Team-BHP - New Audi A8 pre launch marketing teasers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Audi A8 pre launch marketing teasers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/90841-new-audi-a8-pre-launch-marketing-teasers.html)

Looks like Audi India is about to unleash the all new D4 A8 soon. A unique access code can be acquired by texting AudiA8 to 57575 and then

www.audi-a8.in

can be accessed. Full plethora of options like the MMI with hand writing recognition system, comfort access rear seat and GPS with google maps will make it into the Indian market model.

This is what I received from Audi today.

New Audi A8 pre launch marketing teasers-photo1276.jpg

New Audi A8 pre launch marketing teasers-photo1277.jpg

The previous A8 was a sales flop, and despite being a competent product, Audi's D4 A8 will find tough to compete against the XJ, S class and the 7 series. The car should have the 3.0 TFSI, 4.2 V8 FSI and 3.0 TDI engine options when it lands sometime later this year. A 4.2 TDI and 6.3 W12 may be added at a later stage.

Seems good but what about the 4.2 tdi? Or will there be no takers for a big diesel in a luxury car?

Personally I want this car to do well. Audi always makes very good all round products.

The 6.3 w12 and S8 (yea i know that one isnt coming here) are completely over the top.
With the other options i personally think they should offer a choice of 2 diesels ( 3.0 & that delicious 4.2) and 1 petrol (3.0 tfsi) to start with and the 4.2 gasoline can follow at a later time. IMO most of the buyers in this segment would prefer the diesels unless they are opting for the w12 or even better, importing the 5.2 v10 S8 :D

@ Sidindica : How did you manage all the stuff ? Did they mail you the stuff along with the brochure ?
I've registered twice. But still i'm not able to get the access code .

Car should do well. Large % of superluxury buyers are already driving the hot selling Q7 and are familiar with the brand.

I think the new A8 will surely find buyers because luxury car buyers at that range are looking for novelty these days. When is the car expected to be launched?

Got the same kit yesterday. In fact about 3 weeks back a lady claiming to be from Audio office (in Gurgaon) called me to verufy the address given by me.

When asked about the launch date, she said she did not have the date but said it would be soon. I asked whether they were looking at Diwali timing and she said, "I cannot tell that sir".

Of the teaser bits in the package, the headlights look very very mean.

In U.K., it is being rated higher than 7 series. The only negative is the poor resale value enjoyed by the outgoing model (though it may not apply to the new one). It has one of the best looking interiors, latest gadgets and fabulous diesel engines. It is also the newest model in the segment so has the latest technology also.

The only criticism is the A4 resembling front otherwise it is a fabulous vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akj53 (Post 2112966)
The only criticism is the A4 resembling front otherwise it is a fabulous vehicle.

Its something that has always kept me wondering endlessly - Is that a pro or a con ?????
On 1 hand- The A4's looks are absolutely loved and adored by a majority & yes there is no denying that they are drop-dead gorgeous (read DRLs).
On the other hand- This segment owners would want something 'exclusive' , something that looks as handsome as the A4 but at the same time ,nothing like it. They wouldnt want an 80-90 lakh car to resemble the 30-40 lakh A4 for the huge premium that they have paid.
Hard to decide whether the A4 inspired looks would be a trump card in Audi's arsenal or it would be a deal breaker for some buyers.
IMO Audi fanboys might not be too pleased but from neutral people it might evoke a mixed reaction

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2112519)
A unique access code can be acquired by texting AudiA8 to 57575 and then

www.audi-a8.in

The SMS number given is wrong and the correct on is 575758

They need to price it below the 7 & S and if they must price it at par it must be significantly better loaded, which would be hard as it both the 7 & S are fully loaded too.

Sahil: The current A8 is priced quite a bit lower than the 7 and the S (the lowest models of which are around Rs 1Cr), and I hope they do the same with the A8. If they are being sold for similar prices, I would love the A8 to come with the premium package and the ICE package with the 19 (!!!) B&O speaker package.
Waiting for the launch!

Saw this at WindingRoad.com yesterday as a list of great technology on the Audi A8 - Do we get all of this in India? Some cool tech indeed!

Are they going to launch the A8L? The car's a house-on-wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 2113168)
The SMS number given is wrong and the correct on is 575758

Sorry for going :OT

But wildon , have you received anything as yet ?
Sidindica received some cool stuff as you can see .