Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2019, 09:25   #61
BHPian

Re: Driving a car in Hyderabad with UP number...legal obligations...

Dear All
Reviving old thread
My co-brother in Hyderabad has UP registered vehicle and paid road tax in Hyderabad. Till now the registration number is not changed. Though he applied in Hyderabad but not got a new number (Not sure why). He applied NOC in UP already.
Now due to the sudden demise of my co-brother, my sister-in-law wants to shift to Bangalore with the car. We are puzzled about the registration number. We want to use the car in Bangalore.
Is it OK to bring the car with Hyderabad road tax with UP registration and again pay for Bangalore road tax ? I believe we again need to apply NOC etc

Or it would be wise to get the new registration number at Hyderabad as road tax is already paid and then apply for NOC at Hyderabad and pay road tax/new registration number etc in Bangalore.
If anyone knows good RTO agent ay Hyderabad please help. I am in Bangalore and difficult to help her as i am not aware of good RTO agent.

Note : If I see parivahan website it shows Registration number in red along with the bracket appended (NOC ISSUED)
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Dear All
Is it OK to bring the car with Hyderabad road tax with UP registration and again pay for Bangalore road tax ? I believe we again need to apply NOC etc

Or it would be wise to get the new registration number at Hyderabad as road tax is already paid and then apply for NOC at Hyderabad and pay road tax/new registration number etc in Bangalore.
If anyone knows good RTO agent ay Hyderabad please help. I am in Bangalore and difficult to help her as i am not aware of good RTO agent.

Note : If I see parivahan website it shows Registration number in red along with the bracket appended (NOC ISSUED)
Sorry for asking again this information from this forum. Any leads would be really helpful
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for asking again this information from this forum. Any leads would be really helpful
Sharing some personal experience ..... I know someone who drove his car for 2 years in Bangalore by only paying the Road Tax and not changing the number. You do get a smart card for the same and that should be sufficient I suppose. Later he moved to MH and paid MH road tax and got a new number in MH for he decided to settle down here. The car was originally bought in some other state (neither MH nor KA).
Old 23rd April 2019, 15:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Based on a friend's experience, the car is in legal grey zone. Very similar case: Bangalore RTO had issued an NOC to Hyderabad, he had paid AP tax but hadn't got a new number. He found out that the old Bangalore registration was showing NOC issued. Car was neither here nor there!

It might be best to go back to the UP RTO/A and cancel the NOC saying NOC wasn't used. That way car gets back a valid UP registration. Once done, a NOC can be taken to Bangalore, if necessary.
Old 23rd April 2019, 15:40   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Sharing some personal experience ..... I know someone who drove his car for 2 years in Bangalore by only paying the Road Tax and not changing the number. You do get a smart card for the same and that should be sufficient I suppose. Later he moved to MH and paid MH road tax and got a new number in MH for he decided to settle down here. The car was originally bought in some other state (neither MH nor KA).
Did they applied for NOC before paying road tax. Also will authorities take road tax without getting NOC. In my opinion, NOC is required to pay road tax.
In case NOC is not issued you cannot claim road tax
Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
Based on a friend's experience, the car is in legal grey zone. Very similar case: Bangalore RTO had issued an NOC to Hyderabad, he had paid AP tax but hadn't got a new number. He found out that the old Bangalore registration was showing NOC issued. Car was neither here nor there!

It might be best to go back to the UP RTO/A and cancel the NOC saying NOC wasn't used. That way car gets back a valid UP registration. Once done, a NOC can be taken to Bangalore, if necessary.
I too thought the same. 2 problems we have
1) Now no contact at Noida left and difficult to spend and go Noida just for this. Not sure if it can be done in one day.
2) I believe we may not be able to claim AP road tax.
Old 23rd April 2019, 18:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All
My condolences to your sister and family on the unfortunate passing.

You'll have to cancel the original NOC from the UP RTA - you may have to get a NOC from the Hyderabad RTA for this, stating the car doesn't have any offences against it. Then get a new one issued from the same UP RTA to the Bangalore RTA.

You do not have to re-register the car unless you're permanently shifting to a different state, and you can also claim the road tax paid in Hyderabad because you're moving out of the state.

Let us know your experience.
Old 30th November 2020, 07:58   #67
BHPian

Hi,

reviving this post again for updated information.

I will be soon (Jan-Feb 2021) relocating to Hyderabad from Mumbai, I am in the process of acquiring a new car will get it by mid-december & would like to move the MH-02 registered car along with Delhi registered bike along with me.

Since this movement would be short-term (2-3 years) I do not intend to re-register my car & bike in Hyderabad.

Wanted to know from Hyderbad members or members who've moved to Hyderbad with outside TG state cars if the local traffic police is strict about outside state cars.

Your inputs will be of help.
Old 8th November 2023, 19:04   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping this thread again.
Could you get the NoC nullified in HYD finally? I am in same situation.
Appreciate any inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks