Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 18:18   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat says Tata, all set to launch brand stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I have different dimension to this from my point of view.

One of my friend went to M&M dealer "India Garage" in Chennai just to see the XUV5OO. He was astonished with the showroom experience there. He was received well. Given a drink. Taken to a SA who politely explained all details about XUV5OO. They offered TD (the TD vehicle was super clean). After coming back given hand issue and drink again to relax. All this happened even when the booking for the XUV is not taken at all. Why am I talking about this M&M dealer? Because this dealership is from the VST group which also is the dealer for Tata-Fiat. But, when you enter VST motors to see Fiat cars, I am damn sure that one in thousand will have good experience. The inference here is, its the guidelines and process put by the actual manufacturer which make the dealership experience better.
If that is the case, then separating the dealerships may not necessarily be a good idea. All Fiat need to do is keep up the JV but ensure that the standards are in place so that their clients are well treated, though I guess this does become difficult with the staff having two different processes. However, I do understand that each of the joint dealerships has separate people who are responsible for Fiat cars (not sure how true this is, as people have spoken about cross selling of Tata and Fiat cars) so it may be possible.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:16   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
However, I do understand that each of the joint dealerships has separate people who are responsible for Fiat cars (not sure how true this is, as people have spoken about cross selling of Tata and Fiat cars) so it may be possible.
There is a separate staff for FIAT vehicles. but its like a market. with the staff of both brands trying to pull you to their side.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:24   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
There is a separate staff for FIAT vehicles. but its like a market. with the staff of both brands trying to pull you to their side.
Somehow this has never happened in either of the Tata-Fiat showrooms - Hyson Motors Thrissur, and Concorde Kochi - that I've visited over here. The showroom experience was pretty decent; I've been offered coffee, and had a salesperson attending to me even when I was not looking my best and was hardly twenty. Quite the same as the Maruti, Hyundai and VW showrroms I've been to. The Tata-Fiat guys have also always brought home whatever vehicle we wished to test drive. But the Tata-Fiat showrooms are way more cluttered and crowded, though.

Last edited by one-77 : 20th March 2012 at 22:25.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:38   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Somehow this has never happened in either of the Tata-Fiat showrooms - Hyson Motors Thrissur, and Concorde Kochi - that I've visited over here. The showroom experience was pretty decent; I've been offered coffee, and had a salesperson attending to me even when I was not looking my best and was hardly twenty. Quite the same as the Maruti, Hyundai and VW showrroms I've been to. The Tata-Fiat guys have also always brought home whatever vehicle we wished to test drive. But the Tata-Fiat showrooms are way more cluttered and crowded, though.
My experience was different.went for a Punto test drive but the TATA staff insisted that i check out each and every TATA model before i was directed to the FIAT salesperson.
Old 21st March 2012, 10:00   #290
Senior - BHPian

One point we need to understand here is that its always a mixed experience for customers who visit the Tata-Fiat showroom. As I said in my earlier post, it is the process put up by the manufacturer will only make the showroom experience better. But, its virtually impossible to have two separate process in place for the same showroom. Having said that, I don't see a real issue if the existing dealers take the ownership of the separate Fiat showrooms. It will all depend on how Fiat is going to direct them.
Old 9th April 2012, 13:15   #291
BHPian

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in the new thread. Thanks

Some recent comment from FIAT. Dont know how feasible it is.

Commenting on the company's plans to increase the number of exclusive showrooms as it looks to increase sales in India, Kapoor said: "At present there are two exclusive showrooms, which will be ramped up to 25 in 20 locations by the end of this year."

The exclusive showrooms will be opened by only those dealers which are currently operating joint showrooms with Tata Motors, he added. "We will announce a detailed network and product strategy by the end of this month. After this year we will ramp the number of exclusive showrooms," Kapoor said, however adding that the joint outlets with Tata Motors would also remain "as these are the viable options in smaller towns"

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2012 at 21:12. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks