Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which Hatches you would like to be launched in India?
VW Golf 29 25.66%
Suzuki SX4 Hatch 12 10.62%
Ford Fiesta Hatch 30 26.55%
FIAT Bravo 28 24.78%
Hyundai i30 6 5.31%
Toyota Auris 7 6.19%
Opel Astra Hatch 1 0.88%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2010, 14:37   #31
BHPian

OK fellas,I seem to be facing the gun from all for missing out on all the wonderful hatches of the world. Abarth, Alfa-romeo, Mazda etc etc. Friends I just added those cars which under current circumstances if possible can be launched in India at a price which is digestible if not acceptable.
Now there is no comparison to Abarth, Scirocco or the Audi S3, but then we miss out on the point of competition. I really don't consider A500 or Beetle to be simply hatches, they are a lifestyle in themselves.

Coming to the Renault, Mazda and may be then Seat, Peugeot, Citroen, Smart...there is no end to sweet hatches in the world, but nobody is launching them at their current status. Yes of course if all the above companies start an assembly line here, and have atleast 50% localisation, then may be the poll could have 15 odd options.

But for sure we all need choices from all ranges. So may be someone is listening, and some of the above come in. I heard Citroen has plans, so lets see. And now since all have break loose on me, I present my choice that should (and may be soon) be launched.

The BMW 1 Series :
Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-bmw1series1.jpg

and also the Audi A3:
Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-2010audia3.jpg

But I was just wondering, with whatever I added in the poll, look at the choice for Bravo. I mean Fiat seems to be running high on our list. Great, hope Fiat reads this poll. If not for Bravo, atleast improve on its existing products. So on the poll, its mostly Golf vs Bravo vs Fiesta. I had voted for Golf for its shear presence on road. Its big and beautiful. Lets see if it can stand the competition.
*These are web images downloaded after googling*
Old 8th November 2010, 14:56   #32
SMK
BHPian

I voted for the VW Golf GTI, i had the lucky opportunity to drive one of these beauties when i was in Sydney. It really blew me off. The one i drove was a top end with fully customised interiors and large alloys! Hoot to drive.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:08   #33
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by .anshuman : 8th November 2010 at 20:50. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note added to your post.
Old 8th November 2010, 17:43   #34
BHPian

The hatch I would love to see on our roads is Bravo for sure and if I will have money, I will buy it as well.
Old 8th November 2010, 20:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I would love to see the new Ford Fiesta hatch here with the 1.6 TDCi engine. I am not interested in the equipment list but i would like Ford to retain the stiff suspension and delightful steering. Maybe a S variant too.

@Ford: I am ready with the cheque.
Old 8th November 2010, 21:37   #36
naj
BHPian

Hi!,
Voted for the Fiesta Hatch .
Its a great Looker and has lots of space.
I had a chance to be a co-passenger in Scotland for 120 Km .Its fast and handles well.Over all interior quality was great.

Hopefully it does get launched here as speculated.

Cheers,
naj
Old 8th November 2010, 22:20   #37
BHPian

Wow! Majority of the BHPians want the Ford Fiesta hatch followed closely by the Fiat Bravo. Ford, are you listening?

About the Bmw 1-series, I think it looks like an ugly duck and Bmw should stick to making big cars, which they've been doing well since long.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Wow! Majority of the BHPians want the Ford Fiesta hatch followed closely by the Fiat Bravo. Ford, are you listening?

About the Bmw 1-series, I think it looks like an ugly duck and Bmw should stick to making big cars, which they've been doing well since long.
Well I have swallowed your comment on BMW 1 series, but as they say : to each his own.
But The poll surely reflects the sentiments of the Indians, they need a refreshing hatch. Also I feel, Figo has brought back the confidence in the customers for Ford. Now its time Ford replies back with due.
Fiat on the other hand is loosing its fervor for niggling issues and counter sales to Tata. I am not sure if Bravo can help them, but surely they can't afford to loose more ground for Linea and Punto. Or may be they are so happily selling engines to half the country, they don't mind selling less cars.
Old 9th November 2010, 14:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

I've voted SX4 hatch because it is one I would seriously consider buying especially with a 1.6 multijet diesel.

However I have a suggestion if Fiat is listening - they should bring out a T-Jet version of the Punto at around 6.5 lakhs. This would be the spiritual successor of the Palio 1.6.

drive on,
Shibu.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Apart from Fiat Bravo and VW Golf, I would love to see following hatches making their presence here in India.

Pics source: netcarshow.com.
Attached Thumbnails
Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-audia1_2011_800x600_wallpaper_7e.jpg  

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-alfa_romeogiulietta_2011_800x600_wallpaper_66.jpg  

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-volkswagencrosspolo_2011_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg  

Hatches you would like to be launched in India?-mazda2_2008_800x600_wallpaper_1f.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by HammerHead : 9th November 2010 at 15:15.
Old 9th November 2010, 15:19   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post

Cartman,

I have seen the BMW 1-Series in the flesh and trust me, photographs just don't do any sort of justice to its lines. It is quite a looker. Yes, it's not perfect. The front can be altered and tweaked. But it's quite a looker nevertheless.

Do you think it would be wise of BMW to bring in the 1 Series Coupe/hatchback/Convertible into India. It is a rather small family car and is no larger than the current Fiesta. But if they price it aggressively, they could break into the 10-20 lakh bracket and then.. no. Wait. That's not going to happen!

If wishes were horses.. Sigh!
Old 9th November 2010, 17:15   #42
BHPian

FIAT Bravo is the best looking hatch here. I would like to own one because of its elegant looks. It was one of the best looking cars at auto Expo 2008, Delhi.
Old 9th November 2010, 18:20   #43
BHPian

My vote for VW golf for obvious reason.
+ Auris, Ford focus will be the best competitors in terms of a 'real big' family hatch. After 2 years these products will sell even if they tag it for 8-10 lakhs.
They are actually the size (cabin) of VW jetta, toyota corolla; and for those who don't need a boot! But afterall we will be getting stripped down versions with 3cyl engines

Most Viewed