Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 08:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's limited edition lineup

There is a four day event (17 - 21) taking place here in NAGPUR , comprising of road show and event . Five limited edition models are on display , i.e Ritz Dazzle , SX4 Signature , A-Star Revo , Alto Flash , Estilo Elite .
Only features of SX4 and A-Star are mentioned in the newspaper .

SX4 - Reverse parking sensors

A-Star - Reverse parking sensors , leather seats and steering cover , extra reading lamp.

Is something similar going on in other cities ?
Old 18th November 2010, 09:13   #2
BHPian

Limited editions? If these features make a car limited edition, almost every second owner of Maruti right now has a limited edition car!
Old 18th November 2010, 09:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Ritz Dazzle ?? Is the Genus [or Genius] out of production now?

How desperate is Maruti trying to increase the sales of SX4 & A-Star ! Too bad ! I thought SX4 is a very capable car and was selling decent numbers ! Whats the basic issue with this car? Pricing?

Alto is the best selling car - So why do they need a limited edition? That too for no reason !

If the features are not listed, don't break your head - the additional feature should be some stupid stickers on all those cars and nothing else !
Old 18th November 2010, 09:58   #4
BHPian

SX4 is going steady around 2000 nos. per month. The reverse parking sensors should have been part of the original specs for this car (at least for ZXI), even if the price is increased by 5K. I don't think a person willing to spend around Rs 9 lakhs will mind to shell out another 5K for this feature.

Murthy
Old 18th November 2010, 10:17   #5
BHPian

they must be limited edition by dealer not by company
Old 18th November 2010, 10:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

I don't think this is a dealer edition. Same advertisement in Pune ToI.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki's limited edition lineup-getimage.png  

Old 18th November 2010, 11:18   #7
BHPian

The stickers on the displayed A-star in the ad,
were already available for sale from MGA seperately.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:47   #8
BHPian

There was a Swift limited edition in black with decals and leather seats, integrated music system available a couple of months back.
It was approx 40K costlier than the regular Vxi.

I havent seen MUL aggressively advertising its limited editions in the market unlike some others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How desperate is Maruti trying to increase the sales of SX4 & A-Star ! Too bad ! I thought SX4 is a very capable car and was selling decent numbers !
SX4 is selling decent numbers - its no. 2 in the sub-10L sedan segment. But - its half of what the market leader - ANHC is selling.

Quote:
Whats the basic issue with this car? Pricing?
Nope - the price is quite spot-on. Its just that ANHC has it beat on every count other than GC & service.

Last edited by Stratos : 24th February 2011 at 14:08.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
SX4 is selling decent numbers - its no. 2 in the sub-10L sedan segment. But - its half of what the market leader - ANHC is selling.
SX4 in absolute terms does decent no.s. Just that when compared to ANHC it looks poor, but then all 8-10Lac sedans are poor in comparison to ANHC no.s.

Also others have both Diesel and Petrol whereas SX4 & ANHC has only Petrol options. So ~2000ish levels monthly for SX4 petrol is decent.

I thought the SX4 limited edition was called Royale. How is the Signature edition different from Royale? Here's the Royale offer in Ahmadabad:

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki Offers The Limited Edition SX4 with MGA worth Rs.31,624/- in Ahmedabad!!
Maruti Suzuki SX4 Royale Features Bluetooth, Neck Support, Reverse Parking Sensor, Rear Spoiler, Silver Chrome Royale Decal... Conditions Apply*

Last edited by p'arth : 18th November 2010 at 12:23.
Old 18th November 2010, 12:51   #10
BHPian

What exactly are they bundling in the Ritz Dazzle? AFAIK this is not the Genus, because the Genus is only available in the Emerald Blue color, and the one in the poster looks to be Silky Silver. Hopefully its the integrated music system that comes in the DZire, with USB... even the one on Genus doesn't have one :(
Old 18th November 2010, 12:57   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post

I havent seen MUL aggressively advertising its limited editions in the market unlike some others...
and thats probably because MUL comes up with too many "Limited Editions" too often!!
Old 19th November 2010, 11:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Maruti dealer. The new things in Lxi & Vxi models of Ritz are:

No 14,000rs discount, in liue of that, following are provided:

company fitted stereo with USB
mud flaps
body color handles n mirrors
body skirting (i am doubtful about this)
Leather seat and steering covers

Will check it today evening.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:04   #13
BHPian

I dont think that maruti comes out with good "limited editions". i did a bit of bargaining and i pretty much got all the accessories except the body kit for free with my car. yup the faux leather seats, reverse parking sensor, 3m sunfilm doorsils, leather steering and maybe a a couple of more things which i am forgetting.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Was the 14k discount available when you bought the car, Zero Cool?
Old 19th November 2010, 15:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Ritz Dazzle ?? Is the Genus [or Genius] out of production now?

How desperate is Maruti trying to increase the sales of SX4 & A-Star ! Too bad ! I thought SX4 is a very capable car and was selling decent numbers ! Whats the basic issue with this car? Pricing?

Alto is the best selling car - So why do they need a limited edition? That too for no reason !

If the features are not listed, don't break your head - the additional feature should be some stupid stickers on all those cars and nothing else !
Alto does not have the fancy stickers right now. Lets get a few atrocious stickers and voila I have a limited edition too ...

Wake up Maruti - The market has matured - or din't you notice?
We want VFM and you do a pretty good job - you don't need to indulge in these gimmicks. Just continue giving us good cars... better still, spend the money on sprucing up your cars' interiors.

Most Viewed