Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 00:14   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

the 2011 Accent is being sold in Dubai at 46000/- dirhams.....multipy that by 12 to get the cost in indian rupees.

here are few photos of Accent Blue i clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-31032011448.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-31032011449.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-31032011450.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-31032011451.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-31032011452.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-31032011453.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-31032011454.jpg  

Old 5th April 2011, 09:46   #632
Senior - BHPian

I do not know what Hyundai has acheived with their world cup ad campaign! This was the right platform to show case the new verna! You spend crores on an ad campaign and with no real time benefit! Tata has one of the best sense of marketing, may be Hyundai should learn from them. Or even Maruti for that matter. They showcased only the Kizashi during the world cup and nothing else. NOw hyundai will have to spend lakhs again when they launch the new verna!
Old 6th April 2011, 02:44   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I do not know what Hyundai has acheived with their world cup ad campaign! This was the right platform to show case the new verna! You spend crores on an ad campaign and with no real time benefit! Tata has one of the best sense of marketing, may be Hyundai should learn from them. Or even Maruti for that matter. They showcased only the Kizashi during the world cup and nothing else. NOw hyundai will have to spend lakhs again when they launch the new verna!

Agreed world cup was the right platform to showcase the new Verna. With IPL round the corner , really doubt if they have missed any trick at all. IPL will get more viewer ship owing to indians playing in every match. It would probably make more marketing sense to showcase now.
Old 6th April 2011, 10:54   #634
BHPian

So new Fiesta to be launched on 14th April 2011 as per @GTO. But what about '2011 Hyundai Verna' ? Not sure, but what is Hyundai waiting for, are they not confident about their product or are they waiting for new Fiesta to launch first, study their prices, add few more gizmos to their car and launch it with lesser price?

I guess Hyundai got themselves into trouble by declaring that each Indian cricket team member will get a new Hyundai Verna if they win the world cup. Today is 6th April, the fifth day and we still have not got any news about the event.
@GTO, do we have any news on the launch date of '2011 Hyundai Verna'?
Old 6th April 2011, 17:03   #635
BHPian

So much is happening in the thread 'New Ford Fiesta (Gen2) launching in India' with the confirmed launch date of Fiesta classic & the New Fiesta. And nothing is happening here, it feels like abandoned, lost into wilderness though we do not know any confirmed launch date but still some of us can sense, it's near.
Common, cheer up, wake up, 'Wake up Sid' and share your enthusiasm. Where have all the Verna lovers gone?
Old 6th April 2011, 17:20   #636
BHPian

@ ajay

Guess you missed out on sidindica's post about a possible next week launch. Quoting sidindica's post..

"The verna has arrived uncloaked at a secret location in Delhi. Launch sometime NEXT WEEK. Wait for this Sunday for a sneek peek."
Old 6th April 2011, 17:20   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
So much is happening in the thread 'New Ford Fiesta (Gen2) launching in India' with the confirmed launch date of Fiesta classic & the New Fiesta. And nothing is happening here, it feels like abandoned, lost into wilderness though we do not know any confirmed launch date but still some of us can sense, it's near.
Common, cheer up, wake up, 'Wake up Sid' and share your enthusiasm. Where have all the Verna lovers gone?
Ajay, the thread 'New Ford Fiesta (Gen2) launching in India' is hot & happening for a reason, there is a Mustang 101, who has the insider information. That creates a lot of excitement. Here in the Verna 2011 thread such information is difficult to some by, more so because Hyundai is not ready to spill the beans. Even I am taken aback by the news that Ford is pre-empting Hyundai. Thought that we would get the Verna 2011 first, followed by the Fiesta 2011 few months later. But the exact reverse seems to be on the cards.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:57   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Ajay, the thread 'New Ford Fiesta (Gen2) launching in India' is hot & happening for a reason, there is a Mustang 101, who has the insider information. That creates a lot of excitement. Here in the Verna 2011 thread such information is difficult to some by, more so because Hyundai is not ready to spill the beans. Even I am taken aback by the news that Ford is pre-empting Hyundai. Thought that we would get the Verna 2011 first, followed by the Fiesta 2011 few months later. But the exact reverse seems to be on the cards.
I think Ford is trying to do a 'Figo' here by unveiling the New Fiesta this month and putting it for sale a couple of months down the line. By doing this, they will successfully steal the limelight from Hyundai's New Verna, which is also expected to be launched in the market later this month.

But mostly, I guess the New Verna will be on sale much ahead of the New Fiesta and all the Hyundai fans out there need not worry.
Old 6th April 2011, 21:35   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I think Ford is trying to do a 'Figo' here by unveiling the New Fiesta this month and putting it for sale a couple of months down the line. By doing this, they will successfully steal the limelight from Hyundai's New Verna, which is also expected to be launched in the market later this month.

But mostly, I guess the New Verna will be on sale much ahead of the New Fiesta and all the Hyundai fans out there need not worry.
I believe the New Fiesta will be launched this 14th. And it should be on sale / booking immediately as well. Deliveries should start May onwards. Always the first mover will get some advantage as well. And with the kind of reviews we have had, Fiesta sales chart should fire up easily with a VFM pricing !!
Old 7th April 2011, 06:38   #640
Senior - BHPian

^^ Very true indeed. The first mover would surely have a huge advantage over the rest of the field. I just can't wait for these two to be launched. The battle between Ford and Hyundai in the midsize sedan segment has always interested me for more than a decade now and I just can't wait to see the third episode of the battle. .
Old 7th April 2011, 08:29   #641
MAS
Senior - BHPian

If the new Fiesta is launched before the new Verna, it could be blessing in disguise for Hyundai. With Ford flaunting their VFM image with Figo and expected to do the same with the new Fiesta, Hyundai may get a chance to re-work their pricing strategy of the ANHV. Hyundai is on a "high" with good sales of their highly priced i20 and may be thinking of pricing their new product in the similar way.

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th April 2011 at 23:46. Reason: The word ANHV replaced new Verna, let's not complicate nomenclature. Thanks
Old 7th April 2011, 11:13   #642
Senior - BHPian

I do not think that the ANHV would be priced cheaply even if the Fiesta is priced/ pitched as VFM. After all, Hyundai would not like the sales of i20 to be cannibalised because of the ANHV. I guess the starting price would be around INR 7 lacs ex-showroom for the car, as has been reported earlier in the thread.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:21   #643
BHPian

So, first drive reviews are out for both the new 'Fiesta' & 'ANHV' and not sure whether anyone else has noticed or not but I found few reviews to be biased towards new 'Fiesta'. So let 'ANHV' be an underrated car or a dark horse(IMO).
I dig a lot on the web about 'ANHV' when I am back home and one thing is sure that this car has been a huge success, a best seller in Russia to such an extent that potential customers prefer to buy 'ANHV' rather than VW Polo Sedan. Yesterday night @home, I did a 'paint' job for both new 'Fiesta' & 'ANHV' with respect to exteriors & interiors. Unfortunately , by the time I finished, I lost my internet connection so was not able to load the images.

First observation- IMO:
1) 'ANHV' looks much better than new 'Fiesta'
2) Interiors of 'ANHV' appears to more realistic and appealing then new 'Fiesta's.
I have seen video reviews, read the text-reviews on the web about new 'Fiesta'. Everyone has complained about one basic thing, the cramped rear space which is carried from the current generation 'Fiesta'.
Old 7th April 2011, 11:30   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I do not think that the ANHV would be priced cheaply even if the Fiesta is priced/ pitched as VFM. After all, Hyundai would not like the sales of i20 to be cannibalised because of the ANHV. I guess the starting price would be around INR 7 lacs ex-showroom for the car, as has been reported earlier in the thread.
May be i20 sales will be cannibalised but what they lose out on i20 sales, they will more than make up for on ANHV sales. People think twice about buying an expensive hatch but not at all about buying about a VFM sedan.
Old 7th April 2011, 19:24   #645
BHPian

While nothing official for the 2011 verna, the fiesta will not be launched on 14th of April. Its just a showcase event (a.k.a. like it was done for the figo) & the car will actually be launched later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Calling it "ANHV" gives it a Honda-isque taste - and I would never want my Hyundai to be Honda-isque
@Phoenix - very true If that happens, hyundai will lose a lot of loyal customers!

Last edited by Xehaust : 7th April 2011 at 19:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed