Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 12:57   #781
A M
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Thanks for the info Sid. @naren_kk, Any info on the prices? Since you've booked the car, might be having some idea.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:06   #782
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
I am a bit surprised to read about Verna's handling aspect ( being bad). I had an Accent Viva Crdi for 3+years and then exchanged it for a Verna Sx(ABS with all four disc brakes). No doubts that while comparing it with Accent Crdi, in some aspects Accent felt a bit better than Verna eg Steering feedback and instant pick up and acceleration. However, had no issues in adapting to the changes in a positive way to be able to exploit verna as well fully on city ways as well highways. In terms of comfort - Verna was way ahead( imho) for driver as well as rear seat drivers. Headlight was only thing I felt that needed to be changed while Viva's hedlight in stock condition was manageable for night driving. This had perhaps something to do with the angle of the front windshield and its transparency.
Even I am not aware of this. (I have never a driven a Verna. So I don't even qualify to make a statement).
I had only heard about this. I wanted to understand, what is the basis of this point and hence the question.

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2011 at 13:07.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:22   #783
Senior - BHPian

• models below SX get 15" steel wheels with caps.
  • models-SX and above will get 16" alloys with all wheel disc brakes.
  • dual airbags should be standard in all variants. confirmed standard on 1.6 engined variants.
  • ABS equipped variants will be confirmed in due course. SX and above have them as standard atleast.

Last edited by sidindica : 18th April 2011 at 13:24.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:36   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
Thanks for the information. Can you confirm if 1.3L multijet engine as mentioned in the article actually comes in diesel one?
Multijet engines by Fiat run on diesel only, petrol ones are branded as saffire (if I am not wrong). As per the website quoted by me earlier, "The new versions to be introduced include a 1.6 Litre Multijet and a 1.3 Litre Multijet with an automatic transmission, The 1.6 Multijet sports a 1600 CC CRDI diesel engine capable of developing a maximum 105 BHP of power while 290 Nm of peak torque. A variable geometry turbine is one of the characteristics of this new variant which pushes this car into the category of the quickest sedans. The 1.3 Multijet Automatic is also special in a way that it features the company’s very popular DuaLogic transmission. The word DuaLogic describes the basic qualities of better performance and better economy that the transmission is known for delivering and it will surely affect the image of the car in the market and will probably increase its sales."
Vey uniquely the DuaLogic reads the timings of the gear shifts and adapts accordingly to deliver the best levels of performance along with impressive efficiency. We hope the new additions to do better than the existing ones and help this Italian major to gather more sales
Old 18th April 2011, 14:55   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
  • models below SX get 15" steel wheels with caps.
  • models-SX and above will get 16" alloys with all wheel disc brakes.
  • dual airbags should be standard in all variants. confirmed standard on 1.6 engined variants.
  • ABS equipped variants will be confirmed in due course. SX and above have them as standard atleast.
In an earlier post you have mentioned about 'o' variants with keyless go for petrol- will this be available with 1.6 diesel too?

Please, clarify whether SX trim will have ABS in future or already has it since launch? ABS is must for a powerful car and ABS should be at least option in base version/ trim also.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:52   #786
BHPian

Watched 'Wheelocity' & 'CnB' shows on Sunday about ‘new Verna’ so penning down some observations:

'Wheelocity':
a) The petrol 1.6 is a 'fun' to drive vehicle.
b) Excellent interiors, loads of gadget.
c) The car is adorned with chrome but no where it looks like a overdone work.
d) The 'handling' is very good.
e) 1.6 D has some turbo lag till 2000 RPM but after that it becomes alive & unleashes itself.
f) The seats of the car are very comfortable.
* Overall the presenter was very happy with 'New Verna'

'CnB':
a) The car looks good.
b) The (B)oat behavior is evident once the cruises above 120-130 Km/Hr.
Few updates from side:
1) The 'new Verna' will be available in Purple & Gray color as it was displayed in 'CnB' show, oh man , the Purple was definitely a beauty.
2) Got a call from SE on Sunday that the Car will be launched on 11th May, so now it's confirmed, but it may happen early as there was an advertisement today in TOI.
3) SE told that on road price of 1.6 top end in Pune will be somewhere b/w 9.00 & 9.50 Lacs.
4) That dealership is flooded with enquiries about 'New Verna'
5) They already took 10 bookings.

Few pence from my side:
The handling of car is very good as it is evident from many reviews, it is only at a speeds above 120-130 Km/Hr that it behaves like a boat. Tell me, my dear friends, how many times in a week or in a month we cruise our current cars above 120-130 Km/Hr. If we are with our family members, are we allowed to do so? No, then why are we so much concerned about handling @ speed above 120 Km/Hr.

I am not here to defend HMIL but let’s appreciate the efforts by HMIL and IMO I don’t think 'handling' issue above 120 Km/hr is a deal breaker for such a wonderful car.

Last but not the least, a token of thanks to @AutoIndian for sharing the spreadsheet as it’s quite useful.
I can foresee you being drifted towards this charismatic car.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:03   #787
BHPian

Quite surprising the sunroof does not seem to be an option.

Even the i10 and i20 have sunroof as options; Verna being a premium saloon one would expect to have that at least as an option, especially since the siblings have it.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:34   #788
Senior - BHPian

Reviews are up and running already

Hyundai Verna First Drive - Generation change - CarWale
Old 18th April 2011, 16:37   #789
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB)

New Verna launch on 11th May, according to ACI editor Hormazd Sorabjee.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:21   #790
Senior - BHPian

ABS will be standard on SX, SX-O and SX-O AT models, equipment will be common across the variants. Whether ABS will be standard on the rest 4 base models remains to be seen. Another thing I need to confirm is the availability of dual airbags on the 4 base models, which will be told as the days progress. What I got to know is that dual airbags should be standard on 1.6 petrol base/ 1.6 diesel base.

To summarize, the variants will be:
  • 1.4 petrol base/ 1.4 diesel base
  • 1.6 petrol base/ 1.6 diesel base
  • 1.6 petrol SX/ 1.6 diesel SX (with standard ABS and dual airbags for both engine options)
  • 1.6 petrol SX option/ 1.6 diesel SX option (with standard ABS, 6 airbags, reverse camera and keyless go)
  • 1.6 petrol SX option AT/ 1.6 diesel SX option AT (with standard ABS, 6 airbags, reverse camera and keyless go)

Last edited by sidindica : 18th April 2011 at 17:25.
Old 18th April 2011, 17:28   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post

Few pence from my side:
The handling of car is very good as it is evident from many reviews, it is only at a speeds above 120-130 Km/Hr that it behaves like a boat. Tell me, my dear friends, how many times in a week or in a month we cruise our current cars above 120-130 Km/Hr. If we are with our family members, are we allowed to do so? No, then why are we so much concerned about handling @ speed above 120 Km/Hr.

I am not here to defend HMIL but let’s appreciate the efforts by HMIL and IMO I don’t think 'handling' issue above 120 Km/hr is a deal breaker for such a wonderful car.
Tell me, how stable do you feel in a Honda City ( old or new) at the above mentioned speeds?
Old 18th April 2011, 18:03   #792
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Few pence from my side:

I thinks speeds are fine, but how about cornering at 80-100? Is that good?
How stable does one feel doing 80 and curved highways?
Old 18th April 2011, 18:06   #793
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be the case, for those looking for out and out drivers' car, choose between 2011 new fiesta or linea t jet.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:11   #794
Senior - BHPian

safety packages
  • 1.4 P/D base=no ABS/ airbags
  • 1.6 P/D base=ABS plus driver airbag
  • 1.6 P/D SX=ABS plus dual airbags plus rear discs
  • 1.6 P/D SX (O)=ABS plus 6 airbags plus rear discs
  • 1.6 P/D SX (O) AT=ABS plus 6 airbags plus rear discs
  • all models will get USB/Aux-in stereo
  • bluetooth in all 1.6 variants
  • reverse camera and electrochromic mirror in SX/ SX-O models
  • parktronic and ACC in all 1.6 engined variants
  • electronic foldable mirror in 1.6 SX/ SX-O variants
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2011, 19:15   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whatever be the case, for those looking for out and out drivers' car, choose between 2011 new fiesta or linea t jet.
Thats a HUGE statement.

Quote:
safety packages
  • 1.4 P/D base=no ABS/ airbags
  • 1.6 P/D base=ABS plus driver airbag
  • 1.6 P/D SX=ABS plus dual airbags plus rear discs
  • 1.6 P/D SX (O)=ABS plus 6 airbags plus rear discs
  • 1.6 P/D SX (O) AT=ABS plus 6 airbags plus rear discs
  • all models will get USB/Aux-in stereo
  • bluetooth in all 1.6 variants
  • reverse camera and electrochromic mirror in SX/ SX-O models
  • parktronic and ACC in all 1.6 engined variants
  • electronic foldable mirror in 1.6 SX/ SX-O variants
Verna RB seems to be great on equipment list. It looks like it might taste some success. Pricing is the biggest factor, as always.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed