Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 21:34   #1
BHPian

RTO NOC Complication - Guidance Needed

Hello friends,

I need to renew my KA-issued driving licenses (2!) soon, but in WB.
Would really appreciate information from members who have gone
through the process of out-of-state license renewal.

Today some officer in the local RTO told me that I needed NOC from KA
(although I'm supposed to go back to the officer-in-charge of renewal
(who happened to be on leave just today!) to know about the actual
requirements, -- I'd like to go back with as much information as I
can gather beforehand).

On internet search I found that the only things mentioned are
Form 9 (application with particulars) and Form 1/1A (medical fitness
certificate), 3 photos, and address proof. No mention
of NOC being required for out-of-state license renewal (although
the KA RTO site does say that out-of-state renewal would need 20
days instead of one day, without elaborating).

If NOC is required, I'm in trouble, because my licenses expire in Dec,
and I can't run to Bangalore RTOs just now. Don't know how to handle
the issue then, -- can't drive till I gat my licenses renewed somehow!

In case you're wondering why I keep mentioning "licenses", that's
another complication! I have a 2-wheeler license from KA-04, and a
separate lmv license from KA-03. Didn't know (or care) at the time
that both classes could be included in a single license. Should I
expect problems for this during renewal ? Thanks in advance.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:55   #2

Unsolvable RTO/Police Noc problem. EDIT : Now solved!

I bought a 1968 car from a gentleman in Villupuram, near chennai. His car was originally registered in Chennai RTO. But, since the gentleman had later moved to Villupuram, he had his new address endoresed there. He sold the car on the condition that I will get the NOC, as he is too old.
Now, the problem. I have to get a police certificate to apply for NOC at Chennai. The debate is: where to get the Police certificate from. The chennai RTO guys are saying since the addresss is at Villupuram, the police at Villupuram have to give it. Whereas, the police at Villupuram say that the application has to be made in Chennai. Does anyone have a clue how I can get this NOC. I will be eternally grateful. thanks
Old 9th July 2009, 19:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think the police certification would be required where the RTO office is (RC papers belong to)
Old 9th July 2009, 20:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2555 View Post
I bought a 1968 car from a gentleman in Villupuram, near chennai. His car was originally registered in Chennai RTO. But, since the gentleman had later moved to Villupuram, he had his new address endoresed there. He sold the car on the condition that I will get the NOC, as he is too old.
Now, the problem. I have to get a police certificate to apply for NOC at Chennai. The debate is: where to get the Police certificate from. The chennai RTO guys are saying since the addresss is at Villupuram, the police at Villupuram have to give it. Whereas, the police at Villupuram say that the application has to be made in Chennai. Does anyone have a clue how I can get this NOC. I will be eternally grateful. thanks
Ever heard of a hoary vocation called "RTA Agent". I suggest you use the services of one of them, they are variously called Representative, Agent, Broker, Tout etc. and will be found crawling all over the place outside the RTA office. It is well worth the money you pay them, it will be much cheaper than running from pillar to post or Villpuram to Chennai & back in your case.

Cheers,
Old 10th July 2009, 15:05   #5

police certificate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Ever heard of a hoary vocation called "RTA Agent". It is well worth the money you pay them, it will be much cheaper than running from pillar to post or Villpuram to Chennai & back in your case.

Cheers,
As luck would have it. an agent in villupuram hasnt been able to do the job. He is stuck with the police certificate. Do you know how to apply for a police certificate. Is it in plain paper or is there a format or a form? How long does it take?

best
TS
Old 5th September 2009, 15:18   #6

Police NOC.. amazingly simple

i got it!!

As I thought it would be, it was very simple. When you change your residence in a state and note that address in the respective district in that state, the NOC should come from the crime bureau in that district.

In my case, though the RC was from Chennai, I had to get the NOC from the police in Villupuram. Gave a letter in the morning and got a certificate in the evening. And the agent couldn't do this for several months.

Any one needs any help with RTO, please do ping me.

New Problem.. Now to register the vehilce in Mumbai, they want the original invoice of the vehicle to ascertain the value of tax.

Does any one have an invoice for a 1968 Fiat in Mumbai.. or any other in the next five years would also be fine. Mine is a 1968 Delight.

best
Surendar
Old 10th September 2009, 22:05   #7
BHPian

NOC help required

Guys,

I'm sending my XETA to bangalore to be used by my brother. I had applied for an NOC from RTO Sheik Sarai and will move the car back in a year to Delhi again.

Will I need to register, I have come across some discussions on the web, where people say that once you apply for an NOC your vehicle data is removed from the orginal registered RTO.

In this case, I will be moving the car back. Please advise the resolution.
Old 10th September 2009, 22:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you don't bother. See your PM
Old 11th September 2009, 08:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

There are few ways of handling this

1. In bangalore visit Hosur ever other month and fuel up your car and keep the bills handy. So you can always say that this car is on transit.

2. Don't bother about changing numbers or anything like that just pay fine whenever you stopped by police. Once in a while it will happen and your expenses will be less. Anytime you can take the car back to Delhi as if you have not been to Bangalore;

3. Go to bangalore and pay local road tax on the same RC book of yours (Delhi Registered), Bingo! you have no issues.
Old 11th September 2009, 08:13   #10
BHPian

Thanks guys- But on hearsay I already applied for the NOC which i will get today from RTO-Sheik Sarai delhi. Now I will move the car to Bangalore and after a year it will be back into delhi. I don't mind paying a fine to cops each time- But will my details and registration remain valid when I move back to Delhi.

I've heard that once NOC is applied-The RTO where the vehicle is registered orignally will remove all such details and transfer to the RTO in which circle the car will be driven.

I don't want this to happen, I will be moving the car back to Delhi.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:23   #11
BHPian

Ok, since you have already applied for the NOC. You can either get it registered in Karnataka by paying almost half the price of XETA (Read, very costly road tax). Or get the NOC canceled from Bangalore (you cannot get it canceled in delhi) without registering saying plans of staying in bangalore is canceled or any reason immediately.

Secondly, as trammway said get fuel filled from housr in which way you will save about 2-3 rs per liter and keep receipts handy every time a cop catches your brother.
Old 11th September 2009, 10:07   #12
BHPian

I don't think your documents will be transferred to Bangalore unless and until you go to Bangalore RTO office and apply for road tax in Karnataka. In case if you are paying road tax in Karnataka, you can claim refund from the Delhi RTO (not suited in your case as your car will be back in a year)
The NOC will be valid only for 6 months from the date of receipt. Since your car will be in Bangalore for a year, after the end of 5th month you can renew the NOC so that you can keep the car running for another six months (P.S. You brother needs to send the original documents back to Delhi for renewal). I faced the same problem when I transferred my bike from Bangalore to Chennai. I took NOC in the month of June 2009 and it is valid till December 2009. Till now I have not paid the road tax at chennai. This information is straight from the horse'smouth (traffic inspector) when he got the golden opportunity of getting a "Bakra" like me at Chennai Central. I escaped without paying a single penny.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Phamilyman, you can share you expert advise with us also

Now that you have the NOC, its valid for only 6 months, after that your Xeta will be a citizen of no state. You dont have many options now, only one as below:

- Once you are here, pay Road tax first, the calculation is in the RTO website, Tax= x% (depends on age) of 12% of Invoice cost.

- Register you Car in Bangalore, Get a KA number. If you dont, you can't ask for a refund while moving back to Delhi. Even your Delhi refund will be processed ONLY once you have a KA registration copy sent to Delhi RTO.

- While moving back, again take a NOC from bangalore RTO and get it registered again in Delhi and send a copy of your Delhi registration(new one) to Bangalore RTO for the refund of the Road tax.

Only prorata refund is given, check the Karnataka and Delhi RTO website for the details.

Can you also please provide the steps you went through for getting the NOC in Delhi for clarity to members here.

Last edited by dadu : 11th September 2009 at 12:49.
Old 13th September 2009, 09:07   #14
BHPian

Ok, I went to MLO officer at RTO Sheik Sarai: He heard my story and said I leave it to you to decide on the NOC. He said Once I issue it you are bound by law to get the XETA registered in Bangalore within 3 Months.

I said if i did not want it, he said just manage and don't get caught else you will have to pay penalty.

So here are the options as presented:

1) Drive the car to Hosur for PUC and Petrol bills and if caught claim that you were in transit.

2) Pay Road Tax for 1 year and keep the slip handly and not change the registration. ( Incase if this is the best option guys please advise what is the cost)

3) Drive at Off peak hours- Don't know how my brother will manage.

Would any of the members in bangalore speak and advise him the best suggestions incase he needs help.

The steps for NOC were pretty simple and the application is done within a day but to collect it takes 15-20 days since it goes in for Verification and all.

Documents required:

PUC Latest / PAN Card ( Must for all RTO work in Delhi) Copy / Insurance copy - All orignals are required to be shown.

Address Proof Copy-Where the car is registered currently. RC Copy ( Smart Card )

Form 28 filled with Chassis print- You would need the main Chassis number print on the bulkhead of the car.

INR 300 fees submitted on Counter 5 on 3rd Floor of Sheik Sarai Authority. Total process takes 10 min for submission.
Old 13th September 2009, 09:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, but is the validity period of the NOC mentioned anywhere ? I got a NOC recently from B'lore but don't see anything mentioned like it's valid till so-and-so date.

Is there any law that says NOC is valid till 3 months ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks