Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:57   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

I had registered on both Ford India and Hyundai Motors India sites showing interest in Fiesta and Verna.

I got a call from Ford India first and it was in few minutes and the guy speaking from the other side was very knowledgeable and polite. He knew everything he was saying and most importantly the call was from Ford Chennai HQ.

I got a call from Hyundai Motors after about 3 days. The call was from a call center (outsourced!) and the call center executive spoke like a recorded voice message from a machine. Had no idea about the car, nor its name, nothing. Worst is he did not even know the Hyundai dealer I was talking about in Pune.

I just hope Hyundai delivers a great car so all these issues can be forgotten for good.

Common Hyundai, show us the car now.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:39   #887
Distinguished - BHPian

It is really impossible to tell a good handler from a bad handler looking just at the pictures. I see no point in speculating until proper drive reports by reliable sources is released.

Even finest handlers like the BMW 3 series may look like a bad handler in some pics. Handling has so many aspects every reviewer has different preferences and criteria for judging. A safe handler may not be a exciting handler, some may find the excessive roll exciting but others may find it scary. What is acceptable to one may be lacking for the other. All this cannot be judged just by looking at the pictures.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:47   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I think grey would have been the one among the two shades of silver, the other could be blue or the even more likely color - Gold?
yes, indeed its some fancy biege - similar to earlier real earth (golden) color.
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:08   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
It is really impossible to tell a good handler from a bad handler looking just at the pictures. I see no point in speculating until proper drive reports by reliable sources is released.

Even finest handlers like the BMW 3 series may look like a bad handler in some pics. Handling has so many aspects every reviewer has different preferences and criteria for judging. A safe handler may not be a exciting handler, some may find the excessive roll exciting but others may find it scary. What is acceptable to one may be lacking for the other. All this cannot be judged just by looking at the pictures.
I have seen pictures of BMWs in magazine which have made me wonder if BMWs actually are good handlers like the article says! Lets wait for the review patiently guys. We all know that handling is not going to be the buying factor of the Verna. But its not going to be a deal breaker too.

Last edited by 333 : 22nd April 2011 at 11:09. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:12   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I had registered on both Ford India and Hyundai Motors India sites showing interest in Fiesta and Verna.

I got a call from Ford India first and it was in few minutes and the guy speaking from the other side was very knowledgeable and polite. He knew everything he was saying and most importantly the call was from Ford Chennai HQ.

I got a call from Hyundai Motors after about 3 days. The call was from a call center (outsourced!) and the call center executive spoke like a recorded voice message from a machine. Had no idea about the car, nor its name, nothing. Worst is he did not even know the Hyundai dealer I was talking about in Pune.

I just hope Hyundai delivers a great car so all these issues can be forgotten for good.

Common Hyundai, show us the car now.
Similar experience for me as well. Got a call from Hyundai Motors in morning, she didn't have a clue about the launch date or any other info. The only info she had was the car is designed in the Fluidic way ... . I told her i know all that , so she passed on my info to Advaith Hyundai . The dealer called me a while back, as per their understanding the car is going to be luanched in Bangalore on May 13th.
Old 22nd April 2011, 20:27   #891
BHPian

Registered on the Website, Received a call after 72 hours (Too Long a TAT considering the pace at which this segment is going to change in the weeks to come) and Guess what, the Guy asks Me "Sir, what do you want to know about the All New Design". I asked him about the Launch, Bookings etc. He knew absolutely nothing.

Hyundai seems to have a winner as a product, however most definitely needs to move fast and sharp to out do competition.
Old 22nd April 2011, 21:54   #892
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Sanjay Hyundai yesterday afternoon. Booking has started.
I asked for a test drive. She said it will be available after around 10 days. Pricing info is also unavailable at the moment.
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:41   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I asked for a test drive. She said it will be available after around 10 days. Pricing info is also unavailable at the moment.
I wonder why manufacturers want us to book a car without driving it or without even knowing about the variants or pricing or the consolidated features across the variants! Its a new trend followed by all manufacturers these days
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:11   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I had called them on the 19th, the guy i spoke to didn't want to divulge any info about the car, ( i had to keep proding him with stuff regarding launch and variants - got from this thread of course!), but when i told him i was interested in booking the 1.6 diesel automatic, he immediately asked me when he should send the person over to collect the booking amount cheque of Rs.75,000!

I told him to call me back when there was a car in the showroom for the test drive.

Regarding pricing he did say that the top end 1.6 diesel auto would touch 12 lacs ex showroom pune.
Old 23rd April 2011, 07:39   #895
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from a courier company telling I have a courier from Hyundai - It was addressed to a different branch of my office, gave them the right address. Not sure what it is, I will get to see it only Monday (long weekend). Am guessing it is an invite for a launch event or something...
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:42   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I got a call from a courier company telling I have a courier from Hyundai - It was addressed to a different branch of my office, gave them the right address. Not sure what it is, I will get to see it only Monday (long weekend). Am guessing it is an invite for a launch event or something...
Wow that interesting.

I had also registered in the website. I had received a call from them yesterday. Like someone said earlier, it was very clear somone was just reading thro the script for the so called enquiry.

Its a pity that someone is made to call without having any info on the car specs or its price. He mentioned that he will inform to the nearest dealer who will contact me when the car is ready for test drive.

But no one spoke about any gifts at all.
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:20   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I had also registered in the website.
What site is it? I didn't register anywhere...
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:55   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
What site is it? I didn't register anywhere...
Hyundai started this website
http://www.newthinkingcomesalive.com/

Where one can register for a test drive and any info required about the car.

One needs to fill in his details for the test drive and Hyundai people wil call you. Just like how they did to me.

I was assuming you had registered and thats why you got the gift... If not, did you directly approach the dealer for test drive / enquiry?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd April 2011 at 18:07. Reason: link wasnt woking. changed to right one.
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:55   #899
BHPian

I got a call from a friend who owns a Hyundai Showroom. He said he can deliver the first car around the 10th of May and arrange a testdrive about 1-2 days prior to that. He says that the top model comes with all the bells and whistles.
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:16   #900
BHPian

Guys being a owner of verna vgt,thought 1st thing i did was change the tyres, now i have 16 inc 205 tyre.driven the car very much,love the engine and easy drive nature of the car,Handled the car quiet well and high speeds,lot of out of bombay drives,so iam sure the new one will handle much better than previous one.i definately replacing my verna with the new verna 2011,just confused between 16.d auto or manuel, and color, now i have red verna, guys please suggest,if 1.6d came with 5 speed or 6 speed auto then would have gone for it surely
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks