Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2010, 16:44   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope, 7% isn't enough for me to buy a potentially abused, poorly run-in, vehicle. I completely agree with RaSing: If you can go 93% of the way, walk that extra 7% and do it right. Brand new means brand new in the true sense of the word.

@ Shantanu : You know my answer. Wait for your black beast.

@ Avishar : The Maruti cars will probably head back to the factory, considering that they aren't even production ready / ARAI certified yet.
Old 24th October 2010, 17:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I had originally booked a Black LX on 13th Oct which is in Transit as of now and the On Road price was negotiated after a long work to about 8.1 L
Quote:
whereas If I go-ahead with the CWG Safari, I can negotiate till about 7.4L
For both of above the difference is about 70K, provided, you're able to negotiate at 7.4L; and again, is 7.4L exshowroom or on road price? Forget the color part now.

70K is just about 9% discount for 7.4L & you may or may not get the deal. I would simply ask one question, is 7% worth enough saving for the color you don't like & for all the waiting you've done so far?

If you're plan is to change the car in 2-3 years of time frame & go in for a new one, then you may want to consider this deal, but for a long term ownership, if I were you, would consider the one I love.

Good luck with your choice. Pls keep us posted with your choice.
Old 24th October 2010, 19:27   #18
BHPian

Well, here's the update on the story.

Firstly, all the prices mentioned above in all my posts are On -Road prices, because this is the price that I will finally pay, hence, It does not makes sense to negotiate on the Ex-showroom prices as firstly they are almost always fixed and dealer has very little say on it unless there are company discounts.

Secondly, 8.1L for the brand new Black Beast was negotiated after hard work, believe me its very tough to negotiate for the Safari, I went to 3-4 dealers and this was the best I could bring one down (I am not eligible for the Corporate Discount).

7.4L for the White CWG Safari was a non-negotiated deal, I had just enquired but did not negotiate,

I again saw the CWG cars in detail and even test drove couple of them, they are quite good and not at all abused, infact they were even serviced in these 14 Games Days by Tata Motors Service Personal (not any Dealer).

The only positive that I see from this deal is the difference which after negotiation will come around 80-85K plus I will get to choose from about 7-8 Safari's as well as I will get a ready delivery.

The only hitch in me that was preventing to sign on the dotted line was the White color and over a period of 4-5 years that I intend to keep this beast, 80K seemed a little less amount.

So, at the end, I am going along with my decision to wait for the Black beast which originally scheduled for Delivery Today has been put back by 3 more days till Wednesday citing Transit Delay.

Last edited by shantanumishra : 24th October 2010 at 19:30.
Old 24th October 2010, 19:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, here's the update on the story.

Firstly, all the prices mentioned above in all my posts are On -Road prices, because this is the price that I will finally pay, hence, It does not makes sense to negotiate on the Ex-showroom prices as firstly they are almost always fixed and dealer has very little say on it unless there are company discounts.

Secondly, 8.1L for the brand new Black Beast was negotiated after hard work, believe me its very tough to negotiate for the Safari, I went to 3-4 dealers and this was the best I could bring one down (I am not eligible for the Corporate Discount).

7.4L for the White CWG Safari was a non-negotiated deal, I had just enquired but did not negotiate,

I again saw the CWG cars in detail and even test drove couple of them, they are quite good and not at all abused, infact they were even serviced in these 14 Games Days by Tata Motors Service Personal (not any Dealer).

The only positive that I see from this deal is the difference which after negotiation will come around 80-85K plus I will get to choose from about 7-8 Safari's as well as I will get a ready delivery.

The only hitch in me that was preventing to sign on the dotted line was the White color and over a period of 4-5 years that I intend to keep this beast, 80K seemed a little less amount.

So, at the end, I am going along with my decision to wait for the Black beast which originally scheduled for Delivery Today has been put back by 3 more days till Wednesday citing Transit Delay.

Shantanu, Good choice to wait for your choice of color! To be frank you will not be able to make out how the demo cars were driven during the games days, since these have done just about 1000 odd kms. You will realise during the long term ownership as these more or less hit the FE ! Having said that the Safari's might have been much better driven as I expect these to be given to some real top officials [ Or there was no distinction like that?]. Since you are planning to keep it for 3-4 years [I guess once you take delivery and start enjoying her, you might decide to keep it further ] its good that you are waiting for black. Trust me, it will simply put a smile on your face every time you look at her and you will not even remember about the CWG deals!

Hey... Please do start a new thread and treat us with LOTS & LOTS of pics ! All the best and happy & safe motoring!
Old 25th October 2010, 01:40   #20
BHPian

These cars are totally not worth the Money unless The Discount offered is some where around 1 Lakh Rs if not more, These guys drove the cars Like Maniacs when given the chance atleast 3 of theese SAfari's had Turbo issues beacuse they were abused badly. My Advice Stay Away unless you are absolutely Sure that the Vehicle you are getting is in Top Notch Condition, Also the cars were not maintained or serviced by TATA themselves thats a bunch of Baloney from those guys the cars were taken to A TATA Authorized Workshop at a HPCL Bunk, I know all this Because All these Cars were Parked right behind My Bunk
Old 25th October 2010, 01:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I have seen many of these cars plying on road during CWG . the Indigo's were not sticker ed up . just the Temp registration plate has a CWF 000XXX no over it with a temp registration . Few Grandes & safari were sticker ed up and shouldn't;t be a cause of concern as these stickers are temp in nature . I really don't know what effect that will have on paint.
Sushil, majority of Indigo's were heavily stickered unlike Safari's and Sumo's which had minimal sticker job.
Old 25th October 2010, 08:31   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
These cars are totally not worth the Money unless The Discount offered is some where around 1 Lakh Rs if not more, These guys drove the cars Like Maniacs when given the chance atleast 3 of theese SAfari's had Turbo issues beacuse they were abused badly. My Advice Stay Away unless you are absolutely Sure that the Vehicle you are getting is in Top Notch Condition, Also the cars were not maintained or serviced by TATA themselves thats a bunch of Baloney from those guys the cars were taken to A TATA Authorized Workshop at a HPCL Bunk, I know all this Because All these Cars were Parked right behind My Bunk
+1. The last line says it all! We can never be sure of the history of the 1k Kms the cars have done.

We are in a situation where it's best adviced to pay 10/30K extra and get extended warranty (Max Possible), 3 Yrs Promised Maintenance Cost Package etc. irrespective of whether it's a Chevy or a BMW. I would strongly discourage buying a 'what could have happened in the first 1K Kms?' car at some 7% discount.

These deals are for Fleet Owners. Let them have a feast. I believe, loads of these cars will go to their hands through middlemen at much higher discounts.
Old 25th October 2010, 09:42   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
This post should put everything to rest. Even if there is a discount of 2 lakhs on these cars, I dont think its worth to buy it. I dont mind spending that additional two lakhs as a price for a new unabused car and peace of mind ! God save those who are going to save 50K by buying these cars!
Old 17th November 2010, 16:39   #24
BHPian

I picked up a brand new Black Safari LX on 28 Oct 2010,

Pls visit the below URL for my ownership thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-new-den.html

@Mods : You may close this thread if no longer required.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:35   #25
BHPian

I had a tenant who was employed by the CWG OC and one Indigo was provided to this person as office transport. The joker who was driving it drove it like hell (I saw it because he would drive it in front of me - as we were living in the same building). I saw the same driving pattern with other CWG vehicles with the drivers flooring the gas in the dedicated CWG lane. So they are not potentially abused but certainly abused. I do not know if the company will claim they had some sort of speed governor etc or that the service was done per schedule. I can only state what I witnessed. After this if some body buys then as they say in high school Business Studies class - Caveat Emptor
Old 17th November 2010, 22:20   #26
SAS
BHPian

Personally, I'd avoid these cars at these discount levels. Remember, many tata dealers disconnect their speedometers and offer the cars for delivery for test drives (I experienced this first hand on the Manza and Vista I test drove). There is absolutely no guarantee that the cars speedometer have not been disconnected and then used for the CWG and other purposes the dealers deemed fit. Also no guarantee on how the cars would have been driven. Due to the high turnaround of ferrying people, I'd think that they would have been driven around pretty harsh during run-in plus the good chance of the speedometer being disconnected. Heck, even when I bought my new car, I covered the initial 1000 kms in just 15 days, so the story of these cars doing just 1500-2500 kms seems too hard to digest for me at least..
Old 17th November 2010, 22:26   #27
BHPian

I think its a good option to go for. 70K discount is quite good, given that the vehicles were barely driven. And given that the vehicle never left the city and must probably have been driven sedately. Go for it, if you like the color.
Old 17th November 2010, 23:08   #28
BHPian

I think its a pretty good deal . Even if they were abusely driven on road for 1k kms. Or few k kms. I dont think so tata is that much of a cheap brand that everything in the car will get screwed just because of that . The engine is hard enough to take a blow for few k kms. So is the suspension . Anybody who has money and who can afford a new one should definitely go for one . But still this option is not so bad . I mean the demo cars gets treated same way . I personally own a car that was a demo car . And its been 5 years in a row. Never faced any problem no complaints so far. So many people advised not to go for demo car . But i went to buy a base model and came back with an intermediate model with same price and 5 k on the odo .
Old 18th November 2010, 13:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

I would tend to view this slightly differently and agree with car-e-ok

Few people said that the car will be abused. Few people say that the car will have turbo issues et al. Having bought a car which had issues right from day one, let me tell you that whether your car is a lemon or not is an absolute gamble. And that is why we have things like warranty.

In scenario’s like this, I would negotiate for more discount apart from try to get free services over and above given standard by the manufacturer. Any issues that might have cropped up will definitely surface soon and one get it changed under warranty as well.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:53   #30
BANNED

Get one. Who knows you may find wads of cash inside!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks