Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:28   #16
BHPian

That is super cool. Imagine the brain(s) behind this, to pull-off such a deal. Need to meet this person.
United we stand, BMW's will fall (in our hands)
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:34   #17
BHPian

ya i heard this news.. but seems like people now are forming groups just to bring them in the news. there were some guys who got a similar crazy number of mercs or beemer.. but anyway no taking away anything from them congrats on their purchase!!
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:00   #18
BHPian

What's the story behind this ?

Did Mercedes lose some part of the deal ? Or does Aurangabad really have that much potential ?

In fact i hadn't even heard the name of this city/ town ? before the Merc news & this is a real shocker !!
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:02   #19
BANNED

Aurangabad Jai ho

Truly

People.com
Power.com
and Paisapower.com che.....!
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

Did Mercedes lose some part of the deal ? Or does Aurangabad really have that much potential ?

In fact i hadn't even heard the name of this city/ town ? before the Merc news & this is a real shocker !!

Yes i dont blame you, Aurangabad is a small city around 400kms from Mumbai. Quiet little place and Its known among Tbhpians for its Audi-VW-Skoda facility over there.
But really ,what's with Aurangabad ?? All of a sudden the city is on fire ! Good going. I expect some serious Beemer-Merc rivalries in the city now & most definitely by the start of next year i would expect both of them to have established dealerships in the city.
Correct me if i am wrong but the last time i visited ( 9 years ago) it was quite a small town. Unless it has dramatically expanded since then, with 150 Mercs & 101 Beemers doing the rounds (not to mention the ones that were already present before these orders were placed) i think every second car could be either a Beemer or a Merc out there ! Now i surely want to visit and have a look ! Wow

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 23rd November 2010 at 08:31.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
What is the petrol rate in the city? I am sure none of the car will give more than 7-10kmpl. ....
As they say, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.
If I could comfortably purchase a 30lakh+ car, I would'nt really bother about the price of petrol. These cars will in any case not be daily run-arounds. They'll be reserved for week-ends, going to functions, etc.
But even for daily use, it's a question of a couple of grand more in petrol per month than using, say, a Honda Civic.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
What did they just unearth in Aurangabad - gold mine or oil wells? That's 250 luxury sedans sold in a matter of few months in one (dare I say small) city.

that might be secret, but what i know is lot of cities in India or for that matter lot of Indians are reach enough the only thing what Aurangabadiest did is came out of the typical mindset of "Money is God, Dont spend it" type of syndrome.

Also, the city was a small one but i'll let you know the developments which has changed the face of the Aurangabad.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:21   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

were all these owners from aurangabad itself or did a few outsiders too just booked it from there together. I can see this becoming a new trend in the future specially for tier 2 cities. What can be a better reason than this to garner some publicity for your city. Infact may be this will bring more foreign investment because of the impression that this news would have created.
Secondly I hope the germans have realised the potential in India for there cars. Lets pray together that this makes them price there cars a little more north of 25L.
Or is it just some wishful thinking on my part?
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:23   #24
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesh_evo75 View Post
that might be secret, but what i know is lot of cities in India or for that matter lot of Indians are reach enough the only thing what Aurangabadiest did is came out of the typical mindset of "Money is God, Dont spend it" type of syndrome.

Also, the city was a small one but i'll let you know the developments which has changed the face of the Aurangabad.
They are forming user groups to do bulk buying and get discounts. Per my info, the only condition that Merc had put was to have the cars registered in A'bad. Many people from other citiesin Mah just managed to get addresses in A'bad and booked these cars. Many will now be seen plying on roads in Pune/ Mumbai/ Nasik etc.
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

BTW, Aurangabad is very well known for Ajanta and Ellora, the historic City
also the Devgiri Fort infact was once the capital for Moghul empire this city has come a long way. its the major industrial township in India, once the fastest growing city in Asia is trying to keep the pace for the same now, the city is well known for Automobile industry due to Skoda, Bajaj, Renault-Nissan-Bajaj small car manufacturing plant, Varroc, Endurance, Greaves-Lambordini-Kohler,NRB, and hundreds of Automobile Vendors.

The 101 BMW deal also shows the maturity of the peoples of Aurangabad, as many left out buyers from the Mercedes deal were in thought of other options then Merc, which shows that the deal and the numbers was'nt just because the buyers had the amount and all blindly followed to just raise the number. the BMW buyers though following the same route for the deal, headed by Mr. Pankaj Agrawal is also looking for the ones who are relatives to locals, located outside city and have the potential for the same.
As of today, according to the SAKAL daily informed by Pankaj Agrawal, now has 81 confirmed booking in hand all from Aurangabad, except 3 from Jalgaon and Dhule, and around 20 -25 peoples booking it within weeks time. The State Bank of India is providing the loan facility with loan for 90% of on-road cost at attractive low rate of interest with 7 years of tenure.
The actual deliveries i think will take place in Feb or march 2011, cause there are number of individual who wants X1, which is expected in Jan 11.

AURANGABAD Jai Ho.

Last edited by ganesh_evo75 : 23rd November 2010 at 09:55. Reason: Spelling check
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:56   #26
BHPian

India is truly shining now. I guess the LVs and DKNYs should soon set up shops there.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Yes i dont blame you, Aurangabad is a small city around 400kms from Mumbai. Quiet little place and Its known among Tbhpians for its Audi-VW-Skoda facility over there.
But really ,what's with Aurangabad ?? All of a sudden the city is on fire ! Good going. I expect some serious Beemer-Merc rivalries in the city now & most definitely by the start of next year i would expect both of them to have established dealerships in the city.
Correct me if i am wrong but the last time i visited ( 9 years ago) it was quite a small town. Unless it has dramatically expanded since then, with 150 Mercs & 101 Beemers doing the rounds (not to mention the ones that were already present before these orders were placed) i think every second car could be either a Beemer or a Merc out there ! Now i surely want to visit and have a look ! Wow

I would say its just coincidence about Money well earned, need of Luxury car buy and the great unity amongs the peoples of Aurangabad, all togather and the Merc road show organized in the city. and the rest is all you know.
yes it is indeed a joy to watch lot of these cars on the road, and it would be only getting doubled by arrival of the real JOY...BMW's.
infact i am already seeing the new catch line of BMW, JOY IS AURANGABAD.

You are well-come to Aurangabad, also its lot of potential here for investment so i would suggest start planning, Aurangabad well comes you.

Last edited by ganesh_evo75 : 23rd November 2010 at 10:14. Reason: Check
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

I know one group in Pune who bought 40 Skoda Superbs last year in single booking. They were friends & negotiated with Skoda hard. I heard they got discount of 2-3 Lacs per car.

I guess this kinds of deals are going popular. I think team BHP should also do such things. Finalize the car, know how many number of BHPins want to buy that car, negotiate with the company & make the deal. It can be done for BMW, Merc, Audi, Skoda cars. What say guys?
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:38   #29
BHPian

I think I should open a Fuel Station in Aurangabad!!
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:48   #30
BHPian

Punjab Wedding

A news about punjabi wedding in Times of India

When baraatis took BMWs, solitaires home - The Times of India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks