Old 8th December 2005, 03:07   #46
BHPian

Maruti 800

- All Of The Above
Old 8th December 2005, 03:18   #47
BHPian

Petra 1.6
1. Dull interiors
2. Body roll leading to bad back seat ride (maybe has something to do with my driving style)
3. Thick A pillars and tall front seats impeding overall visibility
4. For a 100bhp car lack of ABS/ Airbags

Zen
1. Lack of space in the rear seats and the boot
2. Low ground clearance
Old 8th December 2005, 05:01   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice topic....Time to get Brutaly-Critically-Honest

2003 Accord -2.3 A/T
Poor FE tops the list on this car for sure.
No TSC.
Looks abit dated now.
Interiors are luxurious but very retro at the sametime...nothing really hi-fi.
And its addictive engine roar! yes yes I must admit i lovvee the sound of that hence I am addicted to pressing the accelerator right above the red line because of which my FE is even worse!

Endeavour
TURBO LAGGGGGGGGG!!!!!
Engines not powerful enough to carry the load of that beast.
TSC needed! Even tho the tyres r massive the car does tend to swivle from the rear on fast turns specially in the wet.
Interiors r too basic.

C-class
I have said enough about this car,the list is never ending. To make things simplier - PROMBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS!

NHC CVT
Lazy engine
Exterior look
Small tyres
Front/Rear visiblity low
No airbags
Old 8th December 2005, 10:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

New Honda Accord 2.4L Manual

New Honda Accord

Won't go into good stuff, as I am hoping to write a review of the car

The Bad
- Lack of MP3 support only Audio CD supported
- You can control music system from steering but there is no ON/OFF switch on stereo, would have prefered that
- Lack of onboard computer
- Lack of TCS
but both above items would have increased vechical cost. I think atleast TCS should have been optional
- When you fully close drivers side window at the very end it shift to left hand side by 5 mm, don't know if its fault with my car. Can anyone confirm this? PM me
- There is slight hint of understeer at high speed
- Unpractical boot, though boot is huge but its shallow & wider which makes it difficult to put more than 2 bags in. Where in case of my astra since boot is deep you can easily fit 4 bags inside & still have space left for handbag, laptop & stuff

Last edited by adya33 : 8th December 2005 at 10:59.
Old 8th December 2005, 11:46   #50
BHPian

Getz,
  • only one cabin light & that too in the middle.
  • poor headlights...not good for highways.
  • no boot light...how much would it cost them to have one.
  • too much grey inside.
  • slightly under powered,with AC & 4 people on board.
Otherwise,a Gem of a car.

Old 8th December 2005, 12:55   #51

1997 corrolla lx:

Small leg room in rear seats, Slow pickup, never goes over 110. Goes about 10-12 in the city with AC on and of(sorry never tried AC for more than a few minutes lol).For that kind of mileage you expect something better.

Edit:

I hear ya on the foreign part! I'm in dhaka bangladesh and people laugh at you for picking an esteem VX over a beaten up old toyota windy. Sad story: moded esteem vx beats a celcia hands down for less than half the cost at a race. The winnder gets laughed of the hood for driving "a maruti". :(

Last edited by newbie : 8th December 2005 at 13:03.
Old 8th December 2005, 13:05   #52
Team-BHP Support

@steeroid, intermittant speed setting thing is funny. On indica I have 5 different intermittant speed settings, I wonder how come DICOR does not get this right! I thought multiple intermittant speed settings was something in TATA which even premium cars did not offer.
Old 8th December 2005, 13:33   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
@steeroid, intermittant speed setting thing is funny. On indica I have 5 different intermittant speed settings, I wonder how come DICOR does not get this right! I thought multiple intermittant speed settings was something in TATA which even premium cars did not offer.
I think the Dicor shares the Indica switchgear.. the intermittent setting has a 4 way speed ring.. I found it pretty useful on long drives..
Steer, doesnt your wiper speed ring work OK?
Old 8th December 2005, 14:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
I think the Dicor shares the Indica switchgear.. the intermittent setting has a 4 way speed ring.. I found it pretty useful on long drives..
Steer, doesnt your wiper speed ring work OK?
Yes it does have intermittent wiper settings, but I didnt find the settings to my liking - the speeds are either too slow or too fast. Back in India I used to be able to find the PERFECT wiper speed for any condition on my Accent, and despite the four settings the Dicor disappoints....

Hey, maybe I'm nitpicking....but I definitely am not happy with those wipers.
Old 8th December 2005, 15:00   #55
BHPian

About the Petra 1.6 ELX:

1. Hate the placement of the rear power window controls on the central console. They are hidden behind the gear stick and are difficult to reach. Also, when the cabin is dark and you lock the rear windows, the backlighting on the buttons goes OFF! Then you are left with groping around behind the gear stick to find the buttons again.
2. The first gear is short. You are forced to switch into 2nd almost immediately.
3. 5th gear is difficult to slot into. You have to concentrate hard to get it done.
4. Dated interiors (though I am used to it now)
5. Curved dashboard surface is irritating at times. You can't keep ANYTHING on it! Not even the Almighty Ganesha!
6. Boot opener lever is temperamental. Using the lever, the boot opens properly only if it has been shut hard. And even then boot door doesnt open even halfway. It just unlocks and sits there. Then you have to pull it up manually.

Thats it for now ...

Last edited by camry93 : 8th December 2005 at 15:05.
Old 9th December 2005, 11:59   #56
BHPian

Ikon 1.6 ZXI
-Poor visibility out the rear window due to the high parcel tray
-Bad Brakes
-Power Window Switches positioning for the front driver & passenger
-Awkward positioning of the boot release just under the dc outlet and in front of the gear lever
-No height adjustable seats
-No tilt steering
-No dead pedal (no space for it at all)
-Pathetic (non existent)cup holder which is in the glove compartment and can be used like a serving tray cannot hold travel mugs/cans or bottles.
-Exterior door handles are traps for fingers if not opened carefully.

Getz GLS
-Forward side visibility partially blocked due to thick A pillar
-Reflection of the flat and black dashboard on the front windshield is annoying in bright sunlight
-Tad Underpowered
-Wheels look too skinny for the bulky body
-Very tiny glove compartment - its full with just the owners manual.
Old 9th December 2005, 12:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevada
Well Indica v2 petrol,

1. The gearshift sucks. 1st to 2nd is a pain.
3. Understeers. Rolls. Cant take the curve at bandra sealink at more than 90 whereas have taken it at 130 in an accent. Cant throw the car around corners. The esteem used to slide out and was fun. Ergo cant do hand brake turns which were simple in the esteem.
4. Seats are too high.
5. Small details have been missed out. Cant reach the lever for the turn indicators and light switches except with the tips of my fingers with hand on the steering wheel, the windscreen washer washes the windscreen of the car behind me.
6. NO REV COUNTER.

Otherwise the car is surprisingly good. Suspension is suited for indian roads.
Since I have the same car just comparing if we both think the same abt our cars.....altho mine is the refreshing blah blah V2 petrol LGi

1. Gearshift is bad. especially 5th to 4th (my sister tried it half a dozen times when she drove my car but couldnt do it) - only good thing is short stick and metal finish on knob make it feel nice
2. Wash/Wiper action - makes the screen dirtier than it was!
The water spray is less but the wiper starts quickly so you have to press down the button to spray more n more water.
3. Does have some body roll and tyre squeeling while in the ghats if you are too quick.
4. boot or the space at the back is quite small. luckily my back seats are usually empty to transport lotsa stuff when I travel.
5. 3rd gear has very poor acceleration at low rpm (must be the low torque)
6. A and C pillars are too thick 9although they make you feel safe and prolly are as well) but turning fast into a right hander makes me duck to and fro to see whats there...C pillar creates a big blind spot on left side.
7. You have no idea of the car's dimensions or front end etc from the seat as you cant see anythg....this is a problem more so for short people.
8. exhaust is quite low and does hit if there is a giant speed bump , also prone to rust quite quickly.
9. Fuel guage acts weird - inspite of filling up, it never goes to F

bevada-
from your points - I dont find teh control stalks too far away and I have a tacho as well!

But all in all I still love my car though.
Old 10th December 2005, 09:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Corsa 1.4 Gsi -
- very softly sprung lot of over steer ,tremendous body roll ..
- car also bottoms on breakers when fully packed ..
- cramped rear ..very less legroom ..
- lack of low end torque ..
- huge speedo error

Alto .8
- lack of thermostat control in the A/c..sometimes u just freeze the compressor never cuts off ..
- A/c is a major power swapper
- loose rear end

Optra 1.6 (driven only for 3 days )
- The speedo dials look cheap during the day (without illumination)
- Horn placement is ohh so bad ..one has to actually tap in the middle of the steering wheel
- A/c surprisingly not a quick chiller ..wonder if thats the same with the 1.8L
- Ride quality not as good as the Corsa
- car should come with 15 "ers to fill up the wheel arcs ...
- very cheap looking wheel caps ..
Old 12th December 2005, 12:15   #59
BHPian

Palio 1.6 GTX

= Lousy grey curved dashboard.
= Poor front visibility, even though I am 5'10"....They have changed this defect in the cars coming now with higher front seats.
= The pedals are too close for big feet.
Old 23rd December 2005, 08:07   #60
BHPian

Tata Indigo,
Dislikes
  1. Seating position, steering angle could have been lower
  2. Position of the power window switch, its down on the center console out of reach
  3. door panel fittings
  4. Steering column rattles on rough roads - reason the hydralic pipe and steering column touch ( reason by service station )
  5. Dash board design
  6. Poor quality parts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks