Team-BHP - Piaggio plans mini-car with Rs 1.5-lakh price tag
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Piaggio plans mini-car with Rs 1.5-lakh price tag (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/91621-piaggio-plans-mini-car-rs-1-5-lakh-price-tag.html)

The Hindu Business Line : Piaggio plans mini-car with Rs 1.5-lakh price tag

One more mini car heading to india. But will a three seater car have enough demand in india.

Three Seater or Three Wheeler?

If it is a 3 wheeler - please let me a cheaper version of a Carver One

YouTube - Carver One

P.S. I hope this is not construed as being off-topic. If so, I apologize. But it just popped to mind when I read 3-seater.

The report says it will be next Ape'. So expect nothing more than a good robust rikshaw on four wheels.

Obviously it will have four wheels, otherwise how to differentiate?:D

Could be good for our roads if it is more refined and safe than the noisy ape'

I hope that they do not end up getting this.

Three seater? It looks like a 2+1. Two adults and one kid. Does it have three or four wheels? The above pictures look like an inexpensive reproduction of the Smart..
I hope they do not end up turning a three wheeler into four.

Chennai'ites will know that most (share) autos are converted to four wheelers. Hope Piaggio does not end up doing the same

That pic is actually of the piaggio M500 quadricycle powered by 505 cc diesel engine from mitsubishi. Its actually a rebadged version of a popular Italian microcar called casalini ydea. Whether its in production or not, I don't know. But i posted the pic because it could be similar to the aforementioned design criteria.

Its the NT3.

What AutoCar India says:

- Could hit the roads by late-2013.
- Three-seat cabin features a central, front driving position and twin rear seats.
- Is based around Piaggio’s three-wheel Ape, around ‘bike running gear'.
- Engine choices in the concept are 200cc or 300cc ‘bike engines', the 300cc also mated to a hybrid system.

Source: Piaggio reveals new city car | Autocar India

More photos: Piaggio NT3 Concept - a set on Flickr

Video: YouTube - Piaggio NT3 Concept

That is a contraption, not a car! Screams "autorickshaw" from every side. Won't sell in significant numbers IMO. Why would anyone look at it instead of the nano, when the prices are similar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 2129397)
That is a contraption, not a car! Screams "autorickshaw" from every side. Won't sell in significant numbers IMO. Why would anyone look at it instead of the nano, when the prices are similar?

It looks pretty radical and dare I say the white one looks very nice, no need to balk at it. These cars will be the future in coming years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2129424)
It looks pretty radical and dare I say the white one looks very nice, no need to balk at it. These cars will be the future in coming years.

Sid is right, looks cute actually looks far better than a Nano, better proportioned also.

Looks more like a toy :)

I think the Nano/Alto would still be the entry level car for Indian families while this might be a cool second or third car for those who need a small city runabout

Reminds me of Gordon Murray's T25 City car project. Even this has a central driving position with space for two passengers behind the driver on either side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranc (Post 2129450)
Sid is right, looks cute actually looks far better than a Nano, better proportioned also.

But it is only a quadracycle and will be powered by a 200 / 300 cc engine. Will run more like an auto, no way it will drive like a car.

As for cuteness, the Reva looks cute too! But where are the numbers, at that price? And don't forget, TVS and Bajaj planned to bring out quadracycles 7 - 8 years back, but the effort was stillborn, thanks to some car makers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2129424)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranc (Post 2129450)

agree:. Looks cool in white :thumbs up. I doubt if production version will retain atleast 50% of what shown as a concept!!

Certainly an useless contraption for a personal/family vehicle. But makes a lot of sense when viewed as a replacement for the rasping autorickshaws.