Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 12:11   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Merlin - Safari replacement? *UPDATE* Uncovered Pic on pg34 & pg41

C'mon, it's the current safari and not the Merlin.
Another of the brilliant Safari ads, but this time showin the Beast in action.
Old 5th June 2011, 20:07   #362
BHPian

its the ad based on the current Safari, in the end it clearly states Safari Dicor, its not the Merlin.

I liked the ad!
Old 5th June 2011, 21:13   #363
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The newer safari would also be the Safari Dicor as it would be named the safari and have the dicor engine. Merlin is just a working name. But yet the advt is of the current safari and seems to indicate a further delay in the merlin launch?
Old 5th June 2011, 21:19   #364
AVR
BHPian

I think the intent of this ad is largely to highlight their success (1st and 3rd) at Desert Storm. The tyres are taken off the rear door to reduce rattle due to high speed runs on bad terrains. I saw them at the flag off in a similar setup.
Old 5th June 2011, 22:31   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
But yet the advt is of the current safari and seems to indicate a further delay in the merlin launch?
Does not need to be. Just that we have seen this clip now. It's not an ad .. it's 5:39 long.
Old 5th June 2011, 22:38   #366
Senior - BHPian

Black color safari in ad do not have right hand side fog lamp. Look like it is fallen during the ad/clip shoot.
Old 5th June 2011, 22:39   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Does not need to be. Just that we have seen this clip now. It's not an ad .. it's 5:39 long.
I think whats posted here is the uncut version. I have seen clippings from the above video used in TV ads to say that Safari is a winner in the desert storm rally.

Think in another way - Are they hyping it out and bringing the Merlin soon? This will be a perfect marketing for the new launch too. I am also desperately waiting for the launch - not that I will be able to buy it immediately, but curious how much progress TATA has made on this car.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:06   #368
BHPian

^^ Yes, I have been thinking of the same [Marlin launch is coming soon] every time I see this AD. Looks so nice and I was also jumping up & down looking at the missing spare wheel in tail

Hopefully, Merlin sees the floor soon.

Prem.
Old 6th June 2011, 12:08   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
^^ Yes, I have been thinking of the same [Marlin launch is coming soon] every time I see this AD. Looks so nice and I was also jumping up & down looking at the missing spare wheel in tail

Hopefully, Merlin sees the floor soon.

Prem.
Tata's have been known for their brilliant TVCs, and I am sure its a strategy. The Ad talks about three things, Safari, Desert storm and of course that the Safari without a spare wheel on tail gate can actually look good (Thereby creating a sensation / acceptance for Merlin)
Old 6th June 2011, 13:46   #370
BHPian

Today I spoke to Concorde Motors Sales Head, Southern region. Says, there are no much updates on this Merlin about when it will be launched. I suspected it to be in the month of June, 2011 but might have slipped to September, 2011. I believe sales are the last persons who get this information. Only the Engineers Unit of TML should know.

The first release process is very tedious. The product needs to be a bug free as I know, Tata Engineers are aggressive in this respect, no patch up, but direct bugfix. Also, looks like the TML is waiting for their supplier product refinements. When I had a chance for a face to face discussion with TML engineers, I had a very big list of feedback for them. They listened to all the points patiently and noted them as well. All the feedback, suggestion from me were regarding Vista, Manza, Safari and Aria which went up to 1.5 hours.
Old 6th June 2011, 23:56   #371
BHPian

September, It is. Like it or not, TATA has pretty much freezed the time slot for releasing Merlin.

So three more moths of wait.

BTW, for those who are wondering how can I be so sure...well, safari retail targets for dealerships show a minimum 20% growth in month of september with another 20% in October with final months of year settling around 120% of months preceding September.
Old 7th June 2011, 19:22   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
September, It is. Like it or not, TATA has pretty much freezed the time slot for releasing Merlin.

BTW, for those who are wondering how can I be so sure...well, safari retail targets for dealerships show a minimum 20% growth in month of september with another 20% in October with final months of year settling around 120% of months preceding September.
Nothing happening before Nov / Dec. And dont be surprised if the new Safari is launched in first qtr of 2012. Source : One of my uncle (in law) works TML.
Old 7th June 2011, 22:53   #373
BHPian

So there are many BHPians here who have contacted there insider in TML and come up with multiple probable date scenarios. Ranging from the initially estimated April 2011 to 2012 Auto Expo. That means there is really no clarity on the dates yet. Only TML can remove this ambiguity.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:02   #374
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to buy a Safari. Any idea if its worth waiting for a price cut in the old model once the new Safari is launched? Honda has already comeup with price cuts for City. If you could use your contacts and give a hint or PM I would be very greatful to you

VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Nothing happening before Nov / Dec. And dont be surprised if the new Safari is launched in first qtr of 2012. Source : One of my uncle (in law) works TML.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Today I spoke to Concorde Motors Sales Head, Southern region. Says, there are no much updates on this Merlin about when it will be launched. I suspected it to be in the month of June, 2011 but might have slipped to September, 2011. I believe sales are the last persons who get this information. Only the Engineers Unit of TML should know.

The first release process is very tedious. The product needs to be a bug free as I know, Tata Engineers are aggressive in this respect, no patch up, but direct bugfix. Also, looks like the TML is waiting for their supplier product refinements. When I had a chance for a face to face discussion with TML engineers, I had a very big list of feedback for them. They listened to all the points patiently and noted them as well. All the feedback, suggestion from me were regarding Vista, Manza, Safari and Aria which went up to 1.5 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post

Old 15th June 2011, 12:56   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy a Safari. Any idea if its worth waiting for a price cut in the old model once the new Safari is launched? Honda has already comeup with price cuts for City. If you could use your contacts and give a hint or PM I would be very greatful to you

VW
That sounds great. I believe its worth waiting another 3 months. Tata guys say old Safari will also be present in the market. There will be hardly a price difference of 1.5 to 2 lakhs between current Safari & Merlin. The rates have already been slashed. As you are looking to invest on old model Safari, it will be worth if you wait until September, rather than repenting on it later. The Merlin comes with lots of bug fixes.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 15th June 2011 at 13:06.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks