Team-BHP - Team-BHP Car of the year 2005
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Team-BHP Car of the year 2005 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9270-team-bhp-car-year-2005-a-2.html)

COTY should be by segment. I dont see any winner across all categories...for turning the market upside down my vote would go to the Swift which is STILL a rage.

I selected Swift as it the cheapest of the lot, fun to drive, good fuel economy and Japanese (so reliable)

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
COTY should be by segment. I dont see any winner across all categories...for turning the market upside down my vote would go to the Swift which is STILL a rage.

Agreed. you are cent percent right.

Swift 'tis for me is 2005 COTY
'Though she looks fat, mean and naughty
Oh, how she sprints when you're sporty
And so well-dressed for the party!

Quote:

Swift 'tis for me is 2005 COTY
'Though she looks fat, mean and naughty
Oh, how she sprints when you're sporty
And so well-dressed for the party!
Ms,
you really have a way with words!

Swift for me and Fiesta to a lesser extent.

Swift primarily because it redefined the B segmant and the indian car market.A brilliant hatchback that can hold it's own even against many luxury cars in the C segmant.

I had voted for Swift & thats the only car I had driven among the list. It doesn't mean that other cars gets defeated in the hands of Swift while contending for the "Car of the year 2005". Not sure about others. I have a personal feeling that this will be biased one.

Statisticaly its the swift but as an overall CAR OF THE YEAR it has to be the fiesta.

Fun to drive, loaded, looks GREATand easy on the pocket.. its the Swift for me. Isn't it the COTY in Japan as well??

I would definetily say the SWIFT. its a great family car as well and really practical..

COTY for me is Swift, its definitely the best launch of 2005. Its got great styling and very fun to drive. Ford Fiesta comes close second.

agreed swift won in terms of sales ..but i really dont think is such a good car..

i voted for the embera..
truely coz it has succeeded taking the fight back to the honda , amazing interiors ,i loved the shape, great presence, ofcourse unbeatable pricing..i hope the car is selling well in india ...

I have selected the Swift because of:

1. The brilliant product that it is. This is a small car that is competing with C Segment sedans on ride quality / safety / comfort parameters.

2. What it has done to Marutis image

3. The awesome pricing strategy. This single handedly makes it more relevant to most car buyers in India.

But the Fiesta is darn close!

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
I have selected the Swift because of:

Then why you have not voted :)

It is quite obvious that the Swift has made an impression on the Indian Car Market, infact it has made a BIG impression on the "already upbeat small car segment Market"...I doubt if any other car can match the response that Swift has got when it was launched.
But I also have to say that it would be better if the cars were actually classified on the basis of theri resp. segments. There have been many more launches...both Indian Makes and as well as the much awaited European Biggies.

Where is Indica Turbo??