Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 20:09   #466
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Read the 22nd march confirmation and called up the local hyundai dealer, got the same old story which I heard from them long back i.e. it will be launched in 2 months. They are still taking bookings of the current Verna. This might be different in different cities. There is also a possibility that it might get launched a few days before in some cities compared to others. There has been loads of discussion on this thread about the launch of the new verna. Someone on this thread said that its going to be launched on 28th Feb, 10 days have passed and nothing yet. I think its better to wait till they actually launch it, well of course no fun in that but still.
Old 10th March 2011, 21:28   #467

I had called up a sales assistant of Trident Hyundai(Sadashivnagar) today from whom I bought an i20 recently, he confirmed that indeed the new Verna is being launched by the end of this month. He was very sure of his words!
I have ORDERED him to call me up as soon as it is available for TD, can't wait!
Old 13th March 2011, 02:34   #468
Senior - BHPian

These are some pics taken by Autocar of the new verna in Hyundai's Chennai plant.Looks like production has started.

Interestingly as we can see there is an auto variant but with no integrated stereo or ACC

The manual has them both along with airbags too.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-09022011126.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-09022011131.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-09022011128.jpg  

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-09022011121.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by avishar : 13th March 2011 at 02:35.
Old 13th March 2011, 03:18   #469
Senior - BHPian

Avishar buddy these pix have been up on Autocar for ages and someone has already posted them on the thread a few months back !
Old 13th March 2011, 10:14   #470
Senior - BHPian

In the diesel war hell will break loose. Vento, New Verna, New Fiesta, Linea, SX4. There is a car for every person. Even GM must be thinging of replacing Magnum. Pricing of Verna is the key if it comes with the 1.4L engine. It will have to compete with Fiesta/SX4/Linea. However if it comes with the 1.6L diesel and 6speed transmission, I am sure 50% Vento buyers will cancel their booking if they find ride and handling of Verna is acceptable. Personally I feel Vento looks better than Verna. The new Verna looks good as it is fresh. May be few years down the line it will look a bit twisted.
Old 13th March 2011, 12:22   #471
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely agree with Oxyzen's analysis! Ride and handling are the key to success. I would be more than happy to pick up a Hyundai (a brand I am not particularly fond of) if they can bring in lineaesque handling and ride quality.

Good A.S.S and a good driving machine at a decent price, who wouldn't buy one!

PS: Are there any reviews available internationally?
Old 13th March 2011, 12:50   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

PS: Are there any reviews available internationally?
First Drive: Hyundai Accent 2012 in the UAE | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]
Old 13th March 2011, 13:25   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
These are some pics taken by Autocar of the new verna in Hyundai's Chennai plant.Looks like production has started.

Interestingly as we can see there is an auto variant but with no integrated stereo or ACC

The manual has them both along with airbags too.
That rear is starting to look a lot like Kizashi's rear. Overall, it's been unable to inspire me.
Old 14th March 2011, 00:19   #474
Senior - BHPian

If this review is anything to go by, Hyundai has sucessfully retained its bad handling capabilities.
Old 14th March 2011, 06:26   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
If this review is anything to go by, Hyundai has sucessfully retained its bad handling capabilities.
Lets face it, Hyundai cars will never handle as well as a Ford or Fiat or VW, atleast not for the next few years. If handling is what is required, then its the Fiesta or Linea without a second thought. But, we can surely expect the handling to be much better than the existing Verna. So, if the present car was able to succeed in India, this car would surely be a hit amongst customers.
Old 14th March 2011, 17:47   #476
BHPian

Look out for following things in the review:
1) Paragraph 4, Line 8: 'the well-built cars'
2) Paragraph 5, Line 2:
a) 'it's the space that was impressive'
b) 'it's newly-stretched wheelbase'
c) 'it really felt like a larger car, with good legroom front and back'
3) Paragraph 7
I won’t say that it's THE perfect car, a 10/10 product, but I believe it will be still better then the currently available options.

We talk about VW Vento, indeed it's a good vehicle but with many goodies missing which are expected out of a sub 10 lakh car like:
1) Missing USB, Aux ports
2) No Bluetooth
3) No audio mounted controls on the steering
4) A protruding arm-rest near driver's seat

But people are still buying it. So let's wait for @sidindica's full blown review on 'ANHV'.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:39   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
We talk about VW Vento, indeed it's a good vehicle but with many goodies missing which are expected out of a sub 10 lakh car like:
1) Missing USB, Aux ports
2) No Bluetooth
3) No audio mounted controls on the steering
4) A protruding arm-rest near driver's seat

But people are still buying it. So let's wait for @sidindica's full blown review on 'ANHV'.

This is hardly a deal breaker.
1st & 2nd points have a easy solution. Change the ICE. and for the 4th point, dont use it.
Cant wait for its review any longer. This car is even being displayed in Hyundai ads. Come on bring it on Hyundai. Quick.
Old 16th March 2011, 12:07   #478
BHPian

While I can see lots of comments on design of 'ANHV'. We forget one basic thing that i10, 'ANHV' & i45 are outcome of Hyundai's fluidic design philosophy; it's just a matter of fact that the new i10 was launched recently before 'ANHV' & i45.
Yesterday I posted a question for Mr Mashfique Hussain Chowdhury (who test drived ‘ANHV’) on drivearabia about ride & handling. He said that 'ride & handling were good enough'.
Though we may not get all the bells & whistles which are being provided for ‘ANHV’ in Korean market and may be provided in US, but I am sure about one thing that we will get most of the goodies which are not available in its competitors.
So now we are just waiting for Sid’s exclusive & impeccable report on 'ANHV'. Let's hope he makes his hand dirty on this beauty ASAP.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:48   #479
BHPian

Good morning everyone,
Yesterday I called up all the Hyundai dealers here in Pune and inquired about Verna 'Transform', yes it was deliberately done.
Immediately upon inquiring about 'Transform', all the dealers requested to wait for a face lifted Verna as it will be launched in next few weeks.

They did not disclose anything about the launch date, but I managed to get some pricing detail(mere speculation) from the executives.
I believe it will be close to what they revealed. Top end petrol 'ANHV' will be somewhere around 9 Lacs and the 'ANHV' oil burner close to 10 Lacs. IMO it's decent & competitive pricing if Hyundai sticks close to this with all the bells & whistles.

While travelling on web, I found an interesting article about 'ANHV'( Hyundai Accent in US, Solaris in Russia) so thought of sharing it with my fellow members,
following is the link:
2012 Hyundai Accent Gets Most Power, Fuel Economy in its Class [Montreal Auto Show] | AutoGuide.com News

One section which impressed me in this article was 'CONFIDENT HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS', which talks about new rigid structure Hyundai is employing in 'ANHV' ( Hyundai Accent in US, Solaris in Russia ).

Sid, please throw some light on this.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:29   #480
Senior - BHPian

The article Sid shared talks about a decent ride and handling on 175 14" tyres. An upsize should help and if the handling is good, this car deserves to be a best seller.

Nice to see them managing 122 bhp from a 1.6, wish we get the 138 bhp version! Will it be detuned thanks to Indian fuel?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed