Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 20:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
Alto does not have the fancy stickers right now. Lets get a few atrocious stickers and voila I have a limited edition too ...

Wake up Maruti - The market has matured - or din't you notice?
We want VFM and you do a pretty good job - you don't need to indulge in these gimmicks. Just continue giving us good cars... better still, spend the money on sprucing up your cars' interiors.
I saw the ritz and other limited versions. The stickers are quite ugly Seems the door visor sets are included in the package. As per the salesman, in lieu of the 14 k discounts, you get 20k worth of accessories. The ones I could spot are:

1. JVC 'double deck' stereo with USB port and two front speakers, with provisions for rear seat. The face plate is detachable, but the salesman was not confident whether he could put it back on perfectly, so didn't try this.

2. The door visors were present.

3. The seats and steering were covered in leather cover, but it was a boring gray colour. It looks that as if you have entered a gray color world! Hope There are options for the cover colors.

4. Couldn't see any skirting or anything. As far as I can remember, the body side mouldings and bumber moldings were NOT part of the package.

Some observations:

1. Seats do not fold up to make a flat bed, but rather, it is a storied structure. In Figo, you get a beautiful flat bed after the seats are folded. Not in Ritz.

2. Salesman said the JVC double deck (meaning covering all the empty place provided to put a deck, and not just half of it) itself costs 10,000. True?

3. Blue colour was looking horrendous! Maybe because it was bit dusty, maybe because we saw the car in tubelight in night, or maybe it was a bad piece. But that sure striked blue out of our list.

4. When I said I would buy around Christmas, he said it is bit doubtful whether the cars will stay till then, and I'll have to book the car.

Lastly, some questions:

I am looking for LXi version, and the rear head rests are not available there. Is it possible to get them fitted from outside? Expected costs?

I liked the blue dash color. Is it available only in top version, or can it be made available in LXi version too?

I know more is never enough, but what is more VFM? LXi or VXi? My budget is already stretched for LXi itself.
Old 19th November 2010, 22:04   #17
BANNED

I checked them out at the showroom last fortnight, they sure look cool. If you are a Maruti fan and considering a Maruti purchase already, give them a consideration.

Cheers
Old 19th November 2010, 23:10   #18
BHPian

looks like a bad trick to clear old stock and slow moving cars! But why only in Nagpur, is this happening in any other city?
Old 19th November 2010, 23:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
looks like a bad trick to clear old stock and slow moving cars! But why only in Nagpur, is this happening in any other city?
This event is NOT limited to Nagpur alone. I saw this in Pune, and evidently, the above poster saw this in Banglore itself. Guess it is all country launch.
Old 20th November 2010, 00:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
This event is NOT limited to Nagpur alone. I saw this in Pune, and evidently, the above poster saw this in Banglore itself. Guess it is all country launch.
Okay, that makes sense.
Old 20th November 2010, 00:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Was the 14k discount available when you bought the car, Zero Cool?
dude i got sx4 zxi all incl on road at 7.67L. so that makes the discount around 25k plus free accessories.
Old 20th November 2010, 10:07   #22
BHPian

The current scheme is about 55000 off if exchanged.
Old 24th February 2011, 14:00   #23
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki's limited edition lineup

Just received an email from Maruti

Dear Customer

We are happy to share that a new limited edition RITZ DAZZLE is being launched in RITZ.

‘Ritz DAZZLE’ is loaded with great features and stylized aesthetics. The features include Stylish Art Leather Seat Covers, Body Side Molding, Security System with shock sensor, Double Din MP3 system with USB and Two 6” speakers, Bluetooth hands free kit, Side body graphics, body colored mirrors and door handles to enhance its style quotient. This would be well supplemented with VXI/VDI features like front and rear fog lamps, body colored bumpers, wheel covers and front and rear power windows.

These accessories are worth approx. Rs. 24,000 /- and are absolutely free for Customer. DAZZLE is priced the same as Ritz ex-showroom price.

To know more, SMS “RITZ” to 53636

Old 25th February 2011, 12:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^ that's ceratinly a good move from Maruti.
Well at first I just thought for the Limited edition, Maruti would only offer some stickers and body coloured mirrors, But i'm proved wrong,
The accessory list looks good & thankfully they are not charging anything extra on those.
Old 25th February 2011, 12:38   #25
BHPian

One of my observations is that the 'limited editions' are in colours that generally do not sell. Hence a 'limited' badge to these cars with non-selling colours with some garish stickers and lo & behold - a new avatar!!
Old 25th February 2011, 12:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Instead of charging extra, they are simply taking away any discounts on present models. So you can either buy normal version with discounts, or these special editions without any discount.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Good way to clear stocks, of both cars and accessories I must say. Is this normally a manufacturer initiative or its from the dealer?
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

In continuation of the Limited Edition of the Wagon R christened as Freedom for LXI version & Freedom+ for VXI version & a buyer ends up saving Rs.19,000 on these limited edition models.

Here s Motoroids report on the same:

Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Freedom Features, Pictures, Price | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:46   #29
BHPian

The ALTO-800 & Wagon-R(Type-2) have had functional Limited editions. The Wagon-R Primea(Celebration) & Alto Spin/Xfun/Xcite.

While the Wagon-R Primea came with :
1) Two-tone beige and wooden finished interiors
2) Fog-lamps
3) Alloy Wheels
4) Chrome muffler cap (Chrome exhaust pipe)
5) Two-tone, two spoke, leather finished steering wheel
6) Newly designed speedometer, with a halo effect
7) Key-less entry

The Alto Xcite LXi came with:

1) front power windows
2) manual central locking
3) body colored bumpers
4) internally adjustable ORVM (not body colored; they are black),
5) two tone interior color scheme,
6) interior color coordinated seat fabric
7) rear demister!
8) rear parcel tray
9) body side mouldings
10) fabric inserts on door panel
11) remote boot opener
12) half wheel covers
13) new gear knob
14) grill with garnish (chrome plated)
15) rear quarter panel trim

For 13-15K more than regular variant price, these were mouth watering deals. I felt quite bewildered when MUL proposed the Xcite soon after I had bought my regular LXi. Since then I've searched high & low, but have not been able to find an MGP rear defogger assy. Even the authorised stockists don't have it nor does the new K10!

What has happened to the new limited variants? They offer almost nothing of functional value

(Variant features taken from T-BHP itself)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks