Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 11:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Looks wonderful. Hope they price it accordingly rather than making it a distant dream for many mid size sedan lovers. the interiors look good
Old 12th November 2009, 15:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope that they do not mess up the look and dynamics this time again. Overall profile looks promising and interiors look high quality.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:43   #18
BHPian

Spied – More images of the new Accent/Verna (Code:RB)

Images of the next generation Verna which is going to be completely overhauled to transform into a baby Sonata YF.The current generation Verna has been selling since 2005, and in India, Hyundai continues to sell the original Accent. The car you see here which will borrow design cues of Sonata and Genesis, is codenamed RB — according to reports it will share vital parts with the i20 hatchback. There are also rumors that the RB will be built in India in the future, but the company’s been silent on this matter.
The RB will use four cylinder petrols and diesels. Apart from the regular run of engines, a direct-injection 1,600 cc engine is also said to be a potential powerplant. This engine will produce 140hp and return 40mpg.
A hybrid variant will also share space with the aforementioned models, but at a later stage.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-verna_accent_2011_rb_hyundai1.jpg
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-verna_accent_2011_rb_hyundai2.jpg

Source:http://***************.com/2009/11/n...2011-accent-rb
Old 18th November 2009, 01:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

the car looks sporty as compared to the trashcan that we have here. mice interiors.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

New spy shots of the 2011 Accent /Elantra uncovered

Looks very similar to the Sonata.

Spy Shots: Next-gen Hyundai Accent (or Elantra?) borrows several notes from Sonata — Autoblog
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-2011vernaaccent.jpg  

Old 30th March 2010, 21:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

love the interiors. Hope they can carry the i20 magic upwards.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:20   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
New spy shots of the 2011 Accent /Elantra uncovered

Looks very similar to the Sonata.

Spy Shots: Next-gen Hyundai Accent (or Elantra?) borrows several notes from Sonata — Autoblog
Looking at the size of the car, i feel this is Elantra not the Accent(Verna).
Old 31st March 2010, 08:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

two uncloaked shots have appeared in a chinese website but the front resembles the elantra, what about the back?

If I am not mistaken, the right badge on the decklid reads-verna.

Or again is it the elantra?
All their sedans are looking same and at the same time, cannot make out which one is what.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-001.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-002.jpg  

Old 1st April 2010, 10:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

New Hyundai Accent / Verna

Just seen the photos of new 2011 Hyundai Accent. Looks very similar to 2nd generation Honda City. Looks like Hyundai is taking seriously the growing Sedan Market in India now. Don't know when exactly it will be launched in India. Find photos & more details at :

Scoop! 2011 Hyundai Accent - Motoroids.com
Old 1st April 2010, 10:33   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Just seen the photos of new 2011 Hyundai Accent. Looks very similar to 2nd generation Honda City. Looks like Hyundai is taking seriously the growing Sedan Market in India now. Don't know when exactly it will be launched in India. Find photos & more details at :

Scoop! 2011 Hyundai Accent - Motoroids.com
Same car sidindica posted as the new Elantra?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...disguised.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st April 2010 at 10:34.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

New Accent??

Well for one I can say, the car in the second link posted above is definitely no the new Sonata.

But as far as the Accent is concerned, I dont think it is the new Elantra as it looks different when I saw a few pics of it sometime back.

Pic of the same attached. This could quite well be the new accent. Though again, I did see another pic of the new verna, which actually looked a bit hideous. So only time will tell I guess

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-newelantra_01.jpg
Old 1st April 2010, 10:58   #27
BHPian

I hope Hyundai does not goof up with the engine this time, like they did with i20. Honda City needs some real competition and Hyundai Verna/Accent are the only strong contenders.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:02   #28
BHPian

This looks little big for Accent. However the lines are similar to new Sonata - their new design theme. Whats this theme called ?
Old 1st April 2010, 11:13   #29
BANNED

wow! that would be a serious face lift and in a good way! Accent is a good car with dated looks currently! if the report is accurate, then it will be a great move by hyundai!
Old 1st April 2010, 11:19   #30
BHPian

Spied – 2011 Hyundai Accent/Verna best shots yet

Thanks to auto.ifeng.com i'm able to show you first clear images of the next generation Hyundai Verna (Code : RB) that’s coming to India next year.

Its nose has clearly drawn inspiration from the Hyundai Sonata YF, and the design cues have been borrowed to the tune of the tail light’s shape. The flowing lines, twin creased bonnet and well executed grille bring the i20 to mind.

All in all, this is a minimized Hyundai i40 which relies on its big brother for identity. This naturally means the i40 will come before the RB to get all the buzz and people talking about its spectacular design. The only sore point would it be its price (and rightly so) which the RB will try fixing by offering something similar, but smaller and at a much lower price point. This is more like the Honda Civic-City story which clicked for the Japanese. Will it work for the Korean?

The Hyundai RB could compete with the hugely popular Honda City, but what to us will make the big difference is the diesel engine under this baby’s bonnet. It doesn’t make sense for Hyundai to develop an all-new engine, so they should stick with the same engine, probably the block (engine displacement) will remain the same and items like turbochargers and heads and valves could be tweaked for better performance.

What we don’t know is where Hyundai will position this car. Will they sell both the Verna and RB in the same price bracket? Or could Hyundai get a little greedy and go a step above for the 10-12 lakh price range? If its got the looks it could always be a costly car in India.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-hyundai_rb_2011_accent300x200.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-hyundai_rb_2011_accent2300x225.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed