Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 16:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Great thread and its nice too see a lot of us coming up with suggestions as to who the presenters should be.

A quick question for all of us here, who will be the Indian Stig?

What will his outfit be like?
Narian Karthikeyan? Maybe Karun Chandok!

What would he look like? He'd probably wear a special fire-resistant lungi, 'kum-kum' on his helmet and you would, in all probability, find residue of 'paan' on his visor.

I won't be surprised if his choice of music would be Himesh Reshamiya during a hot-lap
Old 1st November 2010, 17:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Narian Karthikeyan? Maybe Karun Chandok!

What would he look like? He'd probably wear a special fire-resistant lungi, 'kum-kum' on his helmet and you would, in all probability, find residue of 'paan' on his visor.

I won't be surprised if his choice of music would be Himesh Reshamiya during a hot-lap

Fire resistant lungi?

Guys, please suggest a reasonably priced car .

Lets have a fantasy Topgear India here in TBhp.
Old 1st November 2010, 18:22   #18
BHPian

I really hope the Indian TG will have Navjot Siddu as one of the presenters! That would be priceless!
Old 1st November 2010, 18:22   #19
BHPian

"Some say that his real name is Basanti, and that he is the long lost twin of Rajnikanth. All we know is, he's called the Stig!"

"Some say that he can make the worlds biggest Dosa, and that he has the ability to smell corruption. All we know is, he's called the Stig!

"Some say that thinks only in Malyalam, and that he eats Chavanprash through his nose. All we know is, he's called the Stig!
Old 1st November 2010, 18:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Indian TG would be good, ensuring a knowledgeable host and no someone who would repeat the terms Delta Frame in every scene.
Old 2nd November 2010, 01:13   #21
BHPian

I am sure all the petrol heads will enjoy the Indian Top Gear, as long as it take the concepts from UK Top Gear, like the COOL WALL, reviewing performance cars, stars in reasonable price car, car news analysis etc. But it will definitely boring if some one tries to copy cat Clarkson, May or Hammond.
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

why dose we need Indian top gear?
Indian viewer & his likes-dislikes are quit different than uk or rest of the world.

the top gear is all about high-end super cars & attitudes comments of following three.
Name:  South_Park_Top_Gear_Wallpaper_by_666qqq666 Small.png
Views: 788
Size:  123.5 KB

& WHY DO THEY HATE REVA SO MUCH??

i am a fan of top gear too but things like above makes me really mad.

MODS please delete if its OT

Last edited by jeepster : 2nd November 2010 at 09:43.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:20   #23
BHPian

Well its not a good car! Look I appreciate the effort put into it and everything but from a practical standpoint, it doesnt really make a case for itself. I'm not talking about the fact that it is an electric car, thats fine.
But in truth, its built badly and it is practical for only two people. Furthermore it costs more than a M800 which is infinitely more practical and reliable.
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:38   #24
BHPian

Well it would be good if there was - would be a nice change from the overenthusiastic reviewers that are there on most shows. And it might also save us having to watch segments which amount to little more than reports of fully paid holidays for auto journalists.
Old 10th November 2010, 18:05   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Personally, I don't think that kind of humour & commenting could ever find acceptance in India. For a show to have mass appeal - and it needs to be, in order to self sustain - the presentation has to be more "general"

I think Discovery Turbo rocks for the int'l stuff. And amongst the Indian ones, the Autocar show + Times Drive are the best.
Old 19th November 2010, 21:12   #26
BHPian

Well I feel that anything that you try imitating , unless it excel the original one would be a joke . Same applies to Top gear . Its a reputation that is been built from 15 series . May be 15 years .
Having said that we need a better television show for our country .
One which is better than all the existing ones . Currently our shows are either very serious or not testing the vehicles in all angles . I have hardly heard anybody telling anything bad about a vehicle .
Wish I had some money to produce something similar .
Old 19th November 2010, 21:44   #27
BHPian

nope i dont want one, i hate the current hosts, who sound too pretentious and desperate to sound cool.
Just look at the "Best hatchback in India" video on youtube. One guy apes James May, while describing the interior colors of the car.
If i want to see a good car show, i wouldnt have any of the current reviewers host any show at all!! I would rather prefer somebody who looks natural and easy like, the guyz on Highway on my plate, now that would be fun.
Old 19th November 2010, 23:22   #28
BHPian

The idea of Indian Top Gear is just awesome.

I have two arguments for the reasonably priced car:
  1. Since it is an Indian version, the reasonably priced car should be Indian, and i can only think of TATA Indica (may be vista).
  2. For a long time, MARUTI has been the face of Indian cars. In the current generation cars, it should be SWIFT!
should we have a poll on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks