Team-BHP - Lost my service coupons / booklet - what should I do for service?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Lost my service coupons / booklet - what should I do for service? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/92463-lost-my-service-coupons-booklet-what-should-i-do-service.html)

Folks, I need some advice here. I own a 1.3 MJD punto which is a year old and has run 12k kms. I had a service done at 3k and remember using the service coupon for that. But I need to take it down to KHT motors for the 1 year service but just realised the service coupons and the book is missing.
I need to be there at 9 am but not sure what theyre going to come at me with.
Is this a big issue? Do I need to get my previous SA ( who is in Mumbai) talk to the folks here in KHT bangalore or something like that?

I am not sure. But I would assume the system is computerized. So they would have a record of your previous transactions.

I suggest you go to the service center early and speak with someone senior. Usually the first guy you meet is the one who is powerless to make a decision but will make the most noise.

Check the designation of the guy you speak to before discussing with them.
But be polite when doing this.

okay will try and explain the case and see what happens. I'll probably take my invoice along which shows that the car is only a year old.

How important are those service coupons, I wonder. Neither at Hyundai, nor at M&M, have I offered to hand in my service coupons, and the service centres hadn't bothered to ask for my service coupons either (though Maruti used to collect them meticulously). All they looked at was the odo reading, and the corresponding free service was done. I don't think getting replacement coupons, or even getting the free services done without coupon, is going to be a problem.

Thanks SS. That gives me a lot of confidence. I'm just going to go there early and see what happens. I just want my engine oil, air ,oil and pollen filter changed and coolant filled. I dont need to get anything else done because there are no complaints till date. I get my wheel balancing done outside. Just facing upto the dreaded tat-fiat service personell is giving me a sleepless night.

tata has an ERP implementation, and even if you dont have the manual, the record will be available online. I imagine that since they have the common service, it should be there for fiat as well

Please also talk to the company helpline for necessary guidance. I am hopeful that the company website will have some icon for contacting the concerned officials which you can do with a mail.
I am also sure the records of your previous services are computerised and that the dealer can retrieve the records from the service centre, where the previous services were undertaken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milestogo (Post 2146816)
I'm just going to go there early and see what happens.

So what happened? Please update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milestogo (Post 2146798)
Folks, I need some advice here. I own a 1.3 MJD punto which is a year old and has run 12k kms. I had a service done at 3k and remember using the service coupon for that. But I need to take it down to KHT motors for the 1 year service but just realised the service coupons and the book is missing.
I need to be there at 9 am but not sure what theyre going to come at me with.
Is this a big issue? Do I need to get my previous SA ( who is in Mumbai) talk to the folks here in KHT bangalore or something like that?

OMG you are doomed, your car will be seized and license confiscated and you will be jailed!!

Just kidding nothing will happen, FIAT will be happy to see a customer :D

It's not a big deal at all. The service center will be more than willing to accommodate you. Worst case scenario, email a letter stating facts to the manufacturer's customer care department, CC a copy of that to the dealer and you should be all set. A friend lost his service coupons once and promptly received xeroxes (but with serial numbers written with a pen, and original stamp) by mail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 2148994)
tata has an ERP implementation, and even if you dont have the manual, the record will be available online.

Strangely enough, every time there is a warranty claim (and by God, there have been so many of them), the Tata-owned workshop insists on the original warranty booklet. When I've paid for extended warranty, I'm pretty sure their computerised system should reflect that?

Sorry about the late update - have been doing some to and fro on the phone between Fortune in Bombay and KHT in bangalore.
Last weekend they said you cant bring the car in for service without coupons if you did not buy the car from us since we need the coupon to get re-imbursement from the dealer where I bought the car from.
I then spoke to the service head in KHT and his manager and we finally agreed that if KHT bangalore sent a mail to fortune in bombay with chasis, regn no and customer name, then fortune could just reply back saying they were happy to re-imburse. That happened today, so I am now "allowed" to take my car in for free service with KHT tomorrow morning. Hopefully there wont be any new surprises. But overall its not been so bad but its taken some work.
Tata has the ERP implementation , so KHT can see my car details, but they dont wont directly deal with fortune - I had to do all the liasing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milestogo (Post 2154148)
Tata has the ERP implementation , so KHT can see my car details, but they dont wont directly deal with fortune - I had to do all the liasing.

Sad to see that despite an ERP implementation, a simple matter of lost coupons involves this kind of harassment for the customer. What next? Customer will be asked to become the workshop manager when his car is in for service?
Tata - wake up!

Guys , I have a peculiar problem.

I got my car back from service yesterday. I had given it to Chowgule's Katraj workshop.

As per the SA's instructions, I had left my service booklet come user manual in the glove compartment of my car when i left it for servicing.
However, when I got the car back yesterday, it was missing. I checked with the SA and he said he would search for it and get back to me.

However he called me up today and told me that he doesnt have it with him and he checked everywhere.

What are my options for the next free servicing (3rd) as well as needing the manual for personal reference ?

Manual is less of a problem. You could probably download it online or copy it from someone.
For free service - if its from the dealer you bought your car then there should be no problem. If it is not, then you might want to get copies of the coupons ( blame the loss on the service centre) by writing to Maruti (I'm assuming you own a swift)

It is a good idea not to leave anything in the car's dash before giving it for servicing at bigger workshops. Leave everything at home. Carry xerox copies of your RC, insurance , driving licence etc. in your wallet.

Some workshops make an inventory of the material like Jack, tool kit, spare bulbs, cigarette lighter, perfume etc loose itmes and give you a receipt. If they don't do it insist for it. It is very difficult to trace items in large work shops , once they are lost.

Murthy