Team-BHP - Team-BHP Car of the year 2005
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Team-BHP Car of the year 2005 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9270-team-bhp-car-year-2005-a.html)

hello guys,
its pretty much the last few days of the year 2005, its time to get our voting pads out, which acc to you was the best car of the year 2005 ???

swift acc to me. well i could stick my neck and say that the a 6 was better.

wht do u guys reckon ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427
hello guys,
its pretty much the last few days of the year 2005, its time to get our voting pads out, which acc to you was the best car of the year 2005 ???

swift acc to me. well i could stick my neck and say that the a 6 was better.

wht do u guys reckon ???

Is not that getting a bit too generic? I mean how do you decide the best car? What are the parameters? Someone looking for a small car with the best possible FE may as well say it is Indica Turbo. Someone with lot of funds may say it was Porsche Cayyene...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo
Is not that getting a bit too generic? I mean how do you decide the best car? What are the parameters? Someone looking for a small car with the best possible FE may as well say it is Indica Turbo. Someone with lot of funds may say it was Porsche Cayyene...

precisedly the point, the only point of refernce is this year. over all best cars, just in case a point of refernce is need lets break it down to the best RELEASED small car, best NEW RELEASED MID Range car and so on so forth

Here are my awards for the cars launched this year:

Most Practical Car - Toyota Innova
Most fun to drive - Suzuki Swift
Best Diesel - Hyundai Tucson
Best Petrol - NHC ZX Vtec
Best Overall Package - Ford Fiesta

Shan2nu

my preferences

BEST UTILITY VEHICLE-toyota innova
BEST SMALL CAR-maruti suzuki swift
BEST MIDSIZE CAR-ford fiesta
BEST LOWER LUXURY CAR-hyundai sonata
MOST IMPROVED SMALL CAR-tata indica turbo
MOST IMPROVED MIDSIZE CAR-honda city Vtec
MOST IMPROVED UTILITY VEHICLE-mahindra scorpio crde

I dont think we should have categories, cause we do not have enough launches to qualify the need for that. I think just one or two car of the year choices should do.

My personal cars of the year are Swift and Innova.

21000 bookings in the first month makes the Swift win the 'car of the year' award . IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
21000 bookings in the first month makes the Swift win the 'car of the year' award . IMO.

Yeah. Even I think the Swift will be named as the car of the year.

So are we having a TBHP, car of the year award?
This year's European car of the year award went to the Renault Clio, regardless of segment. Its always a family car that wins in Europe. I like both the Swift/Fiesta, both cars that redefined the
competetive landscape in their segments. At the end the Fiesta wins for me because Swift uses carryover engine and FOrd made the effort to offer 3 engine options from day1. If the Swift Tdi was here at the right price, that would be something to think about.

i am thinking of posting a voting thread for car of the year 2005.

Lets start this new award of our own ,Team-BHP Car of the year 2005 as we dont have any specific criteria for the poll consider your personal criteria to vote,please explain why you voted for that car, i got inspiration from a similar thread posted today.

for moderaters-there is a similar thread posted today if feel the same points are posted in these threads please merge them.

after reading GTOs review of the fiesta.i bet its going to finish as a winner.

rev

Well, to be true Fiesta is just launched and we don't have any ownership experience to share with it, hence I am voting for maruti Suzuki swift because its good looker and have all other fancy stuff.

i dunno guys...innvoa is the winner here...if the qualis was here it still would be a contender in volumes atleast..1!1

It has to be the new Hyundai Sonata Emberra for 2005.

It shows that big boy Hyundai is now mature enough to compete with the men around.

The sonata knocks the knuckles of a Honda. If only Honda could learn good R&D can keep them afloat in India and not the high prices they are commending.

A close second would be the swift which comes fully loaded at around 5 lacs.
Thanks to maruti