Team-BHP - Scoop: Tata Indigo CS "royale" to launch soon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Tata Indigo CS "royale" to launch soon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/90928-scoop-tata-indigo-cs-royale-launch-soon.html)

Tata will soon launch a limited edition of the indigo eCS called "royale".

Price/ price premium and launch date unknown.

additional equipment over LX:

just wanted to know from where does TATA's gets Alloy wheels, as Hindalco has sold its Alloy Wheels company AURA.

its design is same as seen in Indica Vista 90.

Thanks.

Sorry to say but in my IMHO nothing royale about it except leather seats, i expected more on the lines of annevarsary editions

Could have been much better, wonder why TATA keeps doing half measures, nice, but not nice enough.

Sid why is the first picture mirrored? Just to get us curious?

The mirror adjust button in front is not very conveniently located, they have not used the 3 free blanks that they had kept for future switches in the same area.

:Frustrati Power window switches right next to Gear nob. I really do not like the placement of these. Rest nothing to talk about this car.

Hey Sid, any hopes of any engine upgrades? Or is it the same engines?

Quote:

anonymous : Power window switches right next to Gear nob. I really do not like the placement of these.
1. Helps keep things simpler & reduce costs by not having an additional control unit for the co-driver.
2. That particular unit is best paced near the gear knob.
3. The current door pads do not allow for such a big control unit to be mounted on the doors.
4. Any changes can be expected when the interiors are done a-fresh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2114884)
1. Helps keep things simpler & reduce costs by not having an additional control unit for the co-driver.
2. That particular unit is best paced near the gear knob.
3. The current door pads do not allow for such a big control unit to be mounted on the doors.
4. Any changes can be expected when the interiors are done a-fresh.

The Indigo XL has an even more weird position for the rear power window switches. It's so low that I feel more comfortable operating it with my foot. Don't know as to what it is like here, in the eCS Royale.

Good scoop, Sid as always.

But am curious, Tata is using the name "Royale" for this edition when Maruti Suzuki has introduced a new limited edition version of SX4 with the name "Royale".

OT:
  1. Tata monogram
  2. TATA
  3. IndicaCS
  4. CR4
  5. eLX
  6. BS4
Some good soul decided to leave the 'Royale' badge in the already crowded Boot:uncontrol

If only they could change the dash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vahss_11 (Post 2114762)
just wanted to know from where does TATA's gets Alloy wheels, as Hindalco has sold its Alloy Wheels company AURA.

its design is same as seen in Indica Vista 90.

Thanks.

Bang On! But I still love the design. I remember the maruti dealer showing me more or less similar design as an after market fitment just when I was about to take delivery of my car.

That steering wheel is such a turn off! Wish they had replaced this one with a 4-5 spoke decent one!

Looks like the limited edition bug has bitten Tata too!! Now, really, all you have to do is add a new colour, throw in some random features and do a sticker job, there you go, a limited edition is ready:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2115079)
That steering wheel is such a turn off! Wish they had replaced this one with a 4-5 spoke decent one!

And (wish) the steering column was adjustable for tilt.

The alloys look too aftermarket. The Indica shape still holds its class.

Wonder who the target audience is for the ROYALE. Its going to be priced the wrong side of 5 lakhs and wonder how many are going to plump for the INDIGO over other cars that rule this space