Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 17:16   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Looking at the pics I can see Hyundai has created 4 holes in the bumper. Does that mean Rear Parking sensors standard (atleast in higher versions of the car)?
As per the brochure, the rear vision is incorporated in the internal RVM.
Old 5th January 2011, 17:51   #182
Senior - BHPian

Looks great!!!

The only thing i didn't like was the side profile, where the boot section isn't flowing in the same line, as the rest of the car. This is prob due to the tail light design which is pointing a bit upwards, making the rear look a bit bent.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-concept-5.jpg

Shan2nu
Old 5th January 2011, 18:07   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks superb! Any idea if they will still offer an A/T with the diesel engine?
Old 5th January 2011, 21:26   #184
Senior - BHPian

some more images, the red car looks amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-01_wall_1024x7680.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-03_wall_1024x7680.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-02_wall_1024x7680.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-04_wall_1024x768.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled1.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled2.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-untitled13.jpg  

Old 6th January 2011, 01:05   #185

are there any chances of this car being launched by january end or february 2011?
I have booked an etios vx will this car come for around 8lacs may be not top end version is fine than i may very well cancel etios and get an RB the toyota guys pissed me off with their waiting.
Now I am actually very happy it seem the new fiesta and hyundai RB launches are very much around the corner and i may have some choice.
Old 6th January 2011, 14:28   #186
Senior - BHPian

Looks good in most angles! I just hope the steering isn't feather light like the i20!

Any clues on when this one is launching?
Old 6th January 2011, 14:51   #187
BHPian

The boot per se is very awkward. 2nd and 3rd pics are pretty good but the last few rear end pictures are very poor. Somehow it reminded me of Chris Bangle.

BH
Old 6th January 2011, 16:16   #188
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I remain pleasantly surprised by Hyundai's new age designs, and they continue to impress me (right from the time I saw the new Sonata). The upper C segment is all set for a shakeup.....first we had the all-rounded Vento, and now a good looking Hyundai. They already have the engine; it's just a matter of getting the road manners, features & price right.

I have a feeling that Hyundai will do an "i20" with the feature list. Expect the top end to be loaded with bells & whistles.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:00   #189
BHPian

What a good looking car?
When will Maruti learn from other manufacturers? They cannot churn out stupid looking machines (yes, looks do matter :-)) one after another.
If the pricing and "kitne deta hai" of the other vehicles are right, then Maruti will be in for a rude shock.
Once in a while a shock treatment is good to wake them up, i.e., if they want to.

Subject line is of Verna, but the photographs are of Accent. Or am I missing something?

Last edited by bkbkr1212 : 6th January 2011 at 18:05.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:24   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Looks good. Is this going to be the new Verna, or is Hyundai planning to keep the current Verna and slot this above the current Verna to take on Altis, Cruze, Civic etc?
That will be ridiculous. Three generations of the same car co-existing. Maybe ford can do that with the Ikon, but Hyundai may not.
Old 6th January 2011, 18:52   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidv20 View Post
are there any chances of this car being launched by january end or february 2011?
Now I am actually very happy it seem the new fiesta and hyundai RB launches are very much around the corner and i may have some choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Any clues on when this one is launching?
Checked with a contact at Hyundai service and he says new Verna will launch in May-June this year. He told me the testing was going on and I told him, yeah! I saw the pics on TBHP
Autobox is also coming but 3-4 months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I remain pleasantly surprised by Hyundai's new age designs, and they continue to impress me (right from the time I saw the new Sonata). The upper C segment is all set for a shakeup.....first we had the all-rounded Vento, and now a good looking Hyundai. They already have the engine; it's just a matter of getting the road manners, features & price right.

I have a feeling that Hyundai will do an "i20" with the feature list. Expect the top end to be loaded with bells & whistles.
Absolutely! Hyundai is making such beautiful cars these days, the old Santro and the current Verna being the stark exceptions! I love how the i20 looks, and from the pics, the new Verna is a beaut as well.
Old 6th January 2011, 22:48   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
What a good looking car?
When will Maruti learn from other manufacturers? They cannot churn out stupid looking machines (yes, looks do matter :-)) one after another.
If the pricing and "kitne deta hai" of the other vehicles are right, then Maruti will be in for a rude shock.
Once in a while a shock treatment is good to wake them up, i.e., if they want to.

Subject line is of Verna, but the photographs are of Accent. Or am I missing something?
The car that is Verna in India is Accent everywhere else.
Just that Hyundai India did not stop production of the old Accent, so had to introduce the new Accent as Verna.
Old 6th January 2011, 23:14   #193
BHPian

IMO HMIL will launch this car in second half 0f 2011. The current Verna has slightly improved the sagging Verna sales. Come on Hyundai! give us a surprise & bring it next month.

Last edited by breezydrive : 6th January 2011 at 23:16.
Old 12th January 2011, 10:21   #194
Senior - BHPian

These should be the closest and clearest shots yet of the new Verna ever captured in India. Its once again clear from these shots that we will be getting the Russian-spec hexagonal grille and front-end treatment in India and not the Chinese-spec horizontal slated grille. While enough has been said about how good the exterior design is and really transforms the current Verna's looks, these shots also throw light into the interiors.

Starting from the much-loved, three-spoke steering wheel of the i20, the two-tone beige and black dashboard to the satin silver finish in the center console, door handles and the steering wheel, the interiors look classy and much better to the existing Verna Transform. Being Hyundai, you can also expect the quality, fit and finish to be top-notch, loosing out only may be to the Honda City.

This car also seems to have an automatic transmission with the option of slotting the lever into a second gate for driving in semi-automatic mode. In Hyundai terms, its called H-Matic or Shiftronic in other models and we shouldn't be surprised if its called the same in this model too. With the options of manual and automatic transmissions and its usual arsenal of Gamma petrol and CRDi diesel engines, I am sure that the new Verna will offer one of the widest choices in the premium mid-size segment.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-dsc08712.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-dsc08716.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-dsc08717.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-dsc08718.jpg  

Old 12th January 2011, 12:53   #195
BHPian

Awesome scoop dude. The interior pictures do look good and from the looks of it , the interiors would have quite a roomy feel to them. Cudos to Hyundai if they launch it upfront with an autobox. It may even steal some prospective buyers away from Chevy cruze because of the space it offers and the acclaimed ***. 'I am Loving it'.

'Somebody' 'Anybody' please confirm the launch dates soon.

@Sid, you're listening dude. Another Xobile calling.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed