Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 22:03   #241
BANNED

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

I don't know what and all features will make it to India, but still its worth mentioning;
Quote:
Electro Chromic inside rear view Mirror
The ECM (Electro Chromic inside rear view Mirror) is for dimming the reflecting light from a vehicle behind at night, in order the user not to be dazzled by the light.
Quote:
RPAS(Rear Parking Assist System) is an electronic driving aid device warning driver to be cautious when they park or speed low after detecting an object on side and behind of vehicle by using the feature of ultrasonic waves.
Quote:
Back view camera will activate when the backup light is ON with the ignition switch ON and the shift lever in the R position.
This system is a supplemental system that shows behind the vehicle through the ECM (Reverse Display Room Mirror) mirror or AVN head unit while backing-up
Quote:
Button Engine Start System
The Button Start System allows the driver to operate the vehicle by simply pressing a button (called as SSB) instead of using a standard mechanical key.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:26   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
U-2 diesel motor

Attachment 488656
  • 1582 cc
  • 128 ps@4000 rpm
  • 26.5kg.m(260Nm) torque@1900~2750rpm
  • 90 percent available at 1500 rpm
Firstly, Verna is not going to be replaced soon. IMHO You see its just been transformed.

Power was never an issue with Verna. It was as always the class topper. Till Vento took over. But this engine can surely turn tables around. From the specs it looks to have more torque in low RPM. (AKA less turbo lag) 128 Ps is phenomenal. Would love to see the graph beyond 4000. Power may be tapering off beyond 4K but it will still have the flexibility of attaining the extra revs.

This time the handling has to be rectified if they want to compete with Vento.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:29   #243
Senior - BHPian

transformation (or whatever it is, I don't know this term) was a stop gap measure..its gonna be replaced.

Last edited by sidindica : 26th January 2011 at 12:34.
Old 26th January 2011, 12:33   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Power was never an issue with Verna. It was as always the class topper. Till Vento took over.

This time the handling has to be rectified if they want to compete with Vento.
When did this happen?

FYI, Current Verna CRDi = 110 PS & Vento TDi = 105 PS !

But I would agree with you on the handling part - Hyundai has to work BIG time to get the handling right for a monster like this.
Old 26th January 2011, 13:07   #245
BHPian

Quote:
U-2 diesel motor1582 cc
  • 128 ps@4000 rpm
  • 26.5kg.m(260Nm) torque@1900~2750rpm
  • 90 percent available at 1500 rpm
This appears to be one beast of a motor - with that sort of torque on tap at low revs, it would propel the car like an electric locomotive
Old 26th January 2011, 16:03   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
transformation (or whatever it is, I don't know this term) was a stop gap measure..its gonna be replaced.
I trust you. But the question is when?
They will need some time to recover the cost involved in the so called facelift.
May be both the cars will sell side by side. Who knows!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When did this happen?

FYI, Current Verna CRDi = 110 PS & Vento TDi = 105 PS !

But I would agree with you on the handling part - Hyundai has to work BIG time to get the handling right for a monster like this.
It is not always outright power that matters.
Vento had minimal/no turbo lag. And even till 3000RPM Verna isnt a match for Vento. Turbolag in Verna is pretty much there and is very irritating. Beyond 3000RPM the Verna felt slightly better. Cant comment much because I have not extensively driven it on open highway. But have a look at the autocar data.
Name:  Capture6.PNG
Views: 2434
Size:  4.0 KB
Look at the in gear acceleration times.
Anyway this is going slightly.
Old 26th January 2011, 17:42   #247
Senior - BHPian

Any guesses on the pricing for the diesel monster? Vento ex-showroom pricing for the top end diesel is Rs.9.25L, would be good if this falls under this region
Old 26th January 2011, 17:47   #248
Senior - BHPian

April launch is confirmed on high probablity.
Old 27th January 2011, 14:19   #249
BHPian

I'm a little worried Hyundai might plonk the 1.4 CRDi (from the i20) into the Verna to cut cost by running 2 cars with the same engine. I sincerely hope they don't though...
Old 27th January 2011, 17:02   #250
aby
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I'm a little worried Hyundai might plonk the 1.4 CRDi (from the i20) into the Verna to cut cost by running 2 cars with the same engine. I sincerely hope they don't though...
I too feel that they might end up doing that and provide 4 variants rather than 3.

1.4 Petrol and diesel
1.6 Petrol and diesel.

Otherwise with the cost of a new engine plant, I can see ex-showroom cost of 1.6 diesel exceeding the 10L mark especially given the bells and whistles Hyundai generally equips its cars with.

With 1.4 Diesel which serves the i20 they might end up with good volumes. 4 variants will mean they can have a car that straddles the entire 6L to 11L price range depending on configuration.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:29   #251
Senior - BHPian

I am a lil confused abou the interiors. Some versions point to the Chinese interiors while some point to a more contemporary ones.

Anything related to China=Cheap!
Old 27th January 2011, 18:38   #252
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't matter whether the Chinese version will get the same interiors or not as the Indian model. fact is, the global RB verna/ accent will get the same interiors with varying bells ad whistles. The interior DESIGN is the same but the difference will be in quality levels across the countries. I can safely assume-one basic variant in the 1.4 gamma at approx 6.8 lakhs, two variants of 1.6 at 8-9 lakhs and two diesel variants a 8.5-10 lakhs, on par with the city and vento.
Old 27th January 2011, 21:18   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't matter whether the Chinese version will get the same interiors or not as the Indian model. fact is, the global RB verna/ accent will get the same interiors with varying bells ad whistles. The interior DESIGN is the same but the difference will be in quality levels across the countries. I can safely assume-one basic variant in the 1.4 gamma at approx 6.8 lakhs, two variants of 1.6 at 8-9 lakhs and two diesel variants a 8.5-10 lakhs, on par with the city and vento.
I guess having multiple engine options is a good thing to do. One for the FE oriented "traveling" class and the powerful one for "driving" class! I am sure there are no questions raised on the quality of plastics - With the launch of i10, I have become a big fan of Hyundai. And I used to brag about the interior quality so much that people used to hate me to core.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:55   #254
BHPian

Sid, what is the possibility of the new Verna being offered with an optional automatic transmission?

If there is a petrol 1.6 automatic, like it is sold overseas, it would be great. Or, if they offer a diesel automatic like they have now, with not too much an increase in price, it would be superb too.

Are the 1.4/1.6 petrol engine options confirmed? Please also check on the auto tranny option and let us know!
Old 28th January 2011, 11:26   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The interior DESIGN is the same but the difference will be in quality levels across the countries. I can safely assume-one basic variant in the 1.4 gamma at approx 6.8 lakhs, two variants of 1.6 at 8-9 lakhs and two diesel variants a 8.5-10 lakhs, on par with the city and vento.
So:

1. I guess I confused it Elnatra interiors then. Still, from the pics available on the net, the interiors look utilitarian to me.

2. Do you think that the RB will NOT be priced lower than City and Vento, considering the higher band equity of Honda and VW. BTW, Hyundai has already broken down the myth that Hyundai has to always compete on price to sell with the success of i20. Its priced on par with competitors!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks