Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 11:12   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Guys shouldn't it be NHV rather than ANHV? We should reserve the ANHV for 3rd gen Verna
Old 29th March 2011, 12:15   #572
BHPian

Hello Mates,
The 'ANHV' is equipped with 'ABS' & if with 'EBD' as well. Do we still expect this car to deflect from its straight line path on applying breaks @ speeds above 100 KM/Hr.

Does 'ANHC' or 'Vento' behaves the same? Honestly I do not know, so I wish, the experts to pop in and grace us with their knowledge.
'ANHV' has come out of HMIL's stable after extensive research of 5 years and investing close to 900 crores. So will they give us a new product with previously known problem? I do not think so.

Let us think positive and wait for official reviews after the India launch, I am sure we will have smiles on our faces.
Here are some more pictures which may encourage all of us:
Black one from Russia:
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-verna1.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-verna2.jpg  

Old 29th March 2011, 12:37   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Guys shouldn't it be NHV rather than ANHV? We should reserve the ANHV for 3rd gen Verna
From what i read, this new verna has new architecture underpinnings. so it makes sense to call it ANHV. i could be wrong though. Verna transform could be NHV, so this one could be ANHV. Isn't it?
Old 29th March 2011, 12:53   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Verna transform could be NHV, so this one could be ANHV. Isn't it?
Err Verna Transform was just a minor facelift version so i dont think it can be called NHV . I would agree with Skywalker though.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:54   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
From what i read, this new verna has new architecture underpinnings. so it makes sense to call it ANHV. i could be wrong though. Verna transform could be NHV, so this one could be ANHV. Isn't it?
Honda City has had 5 major/minor tranformations till date, but has progressed only from OHC to NHC to ANHC, which to me is fine. OHC had Type I and Type II (but was still OHC), NHC had the first iteration followed by ZX (but still stayed NHC) and the ANHC is still into its first iteration but the tag is justified since it is a "revolution rather than evolution".

By that logic, I agree that the new verna could be called NHV (Transform can be completely discounted anyway!) and we can wait for another radically new model to christen it ANHV.
Old 29th March 2011, 13:08   #576
BANNED

Whether it is NHV or (A)NHV, isn't it cruel to call a car 'Noise, Harshness and Vibration' or 'All Noise, Harshness and Vibration'?
Old 29th March 2011, 13:24   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Honda City has had 5 major/minor tranformations till date, but has progressed only from OHC to NHC to ANHC, which to me is fine. OHC had Type I and Type II (but was still OHC), NHC had the first iteration followed by ZX (but still stayed NHC) and the ANHC is still into its first iteration but the tag is justified since it is a "revolution rather than evolution".

By that logic, I agree that the new verna could be called NHV (Transform can be completely discounted anyway!) and we can wait for another radically new model to christen it ANHV.
Since you say revolution for nhc and anhc, i can see a revolution for last verna and this verna. The new verna is based on i20, the current verna was based on getz platform(iirc). Different architecture, different underpinnings probably calls for revolution rather than evolution.

doesn't matter to me what we call it as long as it has its own identity by its name. I would prefer they launch it as a part of the new 'i' series as it has more brand recall than verna looking at how successful i10 and i20 are.
Old 29th March 2011, 13:34   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

A true drivers car would have a combination of a responsive engine, as well as good ride and handling characteristics to bring a smile on the drivers face.
This is the one aspect the new and current Fiesta would beat the ANHV and current Verna, due to their responsive engines and good handling characteristics.
The ANHV on the other hand is more of a jack of all trades, ace of none. It provides an all rounder vehicle that will be appreciated by all except the enthusiastic driver.
However, if you like to accelerate in a straight line, the Verna CRDi would trump over the fiesta. At least once you get past the turbo-lag which is prominent in Hyundai diesels.
@sidindica What do you think? Also guys lets limit the discussion of whether to call it ANHV or NHV, lets call it 2011 Verna I dont mind if you call it Verna. But lets discuss the engine, ride, handling, features, etc oh and to add more to the list do any of you guys think the auto car india review was a bit biased?

If you would like to watch another one which seemed to be a bit biased specially in the end is this one right here, its Diesel Saloon Comparison, SX4 vs Vento Vs Linea

Last edited by sreejinair : 29th March 2011 at 13:41. Reason: Too short for a post
Old 29th March 2011, 13:59   #579
BHPian

Yet to be launched new Verna in India will be a 7th generation one and this will not just be a facelift. It is built entirely on new philosophy ' Fluidic Design', I believe everyone know this. With new external bold design, new plush interiors, power packed with features (few will be first in its class) and new engines (1.6 Gamma , if not GDI) qualifies this to be called as 'ANHV'.

Further 'ANHV' is not a name given by HMIL. It’s us who have renamed it from 'Verna' to 'ANHV'.

Cheers
Old 29th March 2011, 14:57   #580
BHPian

Yes Sree, you are correct, even I felt the same. ACI’s reviews was biased but never wanted to pen it down on this forum. I have seen many shows of ACI; and guess what I found ? There is only one car in this world and out of this world i.e. ‘ANHC’

I have maintained one positive stand towards ‘ANHV’ and have urged others to maintain the same positivity. So keep smiling.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:25   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Actually, handling makes a difference at all speeds.
Having driven a car with a stiffer suspension (like the fiesta), and one with a softer suspension (like the Verna has), I found the following differences across the board:
- Greater body roll with the softer suspension. This would mean that the car would have to be driven slower around corners. This is one aspect that can be felt on the highways as well as in the city.
- A softer suspension is more comfortable in town when handling potholes and the like.
- A stiffer suspension is better on the highways as I felt a difference in the stability, as well as the car seemed less disturbed by undulations on the road. Also, at higher speeds, a car with a stiffer suspension passes less road intrusions into the cabin.
Thanks lamborghini for the clarification with examples. Now I can better understand @ softer/stiff suspension, body roll etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Handling usually comes into play at high speeds. Especially anything over 100kmph. At this speed when you brake, the car tends to get out of straight line [fish tailing] or in corners just dont take the path we want it to [over steer / under steer] forcing us to adjust the steering / brakes etc to keep the car in line. In case of over steer, the car moves more to the middle of the road increasing the risks of running into the oncoming traffic.
Appreciate the clarification swiftnfurious. I have experienced the fish tailing phenomenon number of times on my bike when I brake hard at high speed, but never in my car. If this is quite common in the old Verna, then I will have to think twice before committing for the ANHV
Old 29th March 2011, 19:50   #582
BHPian

Over all look is okay. its neither bad nor stunning. Side and rear views are fine but the front view is still looks ugly. In general Hyundai cars will be reliable with good alround quality and this car will be no exception.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:20   #583
Senior - BHPian

guys, since i started this, let me clarify.

Honda city had 3 generations -> OHC, NHC, ANHC - the facelifts etc are not counted.
Verna had 2 generations (including new) -> so the new one, with similar naming conventions is NHV. face-lifts like "Verna Deform " again are not counted.

But then again, if you guys think ANHV sounds better, so be it. Its just a name.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:48   #584
Senior - BHPian

just call it the new verna...why complicate the names? i just call the city as the city 2011 model. I have these ANHC..ANHV thingies...what will u call the 2013 honda city has? AAnnHHC?
Old 29th March 2011, 23:30   #585
BHPian

Yes, I too wish to go with Sidindica. Since I dont really see a future with the ANHC/ANHV tags. Its better to address them by their model years.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks