Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:08   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

If the car is launched globally, I wonder why it is still in covers here - what is being homologized for this "under-test" avatar?
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:58   #497
Senior - BHPian

Had a quick word with my dealer - the car is not expected atleast until a month. No sales training or service training yet. The service training usually happens within two to four weeks before launch, and the sales training about a week before.
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:16   #498
xPK
BHPian

Guys! I'm really confused about how new verna will look like. In this thread I have read many times that it will look like Solaris (i10 front). But recently I bumped into 2011 Hyundai Accent: 2010 Beijing Auto Show, where the car showcased is discussed as new sonata in some other thread.

Are we sure, we aren't getting this car, but the one with i10 face?
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:49   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Guys! I'm really confused about how new verna will look like. In this thread I have read many times that it will look like Solaris (i10 front). But recently I bumped into 2011 Hyundai Accent: 2010 Beijing Auto Show, where the car showcased is discussed as new sonata in some other thread.

Are we sure, we aren't getting this car, but the one with i10 face?
You have confused two versions of the same car xPK. The new Verna/Accent has two designs - one is the hexagonal grille and the other is a Sonata-like fluidic grille. China will get the latter version whereas most other markets including Korea, USA, India will get the former version, that is with the hexagonal grille (which looks like the i10's front end).
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:41   #500
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
You have confused two versions of the same car xPK. The new Verna/Accent has two designs - one is the hexagonal grille and the other is a Sonata-like fluidic grille. China will get the latter version whereas most other markets including Korea, USA, India will get the former version, that is with the hexagonal grille (which looks like the i10's front end).
Thanks for the clarification man. but comparing these 2 designs, I would love to see the later one on indian roads.
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:48   #501
Senior - BHPian

They need to get four things right:
  • AC cooling
  • Handling and ride (both issues reported with the i20)
  • competitive price
  • turbo lag and in gear acceleration, which is bettered by multijet and tdcis.
Old 23rd March 2011, 05:20   #502
BHPian

@sidindica this question might not be correct since the verna is not launched yet. But given the current situation which car do you think has the most plus in the new verna segment. My question is only limited to the diesel cars
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:07   #503
BHPian

Just spoke to a dealer in bbay . he says they have 3 transforms in stock and no more bookings for the transform. Booking for the 2011 verna have commenced, car will be launched in april/ may( not too sure), he said " aap 50k dekar book kar wa lo, price pata nahin , par jab gaadi launch hogi pehle aap ko de sakte hai".
So guess its gonna be here soon !!
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:32   #504
BHPian

Hi Friends,
I trust all of you are well and had a colorful weekend. 24th Feb & 22nd March 2011 are days of past now and we have yet to hear about launch of 'ANHV'.
What's the next probable date? Well, many of us may come up again with some new dates after hearing either from dealers or from anywhere else but not THE DATE.
I believe even our own Sid is not aware of the same. Am I sounding like my 3 year old son who on his recent birthday bash was just waiting 'desperately' for his guests to leave so that he may unwrap his gifts. If yes, then I am. Aren't we all auto-enthusiast share the same passion & desperation?
Though I am not representing HMIL but I personally believe 'ANHV' is going to be a good product and all the issues listed by Sid will be resolved and certainly it's going to leave an indelible impression in C/C+ segment.
Lingering in past is a bad thinking so next probable date of launch : 29th March 2011
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:43   #505
BHPian

Does anyone knows if Verna RB comes with rear AC and Diesel Automatic transmission? I hope they come up with 6 speed Auto tranny instead of 4 speed.

I have seen the comments on other features like Air Bags, ABS, Alloys etc so I have taken them for granted.

If the top end Diesel Automatic is priced around 11L OTR in Bangalore, I'll buy that.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:49   #506
Senior - BHPian

I am still betting that the new Fiesta 1.6 TDCi will be a more rounded car for the driving enthusiast. Haven't driven either the RB or the Fiesta, so cannot comment but a VW VS Ford VS Hyundai war is on the horizon with the Linea and SX4 playing the value card. Only way Fiat can save the linea is (a) either drop the price or (b) phase out the 1.3D and get the 1.6 MJD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
@sidindica this question might not be correct since the verna is not launched yet. But given the current situation which car do you think has the most plus in the new verna segment. My question is only limited to the diesel cars
K..but this RB is actually based on a modified I20 platform. Current verna has a nice AC but the new Verna has to have a good AC since i20 diesel too has a below average AC, and the current verna handles like an old school 70s American car, so the RB has to get the handling sorted. Hyundai diesels are tuned for top end performance and suffer from serious turbo lag at low rpms and their in gear acceleration is not what you see in Multijet and TDCi, so this engine has to be calibrated in such a manner so that its user friendly.

Last edited by sidindica : 23rd March 2011 at 12:53.
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:02   #507
BHPian

Best Current Option

Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD + Chiptuning Race Chip [Rs 7200] = 120BHP and 271 NM = Fun fun fun !!!!!!

The Linea would probably be second only to the Fiesta in handling and second to none in the ride department. About the only damper in the Linea would be the much debated interior fit and finish department which i dont think is going to improve anytime soon, so no point crying about it.

The Linea is the only car which ticks all the boxes from comfort to safety to cr{f}eature comforts. Even if it doesnt excel in any one aspect spectacularily, it does pretty well in all. The 1.6 MJD maybe a dream for INDIA, but untill then i think the 7200 INR option looks pretty damn good to me
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:36   #508
Senior - BHPian

What I assume:
  • 1.4 petrol, manual, base
  • 1.6 petrol manual/ AT, base
  • 1.6 petrol manual/ AT, high end
  • 1.6 petrol manual, high end option pack with 6 airbags and AVN system
  • 1.6 diesel manual/ AT, base
  • 1.6 diesel manual/ AT, high end
  • 1.6 diesel manual, high end option pack with 6 airbags and AVN system
Not included the AT option in top end maybe to avoid price conflict. 7-11 lakh price bracket is what I am looking at. Obviously, its not the final trim plan but something ..like a guess.
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:20   #509
BHPian

Is Verna RB getting launched before 15th April..?

Source: New Hyundai Verna to launch before April 15, 2011 Hyundai Verna Premium expected price and features | DWS Auto India
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:46   #510
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Is Verna RB getting launched before 15th April..?
Hyundai is a Sponsor for the current Cricket World Cup. It would make sense for them to leverage this for the launch of the Verna.
Surely photos of the winning team or player of the tournament with the new car will give them more mileage than overused celebrities in expensive ad campaigns will.
If they are planning a launch soon, it should happen before the end of the WC on 2nd April.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks