Team-BHP - Auto Fortuner Any time Soon?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Auto Fortuner Any time Soon? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/91761-auto-fortuner-any-time-soon.html)

hey all,
happy diwali folks..!
i am nearly on the verge of getting a fortuner. i have read the pros and cons through various posts on the site. after test driving the vehicle i have found only one major problem its not a automatic ! one thing why i was looking on to the other suvs like the endy, captiva etc.
so is the auto verison gonna out sson cause i dont wanna get the manual now and see that next march or feb they r gonna launch it. so is there any plans for tkm to launch the auto? any rumors?

ps: its been a while and now i hope to be active again with the forums...
cheers,
doc

Toyota already have their hands full with orders for the manual Fortuner and the auto tranny version wont be launched until they see a drop in sales. Maybe by mid 2011 there could be a chance of the AT version being launched.

I do not think Toyota will launch the auto fortuner. Atleast not in the near future. I think auto can be expected during the first facelift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razrman (Post 2132249)
I do not think Toyota will launch the auto fortuner. Atleast not in the near future. I think auto can be expected during the first facelift.

Spot on.

They have their hands full at the moment.A auto tranny is a far cry, at least for now.

Go ahead and get it MT, its a great rugged vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by razrman (Post 2132249)

The Fortuner launched in India took so long to come that they eventually launched the facelifted one here. I do not expect any more facelifts for the Fortuner and dare i say, this model should be due a replacement in the next 2 years.
TKM has announced a 10 Year cycle for the Innova and the new one is expected in 2015. We may see yet another facelifted one in 2012-12 as per reports. Since the Fortuner is made using the IMV platform, we may (although unlikely) see another facelifted Fortuner (I really doubt it).

hey guys,
thanks for the input...i found it tiresome to drive the manual...i guess i will also have to get used to the shaky gear lever. its a huge jump from the camry which is refined to the core compared to the fortuner...
i am kinda apprehensive about the face lift...dont wanna be driving around a defunct vehicle...u guys think i should wait for a face lift if any...
ps: i have booked a white fortuner, from nippon cochin..should be getting it around the 29 nov..will post pics after ...also any i wanna change the head unit...any ice suggestion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by racing4cure (Post 2133490)
i am kinda apprehensive about the face lift...dont wanna be driving around a defunct vehicle...u guys think i should wait for a face lift if any...

Go ahead about with the purchase and stop worrying about the face lift. Nothing in near future:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by racing4cure (Post 2133490)
also any i wanna change the head unit...any ice suggestion?

Post the query in ICE section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 2132984)
The Fortuner launched in India took so long to come that they eventually launched the facelifted one here. I do not expect any more facelifts for the Fortuner and dare i say, this model should be due a replacement in the next 2 years.
TKM has announced a 10 Year cycle for the Innova and the new one is expected in 2015. We may see yet another facelifted one in 2012-12 as per reports. Since the Fortuner is made using the IMV platform, we may (although unlikely) see another facelifted Fortuner (I really doubt it).

Although internationally, I do not think Toyota will pull out this fortuner and replace it within 2 years. Looking at the response the fortuner is still getting, its going to remain for a pretty long time. And any car, be it a swift or an accord has to undergo a facelift, however minor it is to preserve its 'new' image intact and keep attracting customers.
So, will Toyota launch an Auto fortuner remains to be seen. But IMO its very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Another reason the Fortuner AT may not come anytime soon here is because the AT version is a 4 speed gearbox. In India that may not go down well with the premium image. An outdated 4 speed AT box on a premium SUV. FE will also be poor.

AT Fortuner somehow does not seem likely in the near future, that is what the dealers too maintain, primarily because they have their hands full with pending orders, and an AT would also add further to the price.

Its not a bad idea to have a auto transmission on the Fortuner. I mean, the Endy comes with it. But, like what most said, its not a financially viable option for TKM to do so. I am shocked that even the Innova is yet to come in automatic.
AUtomatics will eventually become the popular choice in Indian motoring over a period of time.