Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2014, 14:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Driving a car in Hyderabad with UP number...legal obligations...

Hi!

Sorry for dredging up an old thread. I will be moving to Hyderabad for one year starting April.

From what I gathered, I should be able to pay road tax for one year from date of entry, and that should suffice for driving around in AP.

Could a kind soul validate this opinion and suggest what the process and amount would be.

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th June 2014, 19:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordavenger View Post
Hi!

From what I gathered, I should be able to pay road tax for one year from date of entry, and that should suffice for driving around in AP.
Please let me know from where you got this info. I have been looking throughout to find an option to pay tax for 1year/2year/3year at Hyderabad.
All I get is we need to pay the life time tax which is a whooping 10% for a 2 yr old vehicle!!Am thinking of getting a 2nd hand scooter instead of my WB registered car for my stay in Hyderabad.
Old 13th February 2015, 16:52   #33
BHPian

As per the below facebook link of Hyderabad Traffic Police, new registration is needed only if we are going to be more than 12 months. What about Road Tax? Is it also same or different?

https://www.facebook.com/HYDTP/posts/475757935820617
Old 13th February 2015, 17:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
As per the below facebook link of Hyderabad Traffic Police, new registration is needed only if we are going to be more than 12 months. What about Road Tax? Is it also same or different?

https://www.facebook.com/HYDTP/posts/475757935820617
The below link give clear details....
1. Road Tax - within a month
2. Registration (to get new number) - 1 year

http://www.hyderabadbuzz.com/living-...relocation.asp
Old 22nd July 2015, 20:16   #35
BHPian

Hi all,

Finally have decided to bring my WB registered car to Hyderabad.
From all the info I have gathered, itseems that all the cops look for is if the road tax has been paid and they do not look for re-registration.

However there is one confusion which is still not clear is the NOC. Some sources are saying that the NOC is required to pay the tax and some are saying that NOC is not required, just pay the tax.

Please let me know if the NOC is needed as I really do not have time to run the rounds and get a NOC from Kolkata.

Also technically, if I get the NOC then the car is de-registered in WB and if am not registering it in Hyderabad for say next 2-3 years but paying the road tax only am moving around with a car thats not registered is Kolkata neither in Hyderabad.
Old 23rd July 2015, 14:10   #36
BHPian

NOC is not required to pay road tax , you would need the sales invoice of the car though

I have paid road tax and not re registered , only hassle is being stopped randomly to check if i have paid and I have to show the receipt everytime
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
NOC is not required to pay road tax , you would need the sales invoice of the car though
Which RTO did you pay the road tax in. I went to the Kondapur one today and they asked me to go to Attapur!!

I stay in Gachibowli.
Old 1st September 2015, 19:15   #38
BHPian

I used to stay in Malaysian township and I payed the tax at a RTO at kukatpally itself
Old 28th December 2016, 22:33   #39
BHPian

I have got a job in Hyderabad and will be moving there from Mumbai in February 2017.

I was thinking of buying a 2nd hand car in Mumbai and bringing it along with me to Hyderabad (since the prices are much lower here and you have more choices).

Can I drive it in Hyderabad for 12 months without being harassed by the Traffic Police ?
(without paying the lifetime tax)

As per the rules 12 months is allowed but I don't know the ground realities.

I found this article while searching on the net:

Taxing out-of-state vehicles angers HC

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...4.cms?from=mdr

Last edited by Foxbat : 28th December 2016 at 22:34.
Old 28th December 2016, 22:50   #40
BHPian

It's better to buy a second hand car in Hyderabad itself and sell it .
Old 28th December 2016, 22:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
It's better to buy a second hand car in Hyderabad itself and sell it .
I was planning to do that but there are hardly any good options if you are buying a mid size sedan.

I found only 13 Honda Accords on OLX in Hyderabad, all of them run 50k+ and priced at least 30-50% more than in Mumbai.

Did anything happen regarding this?

Andhra government plans temporary tax for outstation vehicles

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/49201903.cms
Foxbat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 23:02   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I was planning to do that but there are hardly any good options if you are buying a mid size sedan.

I found only 13 Honda Accords on OLX in Hyderabad, all of them run 50k+ and priced at least 30-50% more than in Mumbai...
The best thing is to check with the agents in Hyderabad to get clarity. If you have friends, request them to get hold of someone who knows stuff.

If you are not going to be a 'long termer' in Hyderabad, why don't you look for a small car in Hyderabad itself? The re-sale prices are always high in the southern states.
Old 28th December 2016, 23:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Can I drive it in Hyderabad for 12 months without being harassed by the Traffic Police ?
(without paying the lifetime tax)

As per the rules 12 months is allowed but I don't know the ground realities.
Since you are yet to own the car, it's best to buy one after you reach Hyderabad and settle down. The cops here are way more tolerant than Bangalore, however I was flagged down couple of times in my stay of 4.8 years of stay with my KL registered car. I managed to escape both times by saying that I am not a resident here. The second time was an RTO guy himself and not just a traffic police. But for peace of mind, I would suggest buying it at Hyderabad and not bother with storing toll receipts, PUC etc from Mumbai to prove otherwise.
Old 28th December 2016, 23:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The best thing is to check with the agents in Hyderabad to get clarity. If you have friends, request them to get hold of someone who knows stuff.

If you are not going to be a 'long termer' in Hyderabad, why don't you look for a small car in Hyderabad itself? The re-sale prices are always high in the southern states.
I checked with my friends there, earlier they were stopped occasionally but in the last one year it seems no one has been stopped.

I currently have a Zen Estilo which was bought when my salary was X, now its about 7X so I definitely think I need an upgrade !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Since you are yet to own the car, it's best to buy one after you reach Hyderabad and settle down. The cops here are way more tolerant than Bangalore, however I was flagged down couple of times in my stay of 4.8 years of stay with my KL registered car. I managed to escape both times by saying that I am not a resident here. The second time was an RTO guy himself and not just a traffic police. But for peace of mind, I would suggest buying it at Hyderabad and not bother with storing toll receipts, PUC etc from Mumbai to prove otherwise.
As mentioned earlier prices for used Sedans in Hyderabad are 30-50% more than Mumbai or else would have planned to do just that.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:46   #45
BHPian

Hyderabad is now in telangana, not andhra. Its better to go for a honda city, there are plenty available. As far as big sedans hyderabad hasnt got many unlike north, even if there are any for sale you wont find a good one, as people tend to be little stingy and use for almost 7-10 years or over 1 lakh kms. I m a hyderbadi too.

Last edited by west : 29th December 2016 at 13:49.
west is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed