Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2009, 10:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

there was another thread related to removal of entry tax on vehicles from other states into karnataka.
is the new rule implemented or you have to pay tax for your car if its in the state for more than a year?
Old 13th September 2009, 12:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would say if you are dead sure on the 1 year timeframe, take your chance and drive in Bangalore. Keep the transporters challan handy to prove you have just come and will go back within 11 months.

Worse come worse, you might get away with a small 'personal' fine if caught.
Old 13th September 2009, 12:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Well 3 years back my aunt had shifted to bangalore and had taken her car from delhi.We didn't get any papers transfered or anything because she went for a term of 3 years and then she was going to be back.So the car was transported their and then it was used their for good 2 years or so and then she moved to chennai for a year.We still didn't get any papers transfered or anything but we just drove the car down to chennai instead of transporting it.Now,she was caught only 4 or 5 times and she paid a fine of Rs.100 each time.Then early this year the car was brought back here again and no problems at all.
So if you are going to send the car their for a year or so and then get it back then their is no need to get an NOC or transfer anything.You woulod just end up paying loads of money which is not worth it.What i would suggest just goto the RTO again and tell the guy that you have changed your mind and that you don't want the NOC and what is the procedure of cancelling it.Now after that you have to make sure that the NOC has to get cancelled and then you don't have any probs at all apart from paying the Rs.100 fines once in a while.Just make sure of one more thing and that is your car doesn't have any kind of film,fancy number plates and very high powered head light bulbs.This should be the best bet for you.

Hope this helped.
Old 14th September 2009, 09:00   #19
BHPian

NOC Cancellation

I bought my car in Hyd and around 2007, took NOC for RTO Trivandrum for registration transfer. But, as it happens, I was re-transferred to Bangalore. Now, I have a NOC for RTO TVM which is not valid. In apsrtc.org (AO Transport) website, my car is listed as NOC issued. I want to cancel this NOC as I am selling my car in HYD.
Request help from experts for the following:
1. What is the procedure to cancel the NOC.
2. Do I need to get any letter from RTO TVM stating this car was not registered there.
3. It will be helpful, if some can connect me to an RTO agent in HYD who can help me cancelling the NOC.
Old 14th September 2009, 09:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
there was another thread related to removal of entry tax on vehicles from other states into karnataka.
is the new rule implemented or you have to pay tax for your car if its in the state for more than a year?
I think you are confusing entry tax with road tax.They are totally different.Karnataka High Court had ruled that you don't have to pay entry tax if you buy vehicle outside the state & bring it into the state.(Karnataka govt. was charging 12% entry tax on cars & bikes)
Also, you are entitled to a refund if you have already paid the tax upto a certain specified date.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

I just don't understand why you are still going through the whole drama.

I gave you an ultra simple solution. Why do you wish to complicate your brother and your (assuming its in your name) life and waste time complying with inane nonsensical laws and ridiculously greedy RTOs?
Old 14th September 2009, 11:12   #22
buz
BHPian

Not sure if this is the correct way but I had to get my NOC cancelled because the car was to be transferred in my name from my company's name midway (had it on lease from my company). First the NOC came out in the company's name and then the car had to get transferred in my name, so we got the NOC cancelled. The procedure for that was that the RTO for which the NOC was made had to confirm that the NOC was not used in that RTO yet. That confirmation had to be sent to the original RTO for cancellation of NOC. Be rest assured, even after issuing NOC, the original reg. no. is not deleted from the RTO records. This is done only after the NOC is used in the new RTO and the new reg. no. is obtained and you go back to your original RTO with this new set for a refund of your road tax in the old RTO.
Old 31st October 2009, 12:07   #23
BHPian

Help needed for getting NOC from New Delhi RTO

Can any member recommend an agent who can help me get a NOC of a Delhi (Sheikh Sarai RTO) registered car. I had entrusted the job to a highly recommended agent named Bunty and so far, for the last 6 months, he has been feeding me stories why the NOC has still not been issued. Thanks.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:22   #24
BHPian

AP to TN - Received NOC, need to sell my bike - Need Help

Team,
I moved from Hyderabad to Chennai a year ago , however received my NOC last month. I own a Pulsar 150 CC . Iam planning to sell my bike, for which I hear the first step is to get the bike re-registered. Also do I need to pay some road tax and change it to TN RTO stuff. Am confused.

The buyer is really happy with the condition of the bike and wanting it before Diwali. can anyone please help me with the process of how to sell my bike without having to face any problems.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
for which I hear the first step is to get the bike re-registered.
Yes, this is true.

Quote:
Also do I need to pay some road tax and change it to TN RTO stuff. Am confused.
IIRC, the road tax is about 8% of the motorcycle's invoice value. You'll need to bring the original bills when you bought the motorcycle from AP.

Quote:
The buyer is really happy with the condition of the bike and wanting it before Diwali. can anyone please help me with the process of how to sell my bike without having to face any problems.
Are you sure? I don't think its easy enough to get the vehicle re-registered & tax paid before Diwali.

In you case, my suggestion would be is to take the motorcycle back to AP & sell it over there. In that way, you'll have less hassles. Or find a buyer who's interested only with AP registered vehicle & do the name transfer all by yourself, even if you've to pay for it.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:18   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post

IIRC, the road tax is about 8% of the motorcycle's invoice value. You'll need to bring the original bills when you bought the motorcycle from AP.

Are you sure? I don't think its easy enough to get the vehicle re-registered & tax paid before Diwali.

In you case, my suggestion would be is to take the motorcycle back to AP & sell it over there. In that way, you'll have less hassles. Or find a buyer who's interested only with AP registered vehicle & do the name transfer all by yourself, even if you've to pay for it.

Oh my, where do I go for the original invoices, Its been 5 years since I purchased the vehicles

I have informed the buyer it will take a lot of time, but he is ok even if it takes time. I thought i can do the name transfer before Diwali and then later go with the other processes.

But looks like for the name transfer , I need to re-register to TN?. I actually have the forms with me (Form 29 and 30) that I got from the RTO.

Also is the AP NOC valid for sometime that can be used to ply ?.. Or I need to immediately pay the tax at Chennai RTO?
Old 27th October 2010, 14:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

@FunnyG - Never think of transferring first & then look into legal issues. By then he would've made a mess. See an incident posted here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...n-resells.html

That's why I suggested selling the vehicle in AP
Old 27th October 2010, 15:08   #28
BHPian

Well, yes it makes sense to sell it in AP, however wondering when I would go back to Hyderabad.

Anyways thanks buddy .
Old 12th November 2010, 14:21   #29
BHPian

RTO NOC Complication - Guidance Needed

Dear Team,

I have landed myself into an RTO No Objection Certificate Trouble. I need your guidance on how to get over this issue. Here are the details:

I own a car which is registered in Kutch District of Gujarat. Few years back, ( 4 years ) we got a No Objection Certificate from the Kutch RTO to transfer it to Thane - where I used to live during those days. After I received the NOC, before I could register the vehicle and NOC at Thane, I had to go long term to USA. By the time I returned, the NOC had expired. I did not have any possibility to go back to Kutch and get a fresh NOC issued. When contacted, Thane RTO agents refused to help stating that it is Gujarat RTO and they cant help. Meanwhile, we shifted from Thane to Pune and I got stuck into some other work.

I now intend to sell the car up. I can take it to Gujarat and sell it since it still has Gujarat registration. However, to do that; I need to get my Thane NOC (which is also marked on RC book) cancelled. RTO Kutch is not willing to do this - even after returning all the original NOC documents and RC book to them. They want Thane RTO to certify that the vehicle is not registered in Thane. Thane RTO flatly refuses to do so! They say - 'why should we be issuing any such certificate?'. The whole matter is now stuck here. I am not able to drive vehicle in Pune as well since now the traffic police around my place have become aware about the vehicle and I have already paid them 500 Rs. twice as fine. There is no way to register vehicle in Thane or Pune either since the NOC has expired.

Hence, effectively I can

1. Not sell vehicle in Gujarat or Maharashtra
2. Not Drive it in Pune
3. Not Register it in Pune or Thane

Can you please guide? Is there any way out?

Mods: Please move this thread to the appropriate section if I have placed it in wrong section.

Last edited by pranav_mankad : 12th November 2010 at 14:21. Reason: Note to Mods Added
Old 12th November 2010, 14:52   #30
BHPian

RTI might be your best bet here. Write to the RTO in Kutch in the prescribed format the process for Cancelling an NOC which was not utilised , mention the reasons as being out of country for a long period of time etc.

There might be a fine or fee for cancelling the NOC but the ball in my opinion is with the Kutch RTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks