Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 22:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed: BMW E 90 3 series to get EPS anytime soon

BMW India will equip its Indian market E 90 3 series with electrically assisted steering from cars produced for 2011 model year, anytime soon to be precise. Though tom tomed to be a part of efficient dynamics programme, the main reason sighted for this is market feedback for lighter steering units from customers.

Now whether enthusiasts will moan or not,only time will tell and this change is now inevitable, even when the F30 development is progressing in full scale. That model will come sometime in 2012.

Last edited by sidindica : 9th November 2010 at 22:45.
Old 10th November 2010, 01:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Boy , bad news for BMW fans! But I wont entirely blame BMW , there is large chunk of people who buy a BMW just for brand value , rather than its driving capabilities ! For such people , light steering , easy maneuverability is of greater use .
I guess the enthusiasts are only left wits M'S ! Maybe , BMW can give hydraulic steering +stiff settings as a option :-)
Old 10th November 2010, 08:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
BMW India will equip its Indian market E 90 3 series with electrically assisted steering from cars produced for 2011 model year, anytime soon to be precise. Though tom tomed to be a part of efficient dynamics programme, the main reason sighted for this is market feedback for lighter steering units from customers.

Now whether enthusiasts will moan or not,only time will tell and this change is now inevitable, even when the F30 development is progressing in full scale. That model will come sometime in 2012.
Enthusiasts are going to be disappointed big time. But, I can see the change because most of the buyers buy for snob value and not even care to differentiate between EPS and HPS. As most buyers think that lighter steerings are better. Matter of fact, we just bought Merc C Class and during the test drive, the Sales Rep. told me that Merc has lighter steering compared to BMW's and so Merc is better to drive.

BTW, I bought Merc for the other reasons and not for the lighter EPS.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 10th November 2010 at 08:59.
Old 10th November 2010, 09:24   #4
BANNED

Yipeee... I got mine with HPS... and I love it. However my dad was like there seems to less tire pressure or something is wrong with the steering lol.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:45   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Enthusiasts are going to be disappointed big time. But, I can see the change because most of the buyers buy for snob value and not even care to differentiate between EPS and HPS. As most buyers think that lighter steerings are better. Matter of fact, we just bought Merc C Class and during the test drive, the Sales Rep. told me that Merc has lighter steering compared to BMW's and so Merc is better to drive.

BTW, I bought Merc for the other reasons and not for the lighter EPS.
I agree. We also recently got the new Mercedes C200 CGI and it does have a very light steering which is a downer..otherwise its a fantastic car. @Nitrous Power which C did you buy.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sid,

I already spoke of this few days back in the thread below,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...dition-18.html

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks