Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 22:18   #436
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th February 2011 at 16:10.
sreejinair is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th February 2011, 22:28   #437
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I hope the steering feel has been improved along with it too.
There is no doubt that new gen Hyundai Cars starting from i10 looks very good and feature rich. The only problem i found so far is the steering and the suspension.

I read an article recently while googling about Hyundai steering, and found interesting and may related to it.

Quote:
Mando Brake Systems India (MBSI) has secured a contract to supply power steering systems to Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) for its upcoming models, reports Auto Monitor. HMIL currently buys its power steering systems from Sona Koyo Group.
Hyundai has also selected MBSI to supply shock systems for all its future models. At the moment, Gabriel India supplies shocks systems to Hyundai.
To fulfil the order, MBSI is adding capacity for 500,000 steering systems at its facility in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu. Within the next three years, MBSI aims to increase production of power steering systems from 150,000 units to more than 500,000 units.

The company also aims to expand its braking system production capacity to around a million units by 2010 from the current capacity of around 300,000 units. To serve Hyundai, the company is also planning to establish a facility with a capacity of around 500,000 shock absorbers and struts.
Established in 1997, Mando Brake Systems India is a joint venture between South Korea's Mando and the Anand Group.
Source

Source 1

Last edited by wildon : 24th February 2011 at 22:36. Reason: Source added
Old 24th February 2011, 23:17   #438
Senior - BHPian

The more pictures I see of this car, the less I find it appealing. I wonder just WHY the Koreans lose it when they design the car. Although even the new Ford Fiesta looks so Korean.
Old 27th February 2011, 12:41   #439
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

All of a sudden the thread has gone quite.

In the meantime spoke to someone I know from Trident Hyundai (Snr Mgmt. folks). They are calling it the "New Verna" and is slated for June 11 launch.

But the chap was very proud of what Hyundai has been able to accomplish with the RB11.

His claim was that the diesel is a killer and has most of the issues identified with Accent and Verna 1st Gen addressed.

I just can't wait for the specific date of launch.

Guys the thread has kind of become quiet.

Please keep the news and the pics coming.

Sid where are you :-)

Cheers
Old 27th February 2011, 12:47   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

By the way is RB the code name like W201 or so?

Or the new Verna will be called Verna RB itself ? It would be seriously nice if they have taken care of the issues we had / have with current Verna.

That much insane power is too bad for a boat ! I still remember how much I loved and adored the current Verna when I took the TD - felt my swift D is nothing in front of that.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th February 2011 at 13:02.
Old 28th February 2011, 17:59   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
By the way is RB the code name like W201 or so?

Or the new Verna will be called Verna RB itself ?
Yes, RB is the code name for New Verna internally in Hyundai. It will be badged as 'Verna' only and will replace the existing Verna. Similarly, HA is the code name for Hyundai's new 800cc Small Car. God only knows how these code names of all companies are leaked out with amazing regularity.
Old 28th February 2011, 18:36   #442
rmk
BHPian

Can anyone tell me howmuch it will cost? For those smart lines and looks, will they set a higher price tag than the current verna transform?
Old 28th February 2011, 18:40   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
The more pictures I see of this car, the less I find it appealing. I wonder just WHY the Koreans lose it when they design the car. Although even the new Ford Fiesta looks so Korean.
Some how I never saw it that way. Can you please enlighten us on the design aspects that look Korean both in verna as well as the Fiesta?
Old 2nd March 2011, 11:52   #444
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) : Now spotted testing in India

One of my friend who is an avid reader of Team-BHP found first review of new Hyundai Accent (Verna in India) launched recently in UAE quite useful so thought of sharing it with other fellow BHPians.
New Hyundai Verna/Accent (RB) UAE Launch:
First Drive: Hyundai Accent 2012 in the UAE | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]

He also wish to extend his thanks to sidindica for this wonderful thread and urged not to let go this thread in hibernation.
Cheers

Last edited by ajaynaphade : 2nd March 2011 at 12:04.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:55   #445
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Yes, RB is the code name for New Verna internally in Hyundai. It will be badged as 'Verna' only and will replace the existing Verna. Similarly, HA is the code name for Hyundai's new 800cc Small Car. God only knows how these code names of all companies are leaked out with amazing regularity.
Probably...
RB = Ride Better
HA = Hyundai's Alto

But seriously, this thread seems to have died. I guess we are all just waiting for the car to be launched soon. The thread on the New Fiesta also had the same sluggishness until "Mustang" re-entered. I hope some Hyundai Employee also jumps in and gives us interesting information.

I feel this could be a good marketing strategy.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:58   #446
BHPian

We at Aurangabad had an Auto Show and I got a chance to talk to two Hyundai Dealers at the venue. They both said the same thing about the launch. They said we have been requested not to take any more orders of the existing Verna, but we also need to sell the current stock i.e. 3 or 4 of the Transform. They said we have not got any official training or information yet, but it should be launched in April end.

Oh I forgot to mention the auto show was sponsored by Lokmat and I got a chance to see Rolls-Royce Phantom for the first time
Old 7th March 2011, 15:47   #447
Senior - BHPian

I was told that the RB for India wont come with the Diesel Monster that it is launched worldwide with - but rather the i20's 1.4 CRDi. Launch is around the corner apparently, so we will know soon.

If Hyundai is plonking a 90 BHP unit instead of the 128 BHP unit -
Old 7th March 2011, 17:53   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I was told that the RB for India wont come with the Diesel Monster that it is launched worldwide with - but rather the i20's 1.4 CRDi. Launch is around the corner apparently, so we will know soon.

If Hyundai is plonking a 90 BHP unit instead of the 128 BHP unit -
Well... this makes business sense.

Use of the same engine will bring economies of scale & thus better margins to Hyundai.

In addition, they need have headache of managing different production lines for separate engines/ powertrains.

The A.S.S. need not be trained & are more or less confident of routine servicing.

People are familiar with the engine, sort of separate shouting from the roof about the engine prowess need not be done.

But, I feel that the tuning of the engine could be better to offer good performance over the hatch.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:45   #449
Senior - BHPian

But it will be a step down from the current Verna's engine - the USP of the Verna Diesel is the engine that makes it a rocket. The 1.4 mill, even at a higher tune will not be more than 100 BHP, which will make the RB an also-ran, more so considering Hyundai's trademark of giving lifeless steerings and soft suspensions in their cars.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:13   #450
BHPian

Is it confirmed that this is the new verna?The verna transform just came sometime back and I seriuosly doubt if this would be the new verna. I would love to be proved wrong as the transform looks hideous (personal opinion)

Last edited by centaur : 8th March 2011 at 09:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks