Team-BHP - Swift Advertisement: Does it make sense ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Swift Advertisement: Does it make sense ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9197-swift-advertisement-does-make-sense.html)

Disclaimer: This post is about the advertisemnet & has nothing to do with the car :)

Hi all, many of you might have seen the new Swift advertisement, am really surprised by teh kind of advert they have come up with,

1) I think the Advert has come too late specially when there are already som many Swifts on the road

2) The model shown is ZXi which I believe comes with ABS & EBD and still they show it slightly skidding while stopping at teh end of it.

3) They display 'Bookings Are Open' or something like this message, what does this mean, i mean those who are\were target customers have either already booked teh car or will have done so even without that message.

4) All this kinda gives bad image as if the car is not selling & that they have to come up with an advert to push the sagging sales, again I am not syaing this is the case but this advertisement leaves such an impression.

5) Also the ad again is not very tempting or something, they should have come up with a better one.

What do you guys feel ??

Quote:

2) The model shown is ZXi which I believe comes with ABS & EBD and still they show it slightly skidding while stopping at teh end of it.
Thats bcoz ABS is designed to lock the wheels just before it comes to a halt. You wont feel it on tarmac but try braking on a slippery surface, it will happen.

Quote:

5) Also the ad again is not very tempting or something, they should have come up with a better one.
Are you talking about the Cinderella ad, where the girl comes out of a building and gets into the red Swift?

Yp, it sucks.

Shan2nu

That's the most ridiculous currently running on TV. I mean why would Cinderella run away from the prince and join some funny looking guy, that too his harem which already has two girls.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
You wont feel it on tarmac but try braking on a slippery surface, it will happen.

That's right. Try braking with ABS in snowy or icy surface, the results are very scary at least for the first time. Then you learn not to brake on slippery surfaces.

Oh and are the hand brakes also ABS ? i don't think so.....

And yes , the ad sucks big time, but i guess it serves its purpose, all of us remeber the ad don't we :-D. Brand recognition.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
That's right. Try braking with ABS in snowy or icy surface, the results are very scary at least for the first time. Then you learn not to brake on slippery surfaces.

I tough it should be more scary with non-ABS brakes, isnt ABS supposed to help braking by avoiding skidding which happens on slippery surfaces :confused:

Actually ad sks.... What happned to Marutis good ads like M 800 in 2599.. That ad was good.. Esteem ad was good... Baleno was the best...

When the new zen was launched even that ad was not good at all (The one with tiger thing)...

They should change their ad of swift.....

:)

You forgot Alto's ads both of them i.e. Lets Go & the New Alto one were really nice :)

Man Altos my fav car in small ones.... Sorry Alto i forgot ya :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat
3) They display 'Bookings Are Open' or something like this message, what does this mean, i mean those who are\were target customers have either already booked teh car or will have done so even without that message.

Before a months time, 9 out of 10 will tell you that Swift delivery will take 6 months delivery time. But now, "BOOKINGS OPEN" wordings have made people to check on the delivery status, which has come down drastically. Also it serves as a general message for a person who is not aware of those delayed deliveries. It conveyed the message across and thats what Maruti want

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat
I tough it should be more scary with non-ABS brakes, isnt ABS supposed to help braking by avoiding skidding which happens on slippery surfaces :confused:

No, ABS has only one function, stop the wheels from locking during an emergency brake. That way you will still retain steering control. If the road surface is slippery due to snow/icy/oil-slick, ABS is no help. In fact with ABS, brake pedal kicks back quite violently (can be scary) on slippery surfaces. I don't know why that happens, may be somebody more technical can explain that.

Both the paper and the TV add seem to suggest..."Hey the bookings have been open for sometime...where are the customers...please come"

The customers in the mean while are busy booking other cars he he :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
What happned to Marutis good ads like M 800 in 2599..

for a moment i thought you have time travelled from 26th century to our's lol:

Quote:

That's the most ridiculous currently running on TV. I mean why would Cinderella run away from the prince and join some funny looking guy, that too his harem which already has two girls
he he..that's what i thought too. It's a very stupid ad. Come to think of it, all Maruti ads running currently suck big time.

Also hate the USP catchword of the swift " YOu're the Fuel" - what the heck does MUL want to convey.

Maybe the Maruti folks should take a leaf out of the Tata ad dept.. look at the awesome Dicor advt and the previous indica adverts.

[quote=Samurai]No, ABS has only one function, stop the wheels from locking during an emergency brake. QUOTE]

yeah ABS will prevent the wheels from locking but at the same time reduce your stopping distance ...but that doesnt mean that as soon as its a wet or slippery surface the brakes will not be applied...if you on such a surface and apply brakes on a non-abs car teh car will loose traction and the car will skid...but this will definitely not happen ina abs car...

and that brake pedal kicking back ...is the pumping of the brakes ...the brakes will be released as soon as the wheels loose grip..

and never pump brakes on a ABS -car

http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Brakes/abs.shtml

Quote:

Also hate the USP catchword of the swift " YOu're the Fuel" - what the heck does MUL want to convey.
It means "Get out of your car.....and start pushing it".

Shan2nu