Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 22:38   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat says Tata, all set to launch brand stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Rather than opening showrooms, FIAT should open FIAT service center at least in 10-15 cities. It will work more for brand building in long term rather than showrooms.
I totally and 100% agree with you there...

The primary reason I wont consider a Fiat currently is Tata A.S.S.

They should set up company owned service centres which run honestly and are well stocked with parts. 75 % problem solved.
Old 7th September 2011, 08:29   #92
BHPian

This is really good news for those planning to buy a Fiat or those who plan to hold on to their Fiats. In addition to new sales outlets and maybe service outlets too, they need to bring in more products. The current lineup is just not broad enough. The other point they should think about is designing cars for India ( eg raised ground clearance ) as that will endear itself to the buyers. All in all, a lot of hard work ahead for Fiat in India. All the best!
Old 7th September 2011, 09:42   #93
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

1) This was reported almost a year back but did not happen, so we need to see happen to believe it this time round.
2) Just seperate Sales outlets would not benifit existing or even new customers. It only solves a bit of an image and competition problem that FIAT has during sales.
3) Even if new service outlets are setup by FIAT if it is by the same/ current Dealers there would be no significant gains on that account. For Eg, Wasan in mumbai Services Fiat & TATA, Ford and Toyota all together in adjacent buildings and from all report the quality of service does not differ for any of the 4 brands and is directly linked to the backup support provided by the manufacturers and their product quality (possibly best for Toyota) and service policies (possibly best for TATA among this group) in turn. (Do not the word Possibly and let that not be a point of debate, we are all entitled to our views based on our observations.)
Old 7th September 2011, 09:46   #94
BANNED

This is very good news for us Fiat buyers, Though I am satisfied with Tata dealer ABS
motors, they have separate bay for Fiat service.
I think this move is aimed at new small car to be launched soon in 2012.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:45   #95
BHPian

I think the first step would be a different point-of-sales. The after-sales and service will follow shortly. It is logical to go a step at a time rather than start everything together and make a mess of it.
Now a question remains, Will the FIAT cars still be serviced properly at TASS or they will will recieve a step-motherly treatment ?
Old 7th September 2011, 10:47   #96
BHPian

Re: FIAT to set up their own dealer network

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
For now, if something went wrong, there was TATA to blame. TATA's dealers messed up or TATA couldn't fix problems; no one really said FIAT cars have issues. With FIAT planning to fly solo now, the entire onus is on them.

All new FIAT showrooms; let's see how that goes. No news on the A.S.S. though.
So we would still be able to blame Tata A** for poor sales of Fiat cars a few months from now!

To me Fiat's initiative for their own sales network is somewhat like wearing the trouser before the underwear. All seem to agree that erratic parts availability and rather poor A** is what keeping Fiat sales down. Separating A** from Tata should have been the first move.
Old 7th September 2011, 11:21   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I totally and 100% agree with you there...

The primary reason I wont consider a Fiat currently is Tata A.S.S.

They should set up company owned service centres which run honestly and are well stocked with parts. 75 % problem solved.
I slightly disagree with you in one point, yes people at TATA Motor service centers are lagging in knowledge when it comes to critical issues with Fiat cars, but till now(in 1 year of Fiat ownership) and what I hear from my friends who have Fiat cars, stocking of parts is not an issue any more. I have seen instances if one dealer doesn't have a part, it try to arrange it from a different dealer in the city, in fact when I ordered my car with KHT, they didn't have an Exotica Red in Active model for that time, they got it from Concord.
Old 7th September 2011, 12:47   #98
BHPian

I have been owning Fiat cars for the last 4 years. I never had any issues with non-availability of spares till now. The TASS people are lazy and that's the major reason for poor quality of service.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 13:01   #99
Senior - BHPian

No offense to the countless Fiat fans here, but Fiat is a company managed by unprofessional people. Considering, when they set shop here they have gone on a power slide that's see's no stopping. Fiat is one company that after HM that may file for BIFR.

Team-BHP Support: Let's not resort to name calling. Please maintain decorum on the forum. Thanks

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th September 2011 at 13:31.
Old 7th September 2011, 13:20   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I have been owning Fiat cars for the last 4 years. I never had any issues with non-availability of spares till now. The TASS people are lazy and that's the major reason for poor quality of service.
Same here. I never faced service issues in my 6 years of FIAT ownership. Lets hope slowly the service would also separate out. Another way to tackle the service issue is to tie up with Govt/non Govt ITI type of colleges for local talent. Educate them in the factory and get them to work with the dealers. We have a huge human resource pool. Tough this is a long term process, it would sure help company as well as society.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 13:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

I strongly agree with nkg77 and neoonwheels.
I have owned Fiat and never had any service or spares issue. To be more precise, my ownership of Fiat was more pleasant than my assocation with Hyundai.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:36   #102
BANNED

I have a few friends with FiATs. What I have heard is that the cars are well put together and rugged, but the quality of service, though it has improved since Tata took it over, still leaves a lot to be desired. Spares availability is indeed a big issue.

Hopefully, when Fiat set up their own shop once again they will have learnt their lessons and do better. I still wonder whether the realise the nightmare of trying to service this vast land, with complex rules which differ in every state.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:49   #103
BHPian

Its just a start and its not enough. FIAT simply has to provide a more satisfying A** experience. The last time I had to get a new mirror for my Punto the service guy informed me that the part was not available and that an order will be placed. When I enquired at the spare parts section they said its available. I had to purchase it from there and then go find the service guy and then get him to my car to get it fixed. Now that's pathetic. I dont know if FIAT can do any better but its this attitude at the service centre that is hurting them. I love the car but I just cringe at the thought of going back to TASS. Nobody cares who is servicing the car as long as its done well and without troubling us. FIAT or TATA if they want better sales then this is one area that they must look into.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:54   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Its just a start and its not enough. FIAT simply has to provide a more satisfying A** experience. The last time I had to get a new mirror for my Punto the service guy informed me that the part was not available and that an order will be placed. When I enquired at the spare parts section they said its available. I had to purchase it from there and then go find the service guy and then get him to my car to get it fixed. Now that's pathetic. I dont know if FIAT can do any better but its this attitude at the service centre that is hurting them. I love the car but I just cringe at the thought of going back to TASS. Nobody cares who is servicing the car as long as its done well and without troubling us. FIAT or TATA if they want better sales then this is one area that they must look into.
Fiat should definitely go for their owned service centers so that they can take the praise or blame for their doings. For eg. I sent by car to Hyundai for some maintenance work and I had to wait for 5 days before that part could arrive. Disappointed thing is that they kept my car in service center saying "the part will arrive today" everyday. In this case I can simply blame Hyundai for the unprofessionalism they showed.
Old 7th September 2011, 16:07   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
No offense to the countless Fiat fans here, but Fiat is a company managed by unprofessional people. Considering, when they set shop here they have gone on a power slide that's see's no stopping. Fiat is one company that after HM that may file for BIFR.

Team-BHP Support: Let's not resort to name calling. Please maintain decorum on the forum. Thanks
Well, that;s too strong a comment about a company which is a market leader in diesel technologies and makes some of the most robust build cars available in India today .

don't want to sound like a fan boy but if you see the CSAT of FIAT owners, that;s comparable with other manufacturers if not better. I too own one and hasn;t seen any issue with spare parts availability so far. if one see the positive side, this shows that FIAT is investing heavily in india and they will slug it out with others in the market and are here to win the confidence of indian customer , which they have lost in past.

Not sure what prompted you to compare it with HM .
.sushilkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed