Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 14:13   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Spotted this Range Rover near Mahalaxmi about two days ago. No accident damage was visible. The car possibly broke down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
That is Actor Salman Khan's RR Vogue.
Also, the car is running on RR Sport HSE's wheels. I never saw another Vogue with these rims. Even the Sport TD-V8 gets meatier ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
No flatbed, but Mercedes touches a new low- being towed by the humble M800
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 16:03   #302
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

A consulate BMW X-5 being taken on a flatbed to the BMW Service Center
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-20130204_131127.jpg  

Old 16th February 2013, 23:24   #303
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off topic:

I have more to add from the Mercedes Benz bus range. Volvo was the first overseas CV manufacturer to crack Indian Bus market, and it took Volvo almost 10 years. With all the home work done by Volvo for a premium bus, Mercedes came with huge accolades and launched its Intercity coaches betting high only on its brand - Travel with star. But in less than 3 years, Mercedes is almost wiped off. Their sales has reduced to almost stand still. There is nothing much to talk about the service support also - very poor and scarce.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 16th February 2013 at 23:33.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 03:00   #304
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Same place, Same time, Another BMW X5 being taken on a flat bed to the BMW Service Center. This one had black wheels.
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-x5.jpg

This motorcar definitely does not belong here - but since it is on a flatbed - I have uploaded the pic here. Guess the car!
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-rr.jpg
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 21:51   #305
BHPian

Is this eligible for posting here? Sorry didn't find a thread on broken down tatas. Jokes apart didn't know we had E-Types in Mumbai (Navi Mumbai) to be precise. Any “Jag“ians around who can perhaps throw some light?
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img2012060500145.jpg  

autobahner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2013, 21:24   #306
Senior - BHPian

Not a German for sure. As a matter of fact epitome of reliability, a Japanese, a TOYOTA!

Not sure if this is the new "TOYOTA way"

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-dsc_00201.jpg
1100D is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 23:54   #307
BHPian

Does this belong here?

Source: http://jalopnik.com/it-s-a-truck-car...ying-253309099
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-kbigpic.jpg  

Farukh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 11:54   #308
BHPian

Huhhh, a Skoda Superb this time. It stopped on railway overbridge at Thane on Eastern Express Highway (this is a very narrow stretch, a bottleneck). I had noticed this car from Mulund, moving slower than traffic. However, I came right behind it a little before the railway overbridge. Then, it stopped on the right lane and there was some smoke from the front! Luckily for me, cars stopped behind me and I could turn left and move ahead. This happened at around 7:15 in the evening.
sa_kiran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 16:39   #309
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

This flatbed (MH 01 DA 434) should be renamed as The Rolls Royce Carrier :

Seen first transporting the RR Phantom from Mumbai to Jodhpur :
Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...hantom-11.html
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-rrphantom.jpg

Then seen transporting the Nizam's RR Silver Ghost.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-wa...carriages.html
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-rrsilverghost.jpg

And lastly seen transporting the Star of India from Mumbai to Rajkot
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-rrrajkot.jpg
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 20:21   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Audi(I think it was Q3) on the Krishnagiri - Hosur stretch. The tow truck broke down and the driver was waiting for assistance.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-audi_tow-truckoptimized.jpg  

arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 17:52   #311
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Flatbed spotting :

1. Spotted a G55 AMG on a flatbed truck passing under the JVLR flyover. Although the SUV was covered, could easily make out through the body shape and the wheels that it was a G55.

2. This is the first time I have seen a flatbed carrying 2 cars.
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-flatbed.jpg

3. GS Gallardo being transported on a flatbed for 2009 Mumbai-Pune Supercar drive
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-flatbed2.jpg
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 19:10   #312
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen this Audi Q5 (or Q3??) being towed on Bandra Linking Road today evening. The headlights and tail lights were new (non-nroken) but the rest of the car looked as if it had gone through major bodywork (accident case, it seems). The interiors were a mess with wires hanging from the roof.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-q51.jpg PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-q52.jpg
Old 28th April 2013, 21:35   #313
Senior - BHPian

At 5:30PM today, saw a BMW sedan (could not see which series) with its blinkers on, being taken on a flat-bed truck pass by Capithan's theatre @ Kollam (KL).
The car did not have any indications of having been in any accident.
Old 29th April 2013, 10:02   #314
Senior - BHPian

Actually taking stranded cars to workshop this way is a good idea. And a reflection of the car's value, and the owners' affordability!

Given a choice, I would like even my Alto to be transported this way, rather than being unceremoniously towed by an Omni! All Maruti cars get the same treatment I think, even the GV and the Kizashi!
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 03:01   #315
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

An immaculate W220 S Class being transported atop a flat bed due to a busted rear suspension.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-mercs.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks