe to report all of them here! In other way it shows how they are being taken care of
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:47   #185
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A Range Rover Vogue in Juhu.
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-rangerover.jpg

A Hyundai i20 near Juhu Lane.
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-i20.jpg

A W140 Mercedes S Class in Khar.
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-mercedes.jpg

A W114 Mercedes 230
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-merc3.jpg
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:51   #186
BHPian

A POLO being towed on a flatbed.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-image_174.jpg  

Last edited by cadaver_prad : 23rd June 2011 at 18:53. Reason: Did not blank the plate
Old 24th June 2011, 09:20   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaver_prad View Post
A POLO being towed on a flatbed.
I was just thinking, that this particular Polo would probably be returning better mileage figures than the Indica being advertised behind the tow-truck!

Do all "German" cars, therefore, have better mileage figures since they are transported all the time?

It's another matter that I do not consider the local Polo very German.
Old 26th June 2011, 15:38   #188
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Wondering if this BMW dealership ran out of flat-bed trucks - that they had to tow this 5 Series like this!
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-230620111011.jpg  

Old 26th June 2011, 15:57   #189
Senior - BHPian

That's a shame and carelessness too, see the driver door it is ajar which would have jumped around all through the journey leaving and gathering momentos to remember the ride.
Old 27th June 2011, 06:49   #190
BHPian

Guys,

I don't know why the presence of a car on a flatbed is immediately judged as a breakdown. BMW services entire states by carting them around. For example the place where I stay we have around 30 BMWs. Until recently all of them were serviced in Mumbai using flatbed trucks. They never drive down the cars through the traffic when collecting the cars for service. Also owners frequently use their service to shift cars between locations especially by people who own houses across different states.

Quite often these cars are taken out of Mumbai and then packed in a weather protecting jacket before starting the journey.

Atleast to me, when I see a immaculately maintained BMW owned truck turning up with the car at the door front it reeks of quality service. Dealers that can arrange these kind of logistics are the best ones. The colour of the sofa and the suaveness of the salesperson make less difference in a customer's life.

Last edited by Trapezio : 27th June 2011 at 06:52.
Trapezio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 17:17   #191
BHPian

Saw the older gen VW Passat being put onto a flatbed yesterday. It was definitely a breakdown as the car was standing there for a good half hour with the hazard lights turned on before the flatbed arrived.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:42   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Guys,

I don't know why the presence of a car on a flatbed is immediately judged as a breakdown. BMW services entire states by carting them around.....
Either way you look at it , the Title would still hold.
No German cars > no premium service > no need for flatbed's
Old 30th June 2011, 23:40   #193
Senior - BHPian

Saw this beetle being towed to the A.S.S
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-597.jpg  

Old 30th June 2011, 23:47   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Wondering if this BMW dealership ran out of flat-bed trucks - that they had to tow this 5 Series like this!
That Bimmer seems to have taken a bad bang head-onto something (notice the front bumper missing, the RHS fender bender and the driver door a little out of place)
Maybe the front axle had given up thereby causing the car to remain stationary, hence the good ol' tow-truck!
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 10:17   #195
Senior - BHPian

The flat bed trucks are getting business in rural Kerala as well. I came across a UP 30 registered one with a crane hire agency, at a place called Thalayolaparambu, which is a very small town.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-flay-bed.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th July 2011 at 10:20.

Most Viewed