Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 18:59   #1
BHPian

CWG Cars will go on Sale

I have got some concrete info that all CWG cars supplied by Tata are up for sale now with a cool 7% discount on ex-showroom, buyer will be first owner, finance facility would be available,

The catch : All the cars have done roughly 1-1.5K kms, are White in color and all are Diesel base models,

The models available are Indigo CS, Indigo XL, Sumo Grande and Safari

My Query : Is it worthwhile to pick one up. Safari discount is coming to around 50K after this 7% discount.

I am picking up my already booked car on Sunday, so guys, please let me know soon.

P.S. - Mods, Please move this thread if wrongly created/any other thread exists on this.

Last edited by shantanumishra : 22nd October 2010 at 19:00.
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:06   #2
BANNED

Apart from the fact that the vehicles may have run 1.5 K Kms, (means 1st service due / over), what other problems may be there?

I have not seen any of these cars in action, but I guesss they may have been used for ferrying VIPs / officials, so most probably, they may be well driven.
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:19   #3
BHPian

To add up more here,

Tata Motors had setup a special stockyard in Delhi for these overall 1800 cars, and the complete maintenance and upkeep of these vehicles was done by them,

I am yet to see any of these cars personally, but these cars have been put on sale from today itself, Tata Motors would be providing all warranties,etc on these.

All the above facts are as confirmed from various dealers across Delhi,
Old 22nd October 2010, 20:51   #4
BHPian

All these cars had CWG Stickers all over them, so are they going to remove the stickers and what will it not affect the paint?
Old 22nd October 2010, 22:26   #5
BANNED

@anonymous - my guess is that stickers alone will not cause any harm to the paint work.
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

There must be some "middlemen" in the deal.
Such cars would never sell with just a 6-7% discount.
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

after 1982 asian games, the vehicles used in those games were also sold off to the general public.

i remember, i was a kid at that time, our neighbour bought one of the Rajdoot 175 for himself. it was white in colour and was painted with the logo, Appu the elephant.
Old 23rd October 2010, 00:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
All these cars had CWG Stickers all over them, so are they going to remove the stickers and what will it not affect the paint?
I have seen many of these cars plying on road during CWG . the Indigo's were not sticker ed up . just the Temp registration plate has a CWF 000XXX no over it with a temp registration . Few Grandes & safari were sticker ed up and shouldn't;t be a cause of concern as these stickers are temp in nature . I really don't know what effect that will have on paint.

Moreover guys , half of these CARS will be very less driven as many Drivers left OC commitee after 2-3 days due to Lack of basic facilities . I have seen such News in TOI delhi during CWG so ideally ,i expect these cars to have a Average ODO reading of some where around 500 -600 KM'S. One just needs to find the Right CAR there .

Good Deal IMO .. go for it .
Old 23rd October 2010, 07:59   #9
BHPian

IMO , why do want to take risk ? if u can pay 93 percent , why cant go for 100 and be tension free... dont be tempted unless the discount is more than 10-15 %
Old 23rd October 2010, 10:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Just 7% discount? I thought if you bargain hard, Tata would give that much discount anyways!! 10-15% discount will be a good deal to own Safari
Old 23rd October 2010, 10:57   #11
mxx
BHPian

yup, 7% is too less. Remember you never know how badly the cars were handled.
Try to bargain. 10-15% is a better deal, if possible.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:42   #12
BHPian

a. whatever mileage clocked, has been done brutally.I have been on the same road as these cars, 4 hours a day,so i know. considering run-in period, the driving was brutal.
b. most of them are indigo CS. white. tata already has a indigo eCS out and about. so this is essentially one-gen-older stuff. correct me.
c. how much discount does one generally get on a demo car? atleast 10% additional to normal discounts, no? how much discount does one get on an older model demo car?
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:38   #13
BHPian

Ok, Here's the rest of the story, I visited 2 Dealers in Gurgaon and both had around 7-8 White Safari LX's standing in their stockyards available for Immediate sale (they had other models as well, but as I was only interested in the Safari, hence, did not check others),

I checked all the cars, the min Odo was at 1010 KM and the max was at 2500. The condition of the exterior was excellent, I removed the sticker on one of the vehicles and there was no damage on the paint, partly because the sticker itself is of very high quality (probably same stuff as Team-BHP ones) as also the Tata paint quality is also much better now

The interior were overall in good condition but not cleaned as the vehicles had just arrived from CWG duty, There was some rough usage evident at some places like Dashboard, Steering Wheel Key Ring, etc but the dealer said that the same would be cleaned before Delivery, I am not sure how he would do that.

Now comes the Vitamin M part, Currently there is absolutely Zero Discount on the normal Safari except some miniscule Corporate Discount (max is 5K) and the normal waiting period is about 10-12 Days. I had originally booked a Black LX on 13th Oct which is in Transit as of now and the On Road price was negotiated after a long work to about 8.1 L whereas If I go-ahead with the CWG Safari, I can negotiate till about 7.4L, only Hitch being I would have to compromise on the color (It is Arctic White which is exactly not my liking).

For Anyone who is ready to take the beast in White Color, this sounds a good deal at this festive time as there is no Safari available on demand in the entire NCR region (atleast 10-12 Days of Waiting is required).

As for me, I have time till Monday to decide on this after discussing with my Family.

I am expecting some more advice over here.
Old 24th October 2010, 14:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

What ever 7% still feels low. But I am sure the deal can be sweet to someone looking to buy a car where discount will overide the few kms on the odo.
Old 24th October 2010, 14:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

On a side note didnt Maruti also provide cars during CWG?What is going to happen to those hybrid SX4s?
The electric Eeco is also a good option for a cheap people carrier.

Most Viewed