Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 23:49   #811
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Does this mean 4 A/T variants in petrol and diesel each? I am confused. I remember you mentioned earlier that A/T is only in SX-O.
Nop. That means the A/T will be a 4 speed one . There will be only one variant with A/T as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
petrols= 5 M/T, 4 A/T; diesels=6 M/T, 4 A/T
This would translate as petrols will have a 5 speed M/T and 4 speed A/T and Diesel will have a 6 speed M/T and a 4 speed M/T

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th April 2011 at 23:51.
Old 19th April 2011, 00:37   #812
BHPian

[quote=krish82;2318459]
2. A segment higher may be giving you some more features than the lower segment top end model.

I don't think the base version of any car in the segment above the Swift dezire can match the features offered by the Zxi version! (alloys, ACC, steering mounted controls, ABS, airbags..!)
Others points in your reply are true though
Old 19th April 2011, 10:23   #813
BHPian

@jkdas, I have not extensively driven Honda city old or new but yes, I have test driven it @normal speed so to be honest cannot comment how does it feel at higher speeds. But I believe, few have actually answered your query.
Let’s be honest critique rather than ONLY criticizing the car. My only worry at this point of time is the pricing, and I just hope, HMIL does not go Honda way. The game has just begun and right pricing will take HMIL few steps further to the glory.
The pricing which I speculated yesterday as per SE was about 1.6 top end model i.e. SX and not SX (O) which stands out to be an optional and trust me SX(O) cannot be priced @9.5 Lacs (OTR-Pune).

Questions for sid:
1) Start/stop button feature will be a part of SX or SX(O)?
2) Today is 19th April, so when we expect T-BHP review ?
Old 19th April 2011, 10:26   #814
aby
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for correcting the prices. I am still not sure whether this would pull guys from a segment lower. People who have opted for the ZDi or Aura versions would want a high end fully loaded vehicle with all safety features. But then whats the base variant of Verna got to offer to such a crowd? Slightly better engine ? For a person like me, I would rather go with a fully loaded variant than having a car "just for the sake" one segment higher. Thinking purely from my perspective. Having said that, I might have still had a look at this car provided they gave atleast ABS in the base version.

Edit: Slight confusion for me. I dont think i20 has a diesel Auto in the first place ! So you were pointing at the i20 Petrol auto ? And looks like we had a previous post from some one mentioning that the Verna might be priced from 8.5L - 9.5L ex Showroom.
Sorry, I think I posted a totally confusing post. What I mean was an SX Version of 1.4L Verna which would have all the convenience/safety features of a ZXI/Elan trim of DZire/Manza.

Lets take the Petrol version for a like to like comparison and also since data for a similar engine car is available.

DZire ZXI/ Manza Elan costs about 7.6-7.7 OTR in Bangalore. This car has all the safety and convenience goodies. Hyundai is launching 1.4 base Verna without the goodies. People who prioritize safety and are in a budget surely will give this car a miss.

Had they launched an SX Version of the 1.4L engine and priced it around 8.5L OTR, I am sure it will pull a lot of buyers of DZire ZXI/Manza Elan variants. SX version has all those additional safety/convenience features, plus for about 80k you are getting a better looking car as well as better engine.

Pricing the car at 8.5L is very much possible as i20 1.4L auto is selling for around 9.1L. In addition to the features of the ZXI/Elan, this has 6 airbags and an auto tranny. Which tells me that a 1.4L Verna SX (which would have similar list of convenience/safety features as a ZXI/Elan) is possible at 8.5L.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:55   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
transmission options from my STM (secret tweeting machine)

LOL ! That sounds like a new breed of Tweety.

BTW, when can we expect a T-BHP review ?

I am just anxiously waiting for an aam-aadmi road test review for ANHV (and of course the NFS). Interesting to watch out the Sunny too, which is also on the corner.
Old 19th April 2011, 11:09   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I can't help but think Hyundai have timed this to perfection. With Vento already going one up on AHNC (cheaper at the same/similar equipment level) this has helped them equip the new Accent (sorry Verna ) to the T. One hopes that the pricing is also reasonable- I don't see people shelling out significantly more than a VW for a Hyundai, frankly.

Seems like ANHV has generated more interest than VW Vento(prior to its launch). A lil scoop here and a lil there is all that has been done by Hyundai. Moreover, with many people liking the new design, I m wondering if delivery shoots up by weeks if not months.

A friend of mine who is not much into cars remarked few days ago. "Seems like Hyundai is bringing foreign type cars to India. Let me know once its launched. Btw, whats the name of the car?"

I realized a bit later but then I dint know whether to tell i45 or ANHV
Old 19th April 2011, 11:13   #817
BHPian

Today's Hindu carries an ad with the picture of the New Verna (RB), without disclosing what it is, but suggesting to contact the dealers for booking!! (Sorry could'nt get the pic here). So, looks like the launch is this week!
Old 19th April 2011, 11:26   #818
R17
BHPian

If Hyundai does indeed offer the speculated trims, then all credit to them. Not only will they beat Ford at its own game of offering a lot of kit at (hopefully) reasonable prices, but they ll also kickstart a new trend of bringing 6 airbags to this class of cars. And thats a trendsetting feature, something which hasnt been offered by anyone before - not the ANHC, Vento, Fiesta, Dzire or even the Cruze for that matter.

I'd love to see the Fiesta match them on this front, followed by the Chevy Sonic doing the same. That ll be a happy and an important development for Indian consumers.

Last edited by R17 : 19th April 2011 at 11:31. Reason: factual
Old 19th April 2011, 11:59   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica
safety packages
  • 1.4 P/D base=no ABS/ airbags
  • 1.6 P/D base=ABS plus driver airbag
  • 1.6 P/D SX=ABS plus dual airbags plus rear discs
  • 1.6 P/D SX (O)=ABS plus 6 airbags plus rear discs
  • 1.6 P/D SX (O) AT=ABS plus 6 airbags plus rear discs
  • all models will get USB/Aux-in stereo
  • bluetooth in all 1.6 variants
  • reverse camera and electrochromic mirror in SX/ SX-O models
  • parktronic and ACC in all 1.6 engined variants
  • electronic foldable mirror in 1.6 SX/ SX-O variants
Sid - can you please confirm if the AT comes in only SX-O variant and not in SX or base model. For keyless entry, 6 airbags and leather interiors the price difference will be atleast 60K. I just want AT with basic safety features and without leather.
Old 19th April 2011, 12:05   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 4 speed for the diesel top end is disappointing. I think is will sap all the power of that engine. The good performance diesel auto slot looks to remain empty even after the launch of this car.
Old 19th April 2011, 14:39   #821
BHPian

Today afternoon the sales person from the local dealership has confirmed all the features that 'Sid' had disclosed yesterday. Dealers have received a CD for introduction and training of their staff on AHNV.
ESP, Xenon lights, front parking sensors, headlight washing nozzles and Sunroof ( dual zone ac & 6 speed DSG for AT trim) perhaps are the only features not available on Verna as compared to most feature rich car available at twice its price.

Combination of leather seats, 16" alloys ( including spare also in alloy - wonderful if true) & keyless go, bluetooth pairing for phones and controls on steering , rear discs, ABS- are reasonably good features to make SX(O) attractive enough but I guess it would be at least 70K or more higher than SX.

Some more details should be available on the type of music system and no of speakers ( which may vary on trims). Sid may please, update.

Hope Hyundai would offer extended warranty period for it ( 2+3 years) as on other Hyundai cars.

Dealers have no info on likely prices and color options as yet. Should be prepared for a month long waiting period considering advanced booking that dealers had started accepting some days back.
Old 19th April 2011, 18:48   #822
BHPian

I think Hyundai is getting all aggressive with marketing of the New Verna. News paper and TV ads nearly 20 days before the launch. Teaser site to evoke curiosity and all. This is the first Hyundai car in India to sport full Fluidic Scultpture Design and Hyundai needs a huge success in this segment badly after the 'not so favorable' sales of the previous Verna.
Old 19th April 2011, 19:20   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
The 4 speed for the diesel top end is disappointing. I think is will sap all the power of that engine. The good performance diesel auto slot looks to remain empty even after the launch of this car.
I thought the same too. A 5 speed DSG gearbox would have worked wonders for the Verna which would have been worthwhile bragging for! But sadly people looking for a nice automatic on this side of the Skoda Laura still have no luck!
Old 19th April 2011, 22:21   #824
Senior - BHPian

automatic=only in SX-O and keyless go with push button engine start stop=only in SX-O.
Old 19th April 2011, 22:59   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
automatic=only in SX-O and keyless go with push button engine start stop=only in SX-O.
Thats unfortunate. Price of SX-O + AT would probably go well into the next segment pricing and it is difficult to justify spending so much when the AT is a basic 4 speed transmission without even paddle shifts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks