Team-BHP - Maruti to launch luxury car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti to launch luxury car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9201-maruti-launch-luxury-car.html)

Read it in the Times Of India today. Maruti is launching a luxury car in the 9-10 lakh bracket. This car is being designed by suzuki and the team comprises of Maruti India engineers also. They will pit it against Corolla/Elantra/Optra/NHC. This will be the most expensive made in India Maruti

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Read it in the Times Of India today. Maruti is launching a luxury car in the 9-10 lakh bracket. This car is being designed by suzuki and the team comprises of Maruti India engineers also. They will pit it against Corolla/Elantra/Optra/NHC. This will be the most expensive made in India Maruti

Yep .. saw that .. MUL is now entering strong brand loyalty territory .. they will have to fight toyota and honda with their USP .. VFM cars and service ..
This sedan will surely be fully loaded .. like the elantra .. maybe with more goodies ..

Wonder if this is the Liana or the Liana replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Wonder if this is the Liana or the Liana replacement.

Liana at 9-10 Lakhs? Don't think that would sell.
This one is again another car which is supposedly being specially designed to tackle Indian conditions and customer needs
We are blessed :)

One thing for sure, it got to have bigger and better engine than Baleno. Not sure whether it be a josh-machine though, since it will be positioned towards chauffeur driven customers.

Quote:

One thing for sure, it got to have bigger and better engine than Baleno.
Sounds pretty good. A bigger and better engine than the Baleno
with the same characteristics...shd be a treat!

Maruti can play the pricing game. They could use their huge setup for very high levels of localization and sell the new car with attractive pricing w.r.t the competition.

Again there are many people who would buy the car for just being a Maruti alone- the peace of mind factor at work.

The car will sell but doubtful if it can match up with the toyotas and the hondas, I feel it might beat the Hyundai Elantra in sales..and regarding the engine all Marutis till date are revv happy units, so that would not be a problem either:)

Maruti quality is better than toyota hondas etc., of you are looking at trouble free operation.
however toyota and honda give better quality plastics and fabrics and more refined engines in some cases.

I feel it will not sell. IMHO, the reason why Baleno was not a big success, especially when it was launched, was because Maruti was then (still is?) perceived to be a "small car" company and the typical Maruti buyer did not accept the idea of a big car from them.

I HOPE it sells, it will rev up the already hot C+/D segment.

Gears,
Red-One.

Sheesh, Maruti cant even build a gearbox let alone an entire luxury sedan.

Most probably, this is what they will sell i.e. The Suzuki Verona

Link to Official Suzuki Verona Site

GTO

I doubt that GTO. The Verona is a rebadged Daewoo, just like the Optra. If anyone is to launch that here, it would be GM, not Suzuki.

I second that. From the article http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1331149.cms

Quote:

"The car is being developed on an all-new platform and is being engineered from scratch by a team of Indian and Japanese engineers. This will mark a big image change for Maruti, which has till now been identified as being a small car maker,"
Its a brand new car not yet in the market

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Most probably, this is what they will sell i.e. The Suzuki Verona

If they sell this at 9-10 L (Optra territory) then it should be real VFM .. isn't the Optra sold 1 segment below it , in the US ?

Quote:

Its a brand new car not yet in the market
Had it been a mass market car, it could have been possible but I don't think Suzuki would spend this much money for a india specific C segmenter.

Quote:

Sheesh, Maruti cant even build a gearbox let alone an entire luxury sedan.
By Maruti's luxury sedan it seems to be inferred that Suzuki will do most of the R&D and build for the new vehicle.
You're right in that till date suzuki has not fully transferred their gear box technology to Maruti India.