Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 12:35   #256
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
BTW, Hyundai has already broken down the myth that Hyundai has to always compete on price to sell with the success of i20. Its priced on par with competitors!
Not true - i20 is priced almost a lakh less than Jazz with a lot more features. Same with Verna (Sonata too if any one cares)
Old 28th January 2011, 14:08   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not true - i20 is priced almost a lakh less than Jazz with a lot more features. Same with Verna (Sonata too if any one cares)
Well, not quite! It is priced at par with POLO. Until recently, Hyundai had shied away from pricing its cars on par with cars from VW/Honda/Toyota. Forget about Jazz, it is a brilliant car which is absurdly priced, even by Honda standards. So, it is not the correct benchmark. What was Honda thinking? Its BMW or something...

The Verna is dead product waiting to get replaced by the RB. Its not good enough to be priced on par with ANHC/Vento. And guess what, Hyundai knows that!
Old 28th January 2011, 15:34   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, not quite! It is priced at par with POLO. Until recently, Hyundai had shied away from pricing its cars on par with cars from VW/Honda/Toyota. Forget about Jazz, it is a brilliant car which is absurdly priced, even by Honda standards. So, it is not the correct benchmark. What was Honda thinking? Its BMW or something...

The Verna is dead product waiting to get replaced by the RB. Its not good enough to be priced on par with ANHC/Vento. And guess what, Hyundai knows that!
You might want to check the list of features for both the products. I am sure Hyundai will be long way ahead of Polo. Hyundai has somehow managed to get the tag of VFM product and they simply cant offer RB at low price I guess. They would want to provide lots of features and tag a price worth it - could be above the City / Vento, but am sure would be loaded with all frills.
Old 1st February 2011, 22:27   #259
BHPian

saw this today at lb road signal at thiruvanmiyur. this was a diesel and has got twin exhausts. the windows were darkened so couldnt see the inside of it.
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-01022011818.jpg

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-01022011819.jpg

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-01022011820.jpg
Old 1st February 2011, 23:44   #260
BHPian

@JumpStart nice pictures man. Any idea when this is going to be launched in India? I heard it from the Hyundai mechanic in Aurangabad, Mah that it going to be launched in April.
Old 4th February 2011, 18:41   #261
BHPian

I just inquired at Advaith Hyundai, Bengaluru; it's gonna be launched in the last week of March or the first week of April according to them. From the pictures that I see above and on Клуб Hyundai Solaris - новости, форум, фотографии, when compared to current Verna, it looks like interiors are more or less going to be the same with minor changes but the exterior is completely ramped up.

I find the exterior very much to my liking - don't quite like the curved tail portion of the current Verna.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:51   #262
BHPian

@sith_lord thanks for the inquiry man. I've been waiting to get this information from a very long time or it just seems to be very long. Did they say anything about it pricing?
Old 4th February 2011, 20:39   #263
Senior - BHPian

Pics from the solaris club of Russia website. This car has 15" alloys, so expect the top end to look something like this:
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-4bb671c96d30b9dcdbae6ee32de0589b.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-774e77c0980614139b9417388a29aa29.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-96162570f8f6ea4043e598da00133bef.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-dd490660cbda23fb995af192e0fb924d.jpg  

Old 4th February 2011, 21:16   #264
Senior - BHPian

Siddy,

Do you think that the RB/Verna/Solaris has it to take on and beat established players like ANHC or VW Vento. I will in the market very soon to buy a sedan for myself. A factor very important for me is the interior quality. Enough has been discussed about the definition of build quality on this forum. Let's say, my definition of build quality is : The car should have good 'thud' factor (signifies the quality of materials used for e.g 'plastic quality') as well as decent reliability levels (I don't want my car to last a war but it shouldn't keep on breaking up).

Just like you are, I too am am pressed by new design and technology approach of Hyundai. But will it match up in the 'quality' and 'engineering' factors. What's your pick? Will it have some classy ambiance to sit in?
Old 4th February 2011, 21:27   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Cool looking pics! I feel the hood is inspired by the i20 which has a similar bulge in the center of hood and the headlamps by the i10 face lifted model
Old 4th February 2011, 21:30   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Siddy,

Do you think that the RB/Verna/Solaris has it to take on and beat established players like ANHC or VW Vento. I will in the market very soon to buy a sedan for myself. A factor very important for me is the interior quality. Enough has been discussed about the definition of build quality on this forum. Let's say, my definition of build quality is : The car should have good 'thud' factor (signifies the quality of materials used for e.g 'plastic quality') as well as decent reliability levels (I don't want my car to last a war but it shouldn't keep on breaking up).

Just like you are, I too am am pressed by new design and technology approach of Hyundai. But will it match up in the 'quality' and 'engineering' factors. What's your pick? Will it have some classy ambiance to sit in?
Cannot comment until I see the car in person. I cannot wait to drive that U2 1.6 diesel.

EDIT: Launch is in mid to end march, 1.4, 1.6 petrol and 1.6D confirmed.

Last edited by sidindica : 4th February 2011 at 21:37.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:51   #267
BHPian

Hello people,

Thank you so much for your inputs, any idea on the pricing of this vehicle? I heard that its going to be between 11 to 14 lacs. Of course that does seem over priced I was expecting it between 8 to 10. RB clearly no competition to civic or corolla. Ideally it should be competing with City and Vento. Everyone knows that Honda is over priced in India, well way too over priced. Will Hyundai do the same with RB?

Please post if you come to know about its pricing Petrol and/or Diesel
Old 4th February 2011, 22:38   #268
BHPian

OMG - The car design is magnificent. With a 1.6D onboard this could turn out to be an outstanding package, especially coming from a mainstream manufacturer. I sincerely hope Hyundai doesn't forget 6-Airbags, optional if not standard.
Old 4th February 2011, 23:03   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Cannot comment until I see the car in person. I cannot wait to drive that U2 1.6 diesel.

EDIT: Launch is in mid to end march, 1.4, 1.6 petrol and 1.6D confirmed.
Sid! any guess about price band for all three vrsions?
Old 5th February 2011, 00:07   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Siddy,

The thing about Koreans or the Japanese is that their cars usually dont have that "thud" factor but by no means is their interior quality any inderior and are built to last.

Hyundai has never dissapointed when it comes to interior quality,although i can vouch for only the i10 which i had ridden extensively.So if you are in the market for a sedan with good interior quality and decent reliability i think this might be worth waiting for.Do check out the vento too,it has brilliant build quality but reliability is unknown.

Last edited by avishar : 5th February 2011 at 00:17.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed