Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 10:54   #16
BHPian

Actually what is happening in metro and not so metro cities that people have disposable incomes but if they buy a large d class sedan they cant use it fully.In the hospital parking lot where i work i find many i20s and jazz but many of the respective owners have larger cars which include civic altis jetta and even A4 audi,but to park such cars in the ever crowded parking lot within inches of indicas and maruti(i myself own one) is painful even for drivers.
I myself very rarely take my verna to the hospital because it will take me good 15-20 minutes to park it,have to take ritz.Now if i had GOLF(or a similar priced and eqipped hatch) i could have taken it everywere enjoying its creature comforts and security(that is enjoy my hard earned cash which was spent on a depreciating asset everyday instead of it siting in garage and depreciating).I hope everybody gets my point.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Without commenting on how it would fare in the market, i am sure that the day this baby launches , i would be running to the VW dealers ! I have always been fond of premium hatches like the Golf,Scirrocco & the Audis A1,A3. But am quite sure these Audis and even the Scirrocco for that matter is quite sometime away from landing in India so for now, waiting with baited breath for the fully loaded Golf
Old 8th November 2010, 11:37   #18

You know, the Golf isnt really that Great a car. I dont know why we make such a big hoohaa about it!
Old 8th November 2010, 11:46   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i like the Golf GTi
very nice indeed. also the VW Scirocco.

But typically it will remain a bit of a pipe dream unless import duties are substantially reduced and/or VW starts assembling them locally with a high level of indigenization.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:55   #20
BHPian

>>>

The Golf especially its GTi variant is the hot hatch. It will be an overkill on Indian roads, as it will likely be perceived by the potential buying public to be a 'hatchback' along the same lines as the Polo/Fabia/Jazz and so on. Which it is not.

The Golf is more of a petrolhead's hatchback.

The Indian market has to evolve a little more before it can be expected to sell in enough numbers to justify its cost - either that of a CBU (which will translate into miniscule sales) or a CKD (in which case it will sell at a price point comparable to the Jetta; comparable to may not necessarily mean equal to).

I reckon the potential market for the Golf will be similar to that of the 3, although the 3 is a sedan, albeit a cramped one- this is the enthusiast who hankers after power/acceleration/steering & handling excellence.

We might have to wait a bit.

Regards, drive safe
Old 8th November 2010, 12:05   #21
BHPian

2 things that stand against this car:

1. VW / Skoda's famed (Defamatory) Dealership & Service Experience (I myself have felt this).

2. Position, now we see it as a true petrol head hatch. But whether the numbers are there to make the product viable. A 10 lac rupee sedan makes a better sense compared to the luxury hatch in the minds of the customers. More over a 15-20 Lac BMW / Merc will sell better than a VW any day AFA in India.
Old 8th November 2010, 12:20   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Golf GTi is 'Made in Germany' only, its not made or assembled outside germany.
hi
wrong golf gti is also made in china by faw vw
sale started 2010 jan
also this car is a huge success in china 3 month waiting period
also if want immediale delivery needed to pay 30k rmb under the table
the price for golf gti 2.0tsi engine is 270,000 rmb
narry
Old 8th November 2010, 12:27   #23
BHPian

Wait for a few months. VW just might be considering launching the Golf in India.....
Old 8th November 2010, 13:54   #24
BHPian

The interest shown to this thread and the other one about hot premium hatches shows itself how the market is maturing and the people are opening upto newer segments.
Old 8th November 2010, 15:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Can we have the Civic Type R along with it please Along with Golf Rabbit, Astra ZXR, Clio Sport, M1

And one thing, all these in European specifications please. I am ready for the trouble these bring along.
Old 8th November 2010, 15:17   #26
Team-BHP Support

I highly doubt this. The chances of VW introducing a hatchback that will carry a sticker price of 10 lakh+ is out of the question. You see, VW is interested in the small-car market here. Their primary objective right now, is to make sure that the sales of the Vento and Polo meet their expectations; and after that, they will look to build a small car based on the Up! concept.

The Golf will be much too expensive right now. I'm sure the market for large hatches like the Golf and the Scirocco will eventually arrive here, but as of now, the priority is volumes and attempting to get a foothold in our market.

Although, one could expect the new Jetta to hit our shores next year. It should be available in the same trim, and the new Jetta looks positively striking, unlike the older one.
Old 8th November 2010, 16:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
wrong golf gti is also made in china by faw vw
sale started 2010 jan
also this car is a huge success in china 3 month waiting period
also if want immediale delivery needed to pay 30k rmb under the table
the price for golf gti 2.0tsi engine is 270,000 rmb
narry
thanks for the news narry, i really didnt knew that vw has started making gti outside germany.

im updated now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks