Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 23:16   #946
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Two things I find risky in the front design:

1. Would the logo integrated into bumper not increase the repair bill for bumper?
2. The way the otherwise rounded corners have the protrusion above the fog lamp. It is bound to get scratched in tight cornering around our infinitesimally narrow lanes.
Old 26th April 2011, 23:37   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Badge value it is. German vs Korean. No competition.

I did not like the interior design of Vento. Its a bit mundane. Don't even like the one in verna that much as well. But it is the fiesta's interior design that is amazing. To be true other than performance and handling I have no other requirements. No need of huge equipment lists. Just basic safety features like ABS, Airbags will do. A brand image is good to have and a lower price is welcome.

if Polo came with the 1.6 Diesel I would not have looked anywhere else.
Thats cool bro! The Vento, (when compared to ANHC, which I drive) has a steering that doesn't weigh up much as speeds rise. Verna was never known for its handling and from initial impressions doesn't seem to have improved much too. But 6 airbags is something that even the segment above doesn't offer at the moment!
But I guess you can actually go in for the Fiesta Petrol as it gets you power, "Handling", the Interiors that you like and the new Fiesta also comes with ABS and 2 airbags as standard. American vs Korean might be in this favor too. But its just my view looking at what you actually seek from a car
Old 27th April 2011, 00:22   #948
BHPian

Sidindica, we are waiting for some concrete info to be infused into this thread. Also, we are still waiting for the BHP review which was to be uploaded by last week. Waiting with complete curiosity for it to be uploaded anytime now, its already mid-this week
Old 27th April 2011, 08:18   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Silver , as informed to me - is in two shades and in your list color red is missing - so could you please, re-check. Now lets see which dealer has better information ( unless you have some insider information , which of course should be correct).
- There will be no red for Verna (RB)
- Only one silver will be there and that is not the blue one as comes in i10 (Ice Silver)
Old 27th April 2011, 09:15   #950
BANNED

Here is new website for upcoming Verna

New Thinking Comes Alive
Old 27th April 2011, 11:02   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
@shatrughna, same story here (Wi-Fi, she likes Carbon Gray very much) .
Well here are few pictures of ice-blue ‘ANHV’.
Regarding auto shows on television, somehow I have lost interest as well as faith in these shows. Sometimes these shows are too biased.

I just have blind faith in Team-BHP reviews so I am just waiting to get it published.
This blue surely looks 'cool'- ( this is what I heard over phone) when I sent the pic via email and .

I am too eagerly waiting for review on the TBHP - last long weekend- was glued for some update and then thought at least on Monday, we will get some dope. But alas , its Wednesday and dealership person is irritating me with his teaser based knowledge but then yeah - something is better than nothing.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:24   #952
BHPian

Almost all the reviews other then Team-BHP are out and are mixed ones and few are completely biased or discouraging to such an extent that presenter of ACI said that so called new generation 'Gamma' engines are not at all refined as compared to its competitors.
My head was spinning after hearing this and honestly I cannot buy this.

Apology for going off-topic.
Is the engine provided by VW for Vento a refined one? I don’t think so, it's a normal one, 1.6 Lt churning out 105 BHP. They could have easily given 'TSI' engines for Vento but they did not. How much we can buy for two words, 'German Engineering', anyways.

'ANHV' is not a sports car, it's meant for day-to-day commuting and it's packaged well in terms of exterior styling and equipment list. Pricing will be the key, they price it well, they will hit the 'Bulls eye'.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:41   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They could have easily given 'TSI' engines for Vento but they did not. How much we can buy for two words, 'German Engineering', anyways.
I personally think that they should have launched it with the 1.2 TSI engine and kept the prices higher by around 50k. That would have surely more than compensated for the higher cost of manufacturing the high tech engine. I think by not doing so, VW has left a slight weakness in the Vento's armour: Petrol engine which is okaish. They could have gone for the kill with the 1.2 TSI. It would have also made POLO 1.2 TSI a true driver's delight.

Quote:
They could have easily given 'TSI' engines for Vento but they did not. How much we can buy for two words, 'German Engineering', anyways.
I think Brand equity is where VW scores over Hyundai big time. The higher you go up the ladder, the more important brand value becomes. The people down south love Hyundais and Fords for the value that they provide (with a poor brand image), but up north IMAGE is very important.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:45   #954
Senior - BHPian

I just received a call from a Hyundai dealer in Pune. The Hyundai person said that he will bring the new Verna to my house on 9th or 10th May for a test drive. Shocking but thats what he said. I obviously accepted the offer with all the pleasure.

But I am not too sure whether this will happen, I mean on the 9th or 10th of May. Lets see...
Old 27th April 2011, 12:51   #955
BHPian

Great news. Keep us posted. 10th May is official launch expected so lets hope he at least brings it to you for a test drive on 9th May. Suggest please, chase him from 7th itself so that it acts as a reminder. Pls block your calender. It may be that you happen to give us first hand information , the first on TBHP. And I see that Pune isnt too far from Navi Mumbai alas its Monday, Tuesday they are talking about. Wish it was a Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I just received a call from a Hyundai dealer in Pune. The Hyundai person said that he will bring the new Verna to my house on 9th or 10th May for a test drive. Shocking but thats what he said. I obviously accepted the offer with all the pleasure.

But I am not too sure whether this will happen, I mean on the 9th or 10th of May. Lets see...

Last edited by shatrughna : 27th April 2011 at 12:57.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:22   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Me too received a call from the local Hyundai dealer (Kundan Hyundai). The Sales Exec (SE) confirmed the launch date as 11th May. The conversation with him was as follows:

SE: Sir which variant are you interested in Petrol or Diesel
Me: Diesel & then petrol
SE: SIr the top end diesel has all the latest features, ACC, Auto folding mirrors bla, bla, bla
Me: Ohh, good
SE: Sir when are you booking the car, initial booking amount is INR 75K
Me: When are you providing me the TD?
SE: Sir TD cars will be available only after 11th May.
Me: I can think of booking the car only after 11th May, that too if I am convinced with the TD.
SE: Sure Sir, will inform you when the TD car will be available, Thank you

He noted down my residential address & said that he will be in touch with me.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:29   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Great news. Keep us posted. 10th May is official launch expected so lets hope he at least brings it to you for a test drive on 9th May. Suggest please, chase him from 7th itself so that it acts as a reminder. Pls block your calender. It may be that you happen to give us first hand information , the first on TBHP. And I see that Pune isnt too far from Navi Mumbai alas its Monday, Tuesday they are talking about. Wish it was a Sunday.

The official Verna launch is on 11th May' 11 (Delhi). Other major cities will be covered after that.
phoenix_rising is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 14:06   #958
BHPian

@ajay_satpute, lucky you , please count me in for the first test drive.

But, I was just wondering how can the dealers offer a test drive before the launch which is supposed to be on 11th May, even if they get few (2-3) vehicles, may be just for display purpose.

Just got a SMS from Sanjay Hyundai, launch is on 10th May 2011, delivery period will be 3-4 weeks.
ajaynaphade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 15:38   #959
BHPian

There's another website called autos.maxabout which is listing the expected prices as follows:

Expected Price of New Hyundai Verna
- New Hyundai Verna 1.4 petrol base - Rs. 7,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.4 diesel base - Rs. 8,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol base - Rs. 7,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel base - Rs. 8,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX - Rs. 8,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX - Rs. 9,00,000

- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX option - Rs. 8,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX option - Rs. 9,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX Automatic - Rs. 9,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX Automatic - Rs. 10,00,000
It is expected that Hyundai is going to price the new 2011 Verna very competitively in the region of 7-10 lakh rupees

Expected Shades of New Hyundai Verna
New Hyundai Verna is exepcted to ve available in following shades:
- Crystal White, Stone Black, Sleek Silver
- Blushing Red, Deep Ocean Blue, Champagne Gold

Main Features of New Hyundai Verna
The top model new Hyundai Verna will be fully loaded with folowing features:
- Body coloured bumpers, door handles and outside rear view mirrors.
- Body coloured waist line moulding with chrome inserts.
- Alloy Wheels, Rear Defogger, Chrome finished exhausts.
- Blue LED interior illumination, Dash integrated music system.
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob.
- Power windows, Power steering and Remote central locking.
- Automatic climate control system, 2 Airbags, ABS with EBD.
- Drive and rear seat armrest, front fog lamps.
- Engine start/stop push button system

Review is also available, though all aspects covered here have been covered before. Here is the link

Hyundai 2011 New Verna 1.4 Petrol, Review, Price, Hyundai Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants
Old 27th April 2011, 16:42   #960
BHPian

I saw the new Verna teaser advertisement for the first time today during the ongoing IPL match( Pune vs Chennai). They ad just shows the headlights, the side profile with lower half darkened- bascially showing their fluid design. Now will have to wait till 11th may.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks