Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 22:49   #16
BHPian

@sidindica - great work.
I love the alloy wheels of this Tata Indigo cs Royale. the steering wheel looks awful to hold .Though exterior cosmetic upgrades have made this indigo look posh but from the photos - interiors reveal a sad story It looks the same even after 12 years(despite beige interiors and otherminor cosmetic changes).
In my opinion its better to skip this Royale variant of Tata Indigo.
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
And (wish) the steering column was adjustable for tilt.

The alloys look too aftermarket. The Indica shape still holds its class.
My sentiments exactly. As long as Tata doesn't either lower the steering wheel (so that it is not pointing at my face) or offers height adjustment on it, driving this car is going to be a pain on long drives. I know one gets used to it, but every time I drive the Indigo (outstation trips), I get a neck and shoulder ache accompanied by the shin ache from the high set pedals.

Adjusting or adjustable steering will at least ameliorate one of them.

The new CS with the amber indicators and the new grille really looks good.
Old 22nd October 2010, 23:49   #18
BANNED

humph! Tata seems to be working overtime churning out editions of already over-served car models. I like the idea of leather, but the combination is dreadful :o and no leather treatment on the doors, its hardly 'Royale'.

& its a Tata! Notice the panel gap in your Fifth picture (dash near the ignition key); they should do something seriously about this. Just dumping the market with add-ons isn't going to change the most loved 'cab-car'
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

the alloys dont go with the overall "royale" look of the car.
Old 7th November 2010, 13:01   #20
BHPian

The Royale also features external radio antenna, which is first time on the CS. Its available in Trivandrum for 612000 on road, no offers or discounts though. The new colour looks good in real than in pictures. Couldn't drive it, will do so and post soon as possible. Seems very good value for me.
Old 7th November 2010, 13:16   #21
BHPian

I personally do not like the alloys at all. As others have mentioned , the steering wheel could have been better too .
I really do not see the point of making this car . The Indigo CS is supposed to be the cheapest way to get a boot , Who will buy a fully loaded Indigo CS ?
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post
I personally do not like the alloys at all. As others have mentioned , the steering wheel could have been better too .
I really do not see the point of making this car . The Indigo CS is supposed to be the cheapest way to get a boot , Who will buy a fully loaded Indigo CS ?
I'm not a big fan of the alloys either, they look a bit aftermarket. Why didn't Tata give it the alloys from the Indigo XL Grand? Those were gorgeous. For those who don't remember, here's a pic from the recent e-CS ad that had them.

I think the ones on the XL had a hub cap covering the bolts too. They suit the car better and give it a more mature image.

AFAIK, the regular Indigo e-CS eLX is 5.8 lacs OTR sans discounts. Alloys would be about 13-15K depending on the brand, and leather seats would be a further 10-15K. Considering the unique shade and the badging, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

Is the Royale only available on the e-CS? I think I saw a regular LX TDi with similar alloys in a dark brown shade at Kulathunkal Motors a couple of weeks back. I'm assuming that it's a TDi and not CR4 because of the black grille and all-white front lamps. Maybe it's a new trim level all across and not just a limited edition?

Oh, to answer your second question, lots of people will buy it. Almost every privately owned IndigoCS I've seen is the top-end GLX/LX , because it costs just 25K more than the base model and comes with PW, CL and chrome bits. Even at an OTR price of 6.1 lacs, there is no other diesel sedan in the price range that comes so loaded.

Last edited by vivekgk : 23rd November 2010 at 21:13.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:06   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Power window switches right next to Gear nob. I really do not like the placement of these. Rest nothing to talk about this car.
Thats what even i noticed first

When is tata going to stop these stupid un-ergonomic positions

I really like the VFM factor of Indigo CS,BTW what is eCS?
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

I really like the VFM factor of Indigo CS,BTW what is eCS?
It's a bit of a trouble sometimes, till you get used to it. It's not a dealbreaker, IMO.

eCS is the BS4 version of the Indigo CS with a 1.4L CR4 diesel or a 1.2L petrol engine. The CR4 diesel engine is essentially the old 1.4L Dicor with a reworked head. There are also more features on offer, like a stereo and power mirrors on the top end version, as well as different trim and front end from the Indigo XL limo. I'd say that the plastic quality is also slightly better, but that might be just perception.
Old 24th November 2010, 11:44   #25
BHPian

Great snaps Sidindica. You have given all interior & exterior details in photos and there is no need to go showroom to view the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Power window switches right next to Gear nob. I really do not like the placement of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
It's a bit of a trouble sometimes, till you get used to it. It's not a dealbreaker, IMO.
I checked the snaps again after reading you posts. What a stupid location! If TATA is strict to place it centrally, it should be like bolero so that rear bench passenger can also asses it and no need of separate button on doors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks