Team-BHP - Car RC book not yet sent
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Car RC book not yet sent (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9205-car-rc-book-not-yet-sent.html)

Hi all, I brought a Baleno in July and got it registered in Noida. I have the RC (Registration certificate) receipt but till now the RC hasn't been sent. I enquired from the dealer (Marketing Times in Delhi) and they only give assurance and say not to worry and it would come soon.

Could someone, who has recently registered a car in Noida please let me know how much time does it take for an RC to arrive ?

July!? Dude, your temporary registeration is valid for just 1 month. So if you are stopped by a cop you are in trouble. I guess you need to contact NOIDA Authority. It usually comes within 10-12 days.

And in Bangalore, i got it in 15 days

Oboy thats a few months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was pissed off because I got mine after 20 days!

Coincidentally heard news yesterday that starting next month RCs would be available from any RTO in Kerala within 10 minutes of submitting the docs....I'd like to see that happen for real. Computers or not, you have the same donkeys operating them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Oboy thats a few months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was pissed off because I got mine after 20 days!

Coincidentally heard news yesterday that starting next month RCs would be available from any RTO in Kerala within 10 minutes of submitting the docs....I'd like to see that happen for real. Computers or not, you have the same donkeys operating them!

Yeah i guess , you'll get the RC within 10 minutes of actually submitting the documents, the actual 'submitting' could take a while longer i guess, like about 2 to 3 days lol

When is see it happening then i'll believe it ......

RC book was given with the delivery of the car. It takes about 2-3 days from the time of making the full payment to the dealer.

I bought a Fusion in Noida 4 months back and even I haven't got my RC book. I know of 4 more people with different cars whose RC book hasn't come yet (after 3 months). The reason Ford dealer told me was that their office is in Delhi and so it has to be transferred to UP Noida registration which takes a month time. They still cannot answer to my query on why its taking so much time but I'm suppose to get it this week after a lot of push from my side.

I second Rtech ,the RC does not take more than 2-3 days once the full payment is made to the dealer .

Shobhit 15 - Did you get the car finance ? If yes than did you get the finance done from any DSA or straight from the Maruti dealer cos in most cases the RC only gets delayed when the full payment hasn't been made from the other side ..

No matter what deal you get , dont get the car financed from any DSA cos what they do is they take those 60 cheques from you (if in advance mode) but what the Showroom dealer recieves is the payment of 59 or sometimes 58 cheques , the remaining 2 cheques goes in the DSA's pocket .
Till the time the full payment is not reached to the dealer ,he cannot release the RC .. i am afraid but as far as i know this is the only reason for the delay of RC . The best thing you can do is to go and shout at the dealers end .

U.P govt offices are known to be most corrupt and irresponsible in the country after bihar,so dont worry go in and lodge a FIR for lost RC and apply for a duplicate copy

Hmm,
that is a long time.
Here we got our RC book within 5 days from delivery for the lancer and with the merc.

In Bangalore it took more than 55 to 60 days to get the RC books for two cars.
Different RTO offices, but purchased within a month of each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri
In Bangalore it took more than 55 to 60 days to get the RC books for two cars.

That's too long dude. You normally get within a week or at max within 15 days.

I got my car's registration number on 10th June. It's been almost two months and I haven't received the RC yet.

The ford dealer is telling me that there is a delay from the transport authority as they have a shortage of inspectors and a lot of their RCs are getting stuck and taking at least a couple of months.

Should I buy that argument or is there something I can do? Should I contact the authority directly?

What with the temporary registration and the life tax paid at the dealer, the RTA s seem to be not too pressed to work speedily.

There are two issues here. First, the finance company guys take ages to clear the documentation needed for the RTA. After that, even if the MVI inspects the vehicle, the documents have to be sent to the RTA (atleast in districts). Though the process was same earlier, the work load too increased and the life tax has been paid along with the delivery of the vehicle, hence the delay. Add to this, it takes anywhere between 7-10 days for the finance co. to deliver the documents.

Now a new issue has cropped up in AP. One needs to pay 12% tax on second vehicle bought by one. If the vehicle you sold is not yet registered in the buyers name and you buy another vehicle, you have to shell out 12 % as against the regular 9% tax.

Bumping up this very old thread.

I had bought a new car in Pune in August 2023. RC was available in Digilocker within few days. However, 3 months have passed but the RC has not come by post yet. Neither any message. Is this normal in Pune/Maharastra? Should I be worried as long as I have the RC in Digilocker?

Is there a portal to search the status?

Please help.
Thanks