Team-BHP - Mahindra REVAi - Now available in Hyderabad. EDIT : Pune too!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra REVAi - Now available in Hyderabad. EDIT : Pune too! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/91602-mahindra-revai-now-available-hyderabad-edit-pune-too.html)

High Points:

- The REVAi electric car will now be available from 5 Mahindra Dealer outlets in Hyderabad.

- Expect Mahindra to take the Reva nationwide in phases.

- Mahindra finance offers an interesting scheme. REVAi buyers can pay an interest free, refundable deposit of Rs. 1,00,000, followed by monthly installments of Rs. 8,999 for a period of 36 months, and drive home a REVAi. At the end of 3 years, the customer can either continue using the car by making a final payment of Rs. 50,000 or return the car and claim the refundable deposit of Rs. 1,00,000.

More info on the Reva:

- SCOOP : Reva NXR coming soon

- Mahindra acquires majority ownership of Reva

- Revai - Ownership report

- Revai - 2nd ownership report

- Anyone driving the Reva in traffic?

- World's fastest Reva : 0 - 100 under 5 seconds

Mahindra REVAi - Now available in Hyderabad. EDIT : Pune too!-photo-2.jpg

Mahindra REVAi - Now available in Hyderabad. EDIT : Pune too!-photo-3.jpg

Really a good move by Mahindra.
I wish it's really a high time when Government should encourage manufactures to start making such environment friendly vehicles by offering tax rebates etc and something to similar to those who are going to buy them i.e. rebate in road tax, registration etc.

A much needed shot in the arm for the lil Reva. Hope they end up making it a lot better than the current version.

The finance scheme is quite interesting. Like a corporate lease.

That's an awesome move from Mahindra; started with Rodeo, Duro, moved to Stallion/Mojo & now REVAi. When the economy booms, they'll be an automotive giant in India.

I only wish the Reva gives a long range, say, atleast 350 Kms for one charge for 2 passengers & decent luggage; long enough to cover Chennai-Bangalore with one charge. Do this & I'm sure to be one of their customer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2128717)
High Points:
- Mahindra finance offers an interesting scheme. REVAi buyers can pay an interest free, refundable deposit of Rs. 1,00,000, followed by monthly installments of Rs. 8,999 for a period of 36 months, and drive home a REVAi. At the end of 3 years, the customer can either continue using the car by making a final payment of Rs. 50,000 or return the car and claim the refundable deposit of Rs. 1,00,000.

9000 per month for 36 months = 3,24,000. Plus initial 1L = Rs.4,24,000.

At the end of 36 months, we have two options:
1. Pay 50,000 and get full ownership.
2. Revoke ownership and get Rs.1,00,000

If we claim the car, we let go of initial 1L too, so ownership costs 4,24,000 + 50,000 = 4,74,000.

If we revoke ownership, then we get 1L back, which means "3 years lease" cost = 4,24,000 - 1,00,000 = 3,24,000. (forgetting the interest on 1L = 17,000)

The econonomics just don't add up in the favour of this little car. As per experience of electric two wheelers, my guess is the resale value is anyways going to be dismal. Therefore, for a value seeking buyer like me, time for cost efficient electric vehicles is yet to come.

But its good to have an option for electric car enthusiasts/customers in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 2129535)
If we claim the car, we let go of initial 1L too, so ownership costs 4,24,000 + 50,000 = 4,74,000.

The econonomics just don't add up in the favour of this little car.

Precisely. You also need to consider the running cost - which i think is at 80p/km - comes to 24k at 10,000 km/yr.
The looks dont help the matters any better.
Anythign around 2L and smaller like Smart - would be my second car choice. I would prefer it for my office and regular shopping commute.

Mahindra's distribution strength helps the Revai. Now available in Pune too!

High Points

- The Revai will now be available from 4 Mahindra Dealer outlets in Pune

- Rs. 3.10 lakh for the REVAi Standard, ex-showroom Pune.

Mahindra REVAi - Now available in Hyderabad. EDIT : Pune too!-reva-i-launch.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 2129535)

If we revoke ownership, then we get 1L back, which means "3 years lease" cost = 4,24,000 - 1,00,000 = 3,24,000. (forgetting the interest on 1L = 17,000)

That's an eye opener!! Thanks for the calculations.

I always wonder why an electric car has to look like an toy car :Frustrati
Was going through the specs. of Reva and found that its 100kg heavier then Tata Nano.

Kerb weight:
Quote:

Reva = 700 kg
Nano = 600 kg to 635 kg (LX)
Also look at the charge Time for Reva:
80% charge in 2.5 hours; 100% in 8 hours. Why does it take 5.5 hours to charge remaining 20% ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammerHead (Post 2170743)

Also look at the charge Time for Reva:
80% charge in 2.5 hours; 100% in 8 hours. Why does it take 5.5 hours to charge remaining 20% ?

It happens with most of the rechargeable batteries, last 15-20% charging time is higher than the initial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulkool (Post 2170804)
It happens with most of the rechargeable batteries, last 15-20% charging time is higher than the initial.

Could be to prevent over-charging. So its trickle charged toward the end to full capacity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 2170815)
Could be to prevent over-charging. So its trickle charged toward the end to full capacity.

If that's the case, I will add a 20% bigger battery, set the comp. to tell me its fully charged when its actually 80% charged and then tell the world that Reva's battery can be fully charged in 2.5hrs flat :D.

There should be some logic may be or may be not!!

have any reasons been provided for the delay in the launch of the nxr/ nxg?

I live near by the Mahindra showroom opposite IIM Bangalore and there is a Reva sitting petrified among the UV giants for the past month or so. I don't know whether its our old Reva or the 'REVAi'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdrive (Post 2170990)
have any reasons been provided for the delay in the launch of the nxr/ nxg?

I have spotted the new NXR a couple of times on Hosur road. It looks mighty impressive and was comfortable doing the highway speeds. But IIRC, it will cost close to 10 lakhs. I read it in the BSM website sometime back.