Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 23:25   #1
BHPian

Maruti Future

In outside India market. Suzuki is on revolution.they establish new slogan,they set an aggressive sale target, made and will make an exceptional,much improve quality car like Swift.

What about Maruti. they said that they will make 1,000,000 car per years here from 2010 and maintain nearly 50% marget share.

what the hell on earth they think they can do that. from the car they sale now i think in the future they couldn't compet with competitor like toyota huandai or orther.

what do you think?
Old 10th December 2005, 00:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

ah you back eh? You started the rumour about teh swift sedan and left! :lol

Suzuki would be bringing teh diesel verison of swift or so next year. The engine would be a 1.3l crd tech engine or so made in collaboration with Fiat. And seems they may bring a replacement for the esteem.
Old 10th December 2005, 00:36   #3
Max
BHPian

what the hell on earth they think they can do that. from the car they sale now i think in the future they couldn't compet with competitor like toyota huandai or orther.
>>>

they make small, cheap, FE efficient and cheap to maintain cars with great resale value. Enough for indian consumers. yes, maruti does have future.
Old 10th December 2005, 02:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

I bet they are trying hard for it. You can get big offers and discounts for all suzuki cars expect swift. And if suzuki wants to stay they better bring in newer products with better quality.

Now that this topic was brought up... If it wasnt for the Getz/Hyundai, do you think Swift would have had a below 4.5l price label?
Old 10th December 2005, 08:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it wasnt for the Getz/Hyundai, do you think Swift would have had a below 4.5l price label?
If there was no Getz in the market, Maruti would never have launched the Swift here ever. If it wasn't for the Santro or Matiz, we would never have seen the Wagon R or the Alto. We would still be paying Rs.4.5 lacs for a Zen with black bumpers forget about even basic stuff like power steering or power windows.
Coming to the topic, Maruti has a very bright future in India. They know the pulse of the people and know what the public wants. Besides they have a 15 year headstart over any other carmaker.

Quote:
In outside India market. Suzuki is on revolution.they establish new slogan,they set an aggressive sale target
In North America, Suzuki is probably the smallest car-maker. They finish last in the J.D.Power CSI survey's and their cars finish last in IQS too. I don't think they do to well in Europe either. Go to whatcar.com video test's and there is not a single video test of any suzuki car.
Old 10th December 2005, 14:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok
What about Maruti. they said that they will make 1,000,000 car per years here from 2010 and maintain nearly 50% marget share.

what do you think?
I think Maruti is very capable of churning out a million units a year in future, maybe a couple of other manufacturers in India too.

Reason? Look at the market penetration...1 million vehicles a year is not enough for a market that has a population of over a 1000 Million.

For the record they're already on their way there, selling almost 400,000 cars in 2005. If you take the sales figure of all manufacturers in India, it should be a sizeable percentage of your population.

Dont underestimate the size of this market, my friend - and we've only just BEGUN....

Last edited by Steeroid : 10th December 2005 at 14:39.
Old 10th December 2005, 14:46   #7
BHPian

Yup going by the fact that the swift has been well received into the Indian market even among the young and still has a tremendous waiting period which cannot be compared to its nearest competitor, and theres a CRDI lined up in the corner..The Futures bright for Maruti
Old 10th December 2005, 19:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Till now what i have seen in the market is No matter what features Maruti comprtitor's car's have, the one who wants to buy a Maruti car will buy Maruti only, no matter u give 1 lac discount like huyindai, or provide features and safety like Skoda or GM.. The one who wants a Maruti car will always buy a Maruti.

So there is no competition for Maruti at all...

Old 13th December 2005, 20:15   #9
BHPian

I feel Maruti has to discontinue their tiring models. Discontinue the Zen, Esteem and 800. The Zen can be replaced with the Alto spoting a 1.1 litre engine (the Alto Vxi was so much better than the Zen). Once the Swift sedan comes in the Esteem can be phased out. Replacing the 800 will be a tough task. The best option would be to offer the 800 only in non metros. The buyers in the metros can buy an Alto with today's easy finance schemes. This is just my opinion. Tell me what you think.
Old 13th December 2005, 20:46   #10
BHPian

Maurti has already declared that Alto is going to phase out 800 gradually.
Old 13th December 2005, 22:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

The alto will remain unchallenged. TATA, instead of going after that market is breaking its head with the one lakh car.
Old 13th December 2005, 22:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak
Maurti has already declared that Alto is going to phase out 800 gradually.
To me Maruti responds to the market situation pretty slowly, but they have got the biggest armoury for any manufacturer needs in their bag. "The trust of the People". Aslo there is no one in Indian market to catch up with maruti's After Sales Sevice. As long as these two factors remain on Maruti's, I feel no wonder in maruti achieving their target as well as dreams.
Old 13th December 2005, 23:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree with you regarding discontinuing the models.. But Maruti cannot discontinue zen. I agree that Alto Vxi was better than Zen. but people like zen looks.. so in my opinion they should keep Zen as it is.. Also swift sedan can replace Esteem is good..

Also they should change baleno looks.. Man if they make baleno look like accent or Optra 1.6 then they can rule that market for sure..

Phasing out 800.. Nah this will never happen for 5 - 10 more years.. Alto 800 replacing Maruti 800 will be nice but 50% of maruti sales are of M 800 so phasing M 800 out will be a tough task for maruti..

Just my little opinion with current market situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parijnan
I feel Maruti has to discontinue their tiring models. Discontinue the Zen, Esteem and 800. The Zen can be replaced with the Alto spoting a 1.1 litre engine (the Alto Vxi was so much better than the Zen). Once the Swift sedan comes in the Esteem can be phased out. Replacing the 800 will be a tough task. The best option would be to offer the 800 only in non metros. The buyers in the metros can buy an Alto with today's easy finance schemes. This is just my opinion. Tell me what you think.
Old 13th December 2005, 23:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

@mpower; i agree- perhaps tata should bring out a tuned (for F.E., of course) , bare bones indica, in the alto's price range...i would PAY, just to watch the war...

as for maruti's future, i personally think it'll be extremely difficult for them to hold on to that 50% market share. once toyota and honda get into the B or B+ segment, things will get pretty dicey for suzuki. but, there's no doubting the fact that maruti is going to play volumes. nevertheless, monopoly over any market is never sustainable over long term- especially when the players or competitors in question here include honda, toyota, hyundai, and to a certain extent, GM (mainly because of the spark and aveo hatch that's about to debut here) and ford....

@abhibh: going by the maruti sales charts from the past year or so, the base alto has managed to outsell the 800 by a not-so-small margin; in fact, for one of the months, i remember seeing the sales figures for the 800 at about 6500 units, and the alto for about 11,000...!!!

Last edited by veyron1 : 13th December 2005 at 23:45.
Old 15th December 2005, 23:58   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
I totally agree with you regarding discontinuing the models.. But Maruti cannot discontinue zen. I agree that Alto Vxi was better than Zen. but people like zen looks.. so in my opinion they should keep Zen as it is.. Also swift sedan can replace Esteem is good..
The Zen with the Jellybean looks was an icon. But I'm not too sure about this new Euro wannabe shape. I feel the Zen has lost its character after Maruti changed its looks. Comments??

Last edited by parijnan : 16th December 2005 at 00:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks