Team-BHP - 101 BMWs booked in one day in Aurangabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   101 BMWs booked in one day in Aurangabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/92557-101-bmws-booked-one-day-aurangabad.html)

After 150 odd merc booking can bmw be far behind?

101 BMWs booked in one day in Aurangabad - India News - IBNLive

WOW, That's news. Is Jairam Ramesh listening?

I'm pretty sure a city in Punjab is going to retaliate to these numbers. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by S5157 (Post 2148942)
WOW, That's news. Is Jairam Ramesh listening?

>>>
Lads,

Let us keep it in perspective.
JR spoke wrt SUVs and (the Yank) light trucks that have historically been environmentally damaging. Please also note that US has cheap fuel which the governments/administrations there have no intention of raising due to populist compulsions ( same as our populist policies on no tax on agriculture and so on).

However, it is good news for Bimmerheads :D that Bimmer has provided a riposte.

Alas, the day might not be far when we in India have to live with Bimmers with electric steering.

Regards, drive safe

What did they just unearth in Aurangabad - gold mine or oil wells? That's 250 luxury sedans sold in a matter of few months in one (dare I say small) city.

Great going Aurangabad!These German luxury cars in the hundreds will surely be a treat to the eye.
What next 100 Rolls Ghosts / Phantoms? Guess that day is not far ahead!:)

Did Mercedes lose this order to BMW? Secondly it is very interesting to see that a smaller ( ? ) city like Aurangabad has witnessed such a big demand for high end cars. A case study for the marketing guys.

Its really a great news, we must say great going Aurangabad clap: after the booking of 125 Mercs in single shot in last month, 101 Beemers this months which will be made available in new year 2011 by Bavaria Motors, Pune !!
These all German beauties will surely an eye candy for all residents there.
All Aurangabad TBHPians should now see Luxurious Rallies soon.:)
There is an article regarding this news in today's edition of Marathi newspaper "Sakaal" which says that the BMW cars will be soon made available for test drive in Aurangabad & BMW India is also doing roadshow with BMW models there in Aurangabad.
Is Mr. Jairam Ramesh Listening ???
Here is the pic of article:

I say power to the people - if that is what it takes to make a brand so be it. Viva la Aurangabad

Maybe there is some lower tax there and companies are buying in bulk to save.

i expected this news but not so soonclap:

BMW management would have kicked themselves for not having taken the order for 150 cars when merc delivered them.

i was told that even in the first case 150 entrepreneurs approached BMW first but bmw said that they cannot deliver 150 cars in a short period.

did 101 people get together or was it bmw which brought them together?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 2148959)
I'm pretty sure a city in Punjab is going to retaliate to these numbers. lol:

not so soon !!!!!! now let we have the audi deal going and then nobody knows even some will dare to catch our city !!!!!!

This is crazy ! 250 deals..that too min of 30 lakhs each ! MAN ! Whats there in Aurangabad for all these? Should I re-locate ?

Anyone knows the right split in terms of which all models sold how many numbers ?

What is the petrol rate in the city?lol: I am sure none of the car will give more than 7-10kmpl.

May be its done purposefully to catch the eyes of investors to the area, atleast one BMW and Merc showroom/service center is a must in Aurangabad now, so some guys will get jobsclap:

BMW and Merc might as well place dedicated service and sales managers in Aurangabad! What business do they do down there! Crazy! 250 of them in 2 months, do they have good roads too?