Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2010, 02:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nano is not selling coz of other issues.

1)Media picked up the issue on safety and rant about it. This is the same media which picks on Air india safety record but never utters a word against Kingfisher even though they owe more than 1000 crores to HP. Today you know where they stand

2) Airbags: Dude people bought M800. They had no safety test done on it. What made you buy it. Omni was known to topple but still is a hot seller. Did they provide any bells and whistles which you talk about.

3) You dont like the design. Good for you as that cannot be changed. Everyone has an opinion.

4) Your rant on the rich: They supported Tata and felt proud with it. Stop cribbing that the rich bought it and try to get there. They worked hard to reach there and so can you and any one of us. There is nothing wrong with what they did
Old 6th December 2010, 12:42   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
If you search in various sites about the nano crash tests, all information is available. You can refer to reliable sources in this aspect.

One news cutting I am adding below. Kindly refer. This news clearly says "The Nano that was put under tests was the same as the car sold in India and not the Europa that is to be sold in Europe, come 2012."

I believe that Tata nano is ahead of Maruti 800 and alto in terms on crash safety.
Please see the italics text in the quote. Quoted from the very same article and the very next line - "Some changes were made to the test vehicle, such as the addition of a driver airbag as well as strengthened the front longitudinal structure, while adding another structure behind the bumper. All of this increased the weight of the vehicle by 18 kg." This is exactly what I mentioned in my previous post. I want to see how the Nano fares, without those minor modifications like strengthening the structure and adding a driver airbag.
Old 7th August 2013, 01:19   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can the Nano sustain itself in the long-run?

Note from Support - Please use the following thread for discussion Nano's Long Term Future

Tata Nano - Will it ever sell in vast numbers?

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks