Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 07:58   #76
BHPian

Quick query

@ GTO, great thread as always

One quick query, any break up for the "Other Jeeps" under Mahindra?
Old 3rd November 2010, 08:50   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
how can Yeti sell 102 units when the car is yet to be launched?
These are primary sales figures .(From company to dealers)
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:38   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

HM added to the opening post:

Quote:
Hindustan
Ambassador : 607
The ol' lady can still pick up her skirt and run! The Ambassador actually outsells the Aveo & Ikon, both of which are similarly priced

Audi stats added to the opening post:

Quote:
Audi
TT : 0
A4: 128
Q5: 57
A6 : 102
Q7: 67
A8 : 0
R8 : 3

Last edited by GTO : 3rd November 2010 at 09:45.
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Good nos. for A6 . 42 units jump M-O-M . 3 more R8's joining the supercar club
Old 3rd November 2010, 11:19   #80
BHPian

Bet to see a good turn around in S Class and 7 Series' turf once new A8 is launched. Read the reviews in OD and Autocar and it's promising to say the least.
Old 3rd November 2010, 13:38   #81
BHPian

It will be interesting to see the split of Alto K10 to the Alto NA. Why I'm saying this is that we get Figo Petrol, which is bigger than Swift in every aspect, for a price between Alto K10 and Estilo /WagonR. My brother was keen to buy an Alto or Spark and I ended up advising to go for Figo.
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:24   #82
Senior - BHPian

GTO, How come no data for Mercs, Bmws and the Super cars!!
Old 3rd November 2010, 14:32   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
GTO, How come no data for Mercs, Bmws and the Super cars!!
The Germans are always the last to release data, Scooby. Expect luxury stats anytime between the 4th - 10th of each month.
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:06   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Ambassador numbers are phenomenal to say the least. However, i dont see a lot of new ones on the road.

Is it safe to assume they are mostly military purchase?

A8=0? Thats bad. And, I'am sure Beemer 7-series would be a decent number comparitively. Lets wait till their numbers come out.

If i am asked to choose between these two, even i would go for a B-7 just for its sheer good looks.

Great to see Q7 still ruling over its smaller sibling.

GTO, Would be interesting to know the break up between 3.0L vs. 4.2L for the Q7 if you have. Thanks !
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
It will be interesting to see the split of Alto K10 to the Alto NA. Why I'm saying this is that we get Figo Petrol, which is bigger than Swift in every aspect, for a price between Alto K10 and Estilo /WagonR. My brother was keen to buy an Alto or Spark and I ended up advising to go for Figo.
What is Alto NA? Do you mean 'Naturally aspirated'? Both the K10 and older Alto have NA engines. care to clarify?
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:03   #86
BHPian

Optra Magnum Numbers

The Optra Magnum Numbers seemed to be propped up by a quiet but substantial discount of almost 1.2 Lakhs. The 2.0. LT Model which was on road at 12.2L in chennai is now being offered around 10.4L
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
The erstwhile Fiat dealers seem to have done a pretty much an irreparable damage to the Fiat brand and so in spite of having some really world class products they are struggling to find buyers.
Add to that quality of the product is also not up to mark

Quote:
There is only one reason that Honda sales are slipping. High prices and not enough value for money offerings. Honda needs to seriously lower the price of Jazz and the Civic to match other competitors in the price bracket. They also need to increase the value and equipment offered on their best selling city as the competition has finally caught up or bettered its best selling sedan. If Honda continues to play pricey soon we may have a Tjet or a Vento (more likely) beating it in sales. Another huge reason is the lack of a diesel heart which may prove costly for Honda in the near future.
Inspite of the price the quality of product and image of brand is what is driving the sales for City. However the Vento will provide the same as well. Definetly by mid next year sales will pick up for the entry level sedan from VW. Honda offcourse needs to hurry up on diesel Accord and CRV and assemble them in India to pass on the price benifit to customer.

Quote:
decision in launching the 1.4 diesel Altis. However i may still be proved wrong here.
Chauffer driven people won't mind the 1.4 diesel. Also it will eat up the petrol sales
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

May be Honda launched Jazz to increase the number of customers visiting their showroom. By keeping its price close to City customer decide to buy City instead of Jazz after the visit. Nice idea isnt it? ha ha ha
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
What is Alto NA? Do you mean 'Naturally aspirated'? Both the K10 and older Alto have NA engines. care to clarify?
My ignorance. I didn't know that NA meant Naturally Aspirated. I always thought, it is "Not Applicable", meaning that just "Alto" not "Alto K10".

Yeah. Point is that Alto K10 is too expensive to be value for money from a Maruti. So, I was contemplating that out of the 32K alto, K10 could be very less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
May be Honda launched Jazz to increase the number of customers visiting their showroom. By keeping its price close to City customer decide to buy City instead of Jazz after the visit. Nice idea isnt it? ha ha ha
Good idea! Keep Jazz beside City and make people believe that City is cheap But that same logic works for the i20 too, which is selling so well.

Last edited by opendro : 3rd November 2010 at 17:49.
Old 4th November 2010, 02:38   #90
BHPian

GTO, great summary. I always look forward to check the sales figure of the automotive companies.

Any news on Premier Rio?

Thanks,

-PK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed