Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 18:43   #961
BHPian

Re: 2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
There's another website called autos.maxabout which is listing the expected prices as follows:

Expected Price of New Hyundai Verna

- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX - Rs. 8,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX - Rs. 9,00,000

- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX option - Rs. 8,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX option - Rs. 9,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX Automatic - Rs. 9,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX Automatic - Rs. 10,00,000
It is expected that Hyundai is going to price the new 2011 Verna very competitively in the region of 7-10 lakh rupees
Looks incorrect. Diesel prices are lower than petrol of similar variant.
Old 27th April 2011, 18:49   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
There's another website called autos.maxabout which is listing the expected prices as follows:

Expected Price of New Hyundai Verna
- New Hyundai Verna 1.4 petrol base - Rs. 7,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.4 diesel base - Rs. 8,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol base - Rs. 7,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel base - Rs. 8,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX - Rs. 8,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX - Rs. 9,00,000

- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX option - Rs. 8,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX option - Rs. 9,50,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel SX Automatic - Rs. 9,00,000
- New Hyundai Verna 1.6 petrol SX Automatic - Rs. 10,00,000
It is expected that Hyundai is going to price the new 2011 Verna very competitively in the region of 7-10 lakh rupees
Wow thats great info! Now the petrol versions are more expensive, another segment first?
Why can't people who put that up think of even this silly point? I guess the manual top end Diesel SX-Option pack would be around 10L ex showroom.
Old 27th April 2011, 19:00   #963
BHPian

10L upper bound for top end diesel AT is too good to believe. The current Verna top end diesel AT is priced at 9.2L. For 0.8L, you'll get 0.1L bigger engine + 28nm more torque + 6 air bags + steering controls and BT audio system + 1 inch bigger alloys + stop-start switch + better styling and interiors + twin barrel exhaust + leather seats (?) and may be more. If it is indeed true, then it's certainly a Hyundai's gift to man kind (or the current Verna is over priced).
Old 27th April 2011, 19:07   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
10L upper bound for top end diesel AT is too good to believe. The current Verna top end diesel AT is priced at 9.2L. For 0.8L, you'll get 0.1L bigger engine + 28nm more torque + 6 air bags + steering controls and BT audio system + 1 inch bigger alloys + stop-start switch + better styling and interiors + twin barrel exhaust + leather seats (?) and may be more. If it is indeed true, then it's certainly a Hyundai's gift to man kind (or the current Verna is over priced).
And reversing camera with display in the rear view mirror + electronic folding mirrors + Better quality materials + discs at the rear too + 1 more inch of alloys ( as the current one has 14 inch alloys and you had added just one inch ) + wider tyres too ! Definitely 10L pricing not possible.
Old 27th April 2011, 19:31   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Wow thats great info! Now the petrol versions are more expensive, another segment first?
Why can't people who put that up think of even this silly point? I guess the manual top end Diesel SX-Option pack would be around 10L ex showroom.
I was just at the Hyundai dealer in Dwarka (New Delhi). He was a little reluctant to share pricing info. but after I informed him that my i20 booking may become a Verna booking, he shared that we should expect the base diesel at 8.75 OTR Delhi. All models come with 4 power windows and ABS including base models.
Old 27th April 2011, 20:02   #966
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this review:

The guy says the handling is good and the steering isn't so light - you feel connected to the road. Quite contrary to the other initial reviews. Waiting for the Official t-bhp review.

Also, I've got to say, the Verna looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in flesh!
anekho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 20:15   #967
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for sharing the video Anekho. Isn't it a bit strange that while one channel or Auto magazine, rates this car poorly on handling the other praises it on the very same aspect. That is why we have to take all these reviews with a pinch of salt. Now this makes the TBHP review all the more wanted. Come on GTO, "jaane kahan gaya, use dhoondo"
Old 27th April 2011, 22:25   #968
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Guys, the autos.maxabout (or whatever site) seems to be a joke.

Looking at what the current Verna Transform offers and what the New Verna would offer, i feel the price of Verna Top End diesel would be in expensive by at least 1.5 lakhs.
Old 27th April 2011, 22:39   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Looks incorrect. Diesel prices are lower than petrol of similar variant.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

Looking at what the current Verna Transform offers and what the New Verna would offer, i feel the price of Verna Top End diesel would be in expensive by at least 1.5 lakhs.
I think they interchanged the "petrol" & "diesel" from the 5 line onwards. If you see, it goes like P, then D, P then D and then D and P and so on. The funny part is all the variants are having a 50K difference - now I dont think the price difference is going to be that "uniform" ! And also some one mentioned that the base D price could be 8.75L ex showroom. And the price difference between a P & D is exact 1L ! The difference between current P & D Verna is 1,30,xxx ex showroom at least for the base versions!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th April 2011 at 22:40.
Old 27th April 2011, 23:41   #970
BHPian

Hope the indian version comes with a level backseat instead of the contoured seat below the armrest. For the average indian family the 5th person is a norm instead of a rarity.
Old 28th April 2011, 00:43   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post

Considering the kit and quality, it would definitely priced that way for sure. But because of the use of 1.4L engines for base versions, I think the cost difference would be lesser for the base-base models. But ABS now comes standard, music system too. So again pricing would increase! Come on Hyundai, stop making us wait and save us from breaking our heads, calculating the prices now
Old 28th April 2011, 05:13   #972
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
The guy says the handling is good and the steering isn't so light - you feel connected to the road. Quite contrary to the other initial reviews. Waiting for the Official t-bhp review.
I also saw that program and was in the exact same confusion. How come one guy says its planted on ghat roads, while others complain? Need to wait for own reviews before, we get a real update! When is it coming GTO?
Old 28th April 2011, 09:06   #973
BHPian

Quote:
If one notices for the base versions the pricing is right (petrol is cheaper than diesel), however, for the higher versions they have probably goofed up. But let's say if we interchange (which seems logical) the petrol and diesel version prices where they are inverse, still the pricing seems awesome.

But all said difficult to trust any source as every one is coming up with their own versions...
Old 28th April 2011, 09:17   #974
BHPian

Vernaration Guaranteed

Here is another article published yesterday. The reviewer here also mentions that the car tends to understeer but straightline stability is excellent. Given all the insights from various sources along with the technicals, its safe to say that the 2011 Verna wont be an enthusiast's delight on the handling front & the TBHP review will probably report the same.

This can easily be confirmed as the suspension set up is soft for comfort & a soft suspension will mostly not give excellent & sure footed handling. The positive though is that the car will be very comfortable with good ride quality at city speeds & soak up the bumps along with offering excellent straight line stability.

2011 Hyundai Verna (RB) Edit: Now spotted testing in India-vernaration-smartbuy.jpg
Source - Smartbuy Booklet (Business Line)

Last edited by Xehaust : 28th April 2011 at 09:22.
Xehaust is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 09:54   #975
Senior - BHPian

Very concise and crisp review there. It appears to be a car which will check all the boxes for most drivers, but may not be termed as a "driver's car".
Closed Thread

Most Viewed